BURN IT DOWN Puzzle - Ongoing Progress (Full Puzzle Complete)

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slim Shinoda

Slim Shinoda Iron Man

I'm sure about it... and I think we'll have it on the next puzzle...

2. RoyHahn

RoyHahn Well-Known Member

This is surly mentioned here in this threat but why is there the adress to Amazon in the source code? ("https://s3.amazonaws.com/")
    I mean, there isnt even a link or something to it...

3. Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

With the proximity to the single release date, Ithink it would have more sense to release the snippet with the first puzzle and artwork with the second. At this point, there's almost no point to the clips.

4. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I'm pretty sure there is something that we were still supposed to do. Whether or not that is still available for us to do or not is uncertain. Interestingly enough, going to livingthings.linkinpark.com redirects you to the burnitdown page. And yet, nothing from the band. All I can say to that is what. the. fuck.

5. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Pretty screwed up if you want my opinion.

6. Bottero

Bottero Somewhere I Belong...

I don't know if it's already been posten, since i'm just here but have you noticed that the http://livingthings.linkinpark.com link auto redirects to the burn it down page.

7. Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

Yes. It has been posted, but thanks!

8. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

I don't know what time it is in the US but if nothing new from the band comes out in the next 8 hours or so I'm gonna be so disappointed.

9. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

You know what would be funny?

If Machine shop or the band were watching this page when we first thought we had something that looked like "living things" and then changed the later numbers so that it would be true, and make it look like we were on to something the whole time.

10. The Deathzone

The Deathzone Active Member

11. skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

I was messing with that too. Was thinking it could have been a link to a BID snippet on amazon to complete this marketing Easter egg hunt, but maybe a deal fell through or something.

NVM, probably somebody who Eyes and Ears/ Uprising used for their hosting. http://aws.amazon.com/

12. @LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

Because their host uses Amazon hosting. Amazon is one of the most stable and secure hosts on the net. Also, the Acquia site we saw originally on the livingthings.linkinpark.com is hosted through Amazon. Nothing to see.

See: http://aws.amazon.com/

13. RoyHahn

RoyHahn Well-Known Member

Thank you. :)

14. Slim Shinoda

Slim Shinoda Iron Man

We really have to follow our only one "clue":

Patience.

Just wait a next puzzle.

15. @LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

I agree. We found livingthings.linkinpark.com through the burnitdown.linkinpark.com puzzle. Everyone is up in arms because it now redirects back to the BID site. It's simple. They weren't ready for us to see it, now they need to build what goes on livingthings.linkinpark.com. So, they re-directed it so you don't see what they're building. The backend server is still there though, it'll be hosted here*: http://ec2-50-17-225-28.compute-1.amazonaws.com according to the flow chart LP2K12 released. Not that it's all that reliable.

*Disclaimer: That's me speculating.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  16. InkedUpAl

InkedUpAl Member

Okaaaaay, I've taken a back seat for the last day or so because to me, this got a little lame? I mean, its been kinda fun, but on the other hand, its been a total headf**k. I feel especially sorry for those that have literally deprived themselves of sleep for the last few days trying to get an answer out of all this, not only for themselves, but for the rest of the LP fan base, and gotten nothing out of it. Was there any point to the cipher thing? Living Things or whatever it turned out to be? As far as i can see there hasn't. Ive done NONE of the puzzle pieces at all due to not being able to be at a computer throughout the process, yet when i go to LP.com, "Puzzle Unlocked"? I feel bad as I've contributed nothing hardly to the puzzle, yet have ended up with the same result as the guys who have sat there day and night trying to solve it. I think there has been a monumental screw up somewhere along the line, and we should have had a clip a couple days ago, maybe yesterday idk, and that the screw up has resulted in a rather scrappy mess

17. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Next puzzle!? Another 4 days of waiting for no news, or any snippets? Sorry but I actually am very annoyed and disappointed.

18. Slim Shinoda

Slim Shinoda Iron Man

Am I the only one that have sure about @lp2k12 is fake?

Me too, I'm very disappointed too. Very. Much.

19. thor

thor Well-Known Member

we're only 5 days away. i could live without any snippets. in fact i rather not hear any snippets for it takes the excitement away when the full song comes out. we've waited this long for new music and its less than a week away so i think we'll be fine.

20. @LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

I'm not saying he/she/it isn't a fake. I'm saying that the image released was a graph of the website. Basically where it's leads through domains and IP addresses. In the end the Living Things subdomain forwarded to Acquia which was hosted on that server. He may be a fake, but the path was real. I doubt they'll ditch it just because it "leaked" a few days early.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.