BURN IT DOWN Puzzle - Ongoing Progress (Full Puzzle Complete)

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Depression

_Depression Well-Known Member

Now it's starting to sound a lot less plausible.

2. DJSchirms

DJSchirms Member

that would be for now 0:17 + 0:13 + 0:25 + 0:16 + 0:20 + 0:12 + 0:24 + 0:11 + 0:21 = 2:39 min

+ 4 where 1 could be 00. That would be nearly the whole song.. hm.

3. SKaRR*oKi

SKaRR*oKi Everything.Falls.Apart

Cant quote what im responding to on my phone. Maybe all the 0 are infinite and play constantly in the background, then the 3's come in, then the 4's etc, each playing a different layer of the song.

4. Anne

Anne married to the ocean LPA VIP

How do you know the song won't be longer than 2:39? I'm asking because "That would be nearly the whole song"

5. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm just going to say now that I still don't believe Living Things to be the album title. Yes with the rate the puzzle is going that seems the solution, and it very well could be the solution, but there's nothing set in stone that says we were doing the cipher to figure out the album title. Could I be wrong? Absolutely. But knowing this band, and how they operate...I'd be stunned if such a weak phrase is the album title. Does everyone forget the oppenheimer quote that had like 10 different languages in it, and everyone thought that "trinity" (one of the hints) was the album title? I really think Living Things is not the album title. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But that guy does not have a Warner source. Otherwise he wouldn't have made so many mistakes in the past.

6. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Reposting for the sake of further discussion.

7. SKaRR*oKi

SKaRR*oKi Everything.Falls.Apart

If you dont think its living things, perhaps suggest what it could be instead? Such as time lengths of snippets

8. _Depression

I really agree with you, and I was wondering if Living Things wasn't just a codeword hidden in there to spark something new. But right now it doesn't really seem like we've progressed much since the tweet and I wonder if there's something in stl22's posts that we've missed, that LP noticed.

Right now there's been total silence from any kind of official source, so either we're wrong or they're being strangely silent about this. There are still 6 hours until the next segment is revealed, so hopefully we can get somewhere before that.

9. _Depression

I've been wondering about the possibility of this all being an anagram, but with only two vowels so far we don't have much to go on... Right now we have 4 more segments and if one of them breaks the chance for legible words (like a K between the H and N) then it's definitely an anagram, or we're definitely wrong.

10. Rhazmuz

Rhazmuz Active Member

Well Im not sure about any of this, however I did a search on Living things (I know, might be fake, but w/e), and I found a page relating it to the word Qabala. Then I searched for Qabala cipher and got this page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Qabalah

Dunno if any of those systems shed more light on the numbers or anything, but well, anything might ignite the right spark :)

To clarify, the relation between living things and Qabala was taken from here: http://secure.addy.com/duvers/PDF/THE CIPHER OF GENESIS.pdf

There are various places in that document that the words living things appear, again dunno if this holds any worth in regards to LP etc

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  11. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Strange thought,
    maybe the letters are indeed L-I-V-I-N-G-T-H-I-N-G-S, but the letters are NOT in the correct order, meaning the word 'LIVING THINGS' is actually a disguise from the true word beneath.
    Anyone think of word/words made up from those letters?
    Although I see a V so there probably aren't much options.

12. danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

Why would you be so surprised? I mean, we all know that the band has always struggled with names for songs, albums, dvds, etc. They even have said that they're horrible at naming things (we have a dvd called Frat Party at the Pancake Festival and songs like Qwerty, Figure.09, A.06, etc). Yeah, maybe the last couple of records (Minutes to Midnight and A Thousand Suns) have a "deep" meaning but they're still anything extraordinary. I wouldn't be surprised if "Living Things" is the album title. Perhaps it makes a lot of sense to them, or since it's really open to interpretation, they want us to think whatever we want about it or maybe just forget about it and focus on the music.

13. _Depression

I think that's a little overreaching - using an already-answered cipher to reinterpret the numbers and the re-decipher them?

Even so, the letters they return are gibberish as far as I can see.

14. weshahn

weshahn http://twitter.com/wes2_

15. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I suggested this earlier. We're discussing anagrams right now.

16. DJSchirms

DJSchirms Member

i mean we already got 2:39 mins with this theory, but there are 4 numbers still hidden and thats min. 3 x ~15 what means 2:39 + ~0:45 = 3:24 and thats a length a LP song normaly got...

17. Stino LPLeaks

Stino LPLeaks Well-Known Member

18. Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

E eu aposto com você que não, Wesley.

Guys, sorry for the portuguese, but that is so presumption.

19. _Depression

If these are in fact the letters remaining to be found, then these are the results I get: http://wordsmith.org/anagram/anagram.cgi?anagram=livingthings&t=1000&a=n

And "LIVING NIGHTS" would sound like the most LP-ish thing.

20. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

:lol:

*faceplam*

I think you'll find it isn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.