BURN IT DOWN Puzzle - Ongoing Progress (Full Puzzle Complete)

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

As fast as they released them. :awesome:

2. RoyHahn

RoyHahn Well-Known Member

Srls now pls read my post:

It's over now. That's all we can say and I think everyone would say I am right.
    There where snippets for Burn It Down in that puzzle. BUT we didn't manage to find them. So not Linkin Park failed, but we did.
    They said, come here to hear snippets of that song - but i have to admit, that even if I am dissapointed a bit either, it is ok.

It was a challange and we failed. So who is to blame? Indeed. Not Linkin Park. Just for making the puzzle that hard.
    Seems like Linkin Park Fans have to be in a fight. Till this era it was the music that set them apart, but now it is a freaking puzzle.

So here my final statement - and maybe derek should read this here too:
    Let's forget about the puzzle. We all laughed. We all got angry. We all had fun.
    Now let us enjoy this album era and start talking about the music or the artwork. In my opinon this is the best fucking artwortk they have ever done for a single.

3. MaoChouChan

MaoChouChan Well-Known Member

The only thing we might have surprised them was finding out Living Things quite fast.
    Even though I don't think so XD
    Mike talked about having a schedule for everything concerning the campaign in one of the latest interviews.
    And apparently they strictly adhere to that.
    (Except for the server downtime)

4. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

Thinking that working on a puzzle deserves some reward is like asking people to pay you to play video games and breathe their air. You solve puzzles because they are fun, not because you think people will give you free crap. You don't make any enormous impact on the world doing puzzles. You aren't doing anything at all that deserves compensation. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Dedication is bragging rights only. It's worth $0

Good lord people are acting like little kids.

5. Voitage

Voitage Part-time villain

THIS.

6. DaveCNewton

DaveCNewton The Newtonator

I think the 5 4 numbers stuff was done far quicker than they expected, people were talking about the 'Living Things' possibility within the first few days of receiving the clue!

Patience...

7. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

I have all the right to complain about this because they told us we'd be getting pieces of the song. I used up my time thinking I'd get them by completing puzzles but it was worthless in the end. The puzzle is completed for everyone. If they wanted us to find the website then, by all means, explicitely say so. Mike said "Check LP.com soon to unlock pieces of the song." I don't see any song. Do you?

8. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

@murphyLP, we have moderators and admins to take care of anyone who double posts or breaks any rules, stop advising!

@NateH.89, you sir need to chill the hell out. Your recent post has warranted an infraction!

9. Elaine

The difference is when you're being told that you're gonna get something for doing it, so you would naturally expect it. I mean, seriously. Acting like snippets weren't the reason most people went after the puzzle.

10. lpfan89

lpfan89 You will pay for what you've done

I wonder what they're doing at the moment. If they're doing damage control for the pissed off fans, or what? I for one am not pissed off because I knew doing these puzzles was gonna drive me crazy, so I didn't put in more than 50% effort. :D

11. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

But it says RIGHT THERE: Come Back.

You're not done yet!

Also, it is an error to think that everyone who participates gets something. it might be that only the people instrumental in solving it get to see any prizes.

12. MaoChouChan

MaoChouChan Well-Known Member

I agree on all that stuff but tbh, why could you only solve one quadrant at once then?
    There is no point of making people stand up at night to solve puzzles before they lock up.
    THAT is what makes me doubt it's "Just the artwork". Just my guess.

Btw, I managed to save the shuffled puzzle #8 and photoshopped it back in order, so I have THE FULL COVER IN 2400 x 2400 pixels now.
    If anyone has interest in that, I can post it. ^_^

13. Elaine

Yeah, but that could mean literally anything at this point. "Come back after the single's released!" "Come back after a day!" Point is, we don't know what's going on, we only know that finishing the puzzle did kinda nothing.

14. Anne

Anne married to the ocean LPA VIP

You are amazing.

15. RatedRsuperstar0303

RatedRsuperstar0303 Well-Known Member

I agree with you and in no way am I saying your wrong. I just think we did our part now we have to wait and let them do what they promised to do. I think we are all a little frustrated by all this and snapping at one another and we should just be focusing on whats to come. :awesome:

16. murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

THIS!!!

Now we can expect only puzzles for LP...that´s what we came for...not songs...puzzles!!!

People are just so funny!!!

17. DaveCNewton

DaveCNewton The Newtonator

It's been stated the livingthings.linkinpark.com exists (but atm it re-directs you to main page)

Since It's only the active LP fans that are aware of this phrase, It's gonna be us that see whatever is on that page first!

Just my thoughts...

18. Anne

Anne married to the ocean LPA VIP

I'll say again what I already wrote in the shoutbox:
    Mike NEVER said (as far as I know) : Hey, if you solve these puzzles, you'll get snippets!
    He said: You will be able to
    1. solve puzzles
    2. unlock snippets
    In my opinion these two things were never related, people just made up they'd be. There are still some days left until the release of Burn it down. Just have some freaking patience and wait.

19. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

You and Kathy are incredible.

20. Elaine

He said "Solve puzzles, unlock snippets". In the same sentence. I think it's only natural for fans to assume this means that the two of the things are related. You're right that there IS still time, however, It's just frustrating for many of us that unlocking the puzzle did literally nothing, and we only have days before the single is out. You can't say that the reason people went after the puzzles wasn't for the snippets; that's just ridiculous.

Again.

Not saying you're wrong.

I'm saying that there are many different interpretations of what they said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.