Play The Game To Hear BURN IT DOWN Clips!

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToTheCitadel

ToTheCitadel Wisdom, Justice & Love

Holy hell. That "completed" version of the snippets sounds fucking awesome. Can't wait.

2. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Then if that's the case, I humbly retract my dickhead statement. Sorry, dude. And thank you guys for letting me know.

3. Vida

Vida Member

I meant "quoted for truth". Wouldn't make much sense if I replied with "quit fucking talking" then agreed with him.

Edit: haha no problem man it's all good.

4. cpufreak3

cpufreak3 New Member

Why do you find it "annoying"? That's what defined Linkin Park. There's a reason WHY Hybrid Theory is their top selling album.

No one wants full out rap. They want the rap/rock mix that MADE LP popular.

If you were with LP from the beginning, you would understand. NO ONE else makes music like HT, even to this day.

LP claims they've matured, but what they don't understand is that they defined the genre, and no one else comes remotely close.

Here's hoping that the new LP album goes back to their roots

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  5. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I really like the atmospheric vibe I get from those clips!

6. Gman2887

Gman2887 Well-Known Member

Yeah. Hybrid theory is their oldest album. That's why. You're also aware only one song on that album hit #1, correct?

I'm pretty sure a lot of people, including myself, have been with LP "from the beginning" and I have no desire to hear the rap/rock style from years ago that's become as dated as it sounds.

Oh they understand. That's why they've tried so hard to remove themselves from it. It kept them from exploring their medium as artists. I don't care if it made them popular or "defined" a genre or whatever. Fans asking them (or even telling them) to stay in that pocket of rap/rock, nu-metal...etc... Damns them to be stuck in only one area of their art. Are fans really that commanding and demeaning? I hope not.

That would be a step backwards. Here's hoping that's not what happens...

7. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Here, have a slow clap.

8. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

+9000.

9. Gman2887

Gman2887 Well-Known Member

I feel accomplished getting this from you. I'm going to buy myself a potato to celebrate.

10. PaulGardinerLP

PaulGardinerLP Well-Known Member

I completed the game then decided to have a second go. On the second go I heard a couple of different snippets to what I heard during the first attempt, then instead of the game ending (me completing it) it was just my large cluster of black/grey triangles stuck in the middle! But yeh, the clips sound great! Can't wait to hear it all in full!

11. Xerosnake90

Xerosnake90 Active Member

I've been with LP since Hybrid Theory. I fully understand that no one sounds like LP, and to this day that rings true. So old school sound or not, they're always doing their own thing that defined them in the first place. I have no desire to go back to HT roots either. While Meteora is close to HT, Meteora had much better lyrics (IMO) and had more defined sound to it. While those songs were great, LP also did great things with their ATS style.

12. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I've been with the band for close to 11 years. I started this fansite when I had just turned 15, and to me at the time Hybrid Theory was one of the most groundbreaking, incredible and perfect albums ever made. Linkin Park got me into nu-metal, and introduced me to Slipknot, KoRn, Disturbed, Mudvayne, Godsmack and Staind.

....11 years later I don't listen to half of those bands, think Meteora was the biggest cop-out album of the band's career, and favor their last album to Hybrid Theory and consider it their finest work. What happened? I grew up. I realized that HT/Meteora were a different part of the band's career, and accepted on my own terms that the band needed to evolve, and I even wanted them to evolve after Minutes To Midnight.

And I've been with the band since the beginning, and judging by the thousands I've spent on hosting on LPA, collecting merch, and on everything else...I'd say my fandom is pretty severe too. Not wanting a rehash of their old sound doesn't make you less of a fan.

13. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

You win the forums. What? You already have those? Uh... Uh... Okay, you win an-- an INVISIBLE INTERNETCOOKIE!

14. TrantaLocked

TrantaLocked Active Member

How low can you go, chocolate a game and yet you don't know

15. ToTheCitadel

ToTheCitadel Wisdom, Justice & Love

I was a fan of LP BEFORE THEY WERE EVEN BORN.

So there.

16. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm really feeling that long string posted a few pages back. I love that lead synth melody, it's so awesome. I do think it sounds a little...I don't know the word...muffled? Not as clean as it's supposed to be? Regardless, judging from that and the vocal melodies, I know without a doubt this is going to be a hell of a song.

Wonder how long it's going to be though. I'm hoping for 4+ minutes.

17. Xerosnake90

Xerosnake90 Active Member

Meteora was a cop out album? Now I see where LPA gets its title from as Meteora haters... Haha.

Meteora was an extension of Hybrid theory. While Hybrid Theory focused more on personal battles, Meteora extended that clash to dealing with someone else. Something I personally can relate to more than their subjects in HT, which ultimately is why I enjoy it better. Not to mention I feel it takes everything great they did and raises it one step higher. Heavier riffs, better lyrics, etc.

18. skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

Just listening to the two different people who put sound clouds together. Don't judge the song at all by those. Both sound good, but I have a feeling we'll do a 180 when it drops. From the themes I hear, me likely

19. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

We get that title because a few of us are disappointed the band didn't try to evolve more in their second album and instead tried to catch gold twice by reusing song structures, keys and even melodies from their first album. I really can't understand why some people can't see this. The album was a carbon copy of their first album in spots and critics even called them out for it when it was released.

20. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

What's more than critics calling it so is the band themselves referencing this MANY times. Chester, Phoenix, and Mike have disclosed this several times and have indicated that they did not wish to make a "Hybrid Theory Pt. 3". Their exact words, not ours. Now how would they make a part 3 if a part 2 didn't already exist on their standard?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.