New BURN IT DOWN Snippet Surfaces, Song Length Confirmed

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I'd say so, yeah. :*

2. Evil Chris

Evil Chris Member

In chat Mike pretty much confirmed the album title to be Living Things and said along with the pre-order, tour info would be up on Monday as well.

3. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Can anyone give a transcript of the chat?

4. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Mike RickRolled us!
    1. Great LPU chat. Showed them the album cover & release date, told them the album track listing, & played them all of BURN IT DOWN. Fun
    2. ...and if you believe that, you've probably also never seen this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

5. Evil Chris

Evil Chris Member

Mike was on cam for a bit till the chat room got full, he said that the Kerrang article was off about the new record and said they hadn't even heard the music. He told people that the SPIN article was really on point about the record. He said he was glad people were enjoying the game and the Raid. Here is most of what he said about the new record minus a few things he said about the Raid that would be out of context here.

mike: You know the album title already right?
    mike: And you haven't seen the cover.
    mike: And you don't know the release date(s)
    mike: That image you saw for Burn It Down is the single cover.
    mike: Tour announcements: Monday.
    mike: (Many) album release dates: Monday.
    mike: BURN IT DOWN: Monday!
    mike: Some places are even going to start going on presale (the album) on Monday.
    mike: Not everywhere though.
    mike: I have no more info!
    mike: Deluxe - I don't know yet
    mike: Loveline: we're going to be on twice
    mike: Don't forget to read that SPIN article. I think it's pretty on-point about the new record

6. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Nice. We just have to wait till Monday, all mysteries will be revealed then!

7. Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

thanx for the info.

8. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

This is all coming so fast - holy fuck.

9. Arjun

if LT is the real album title...then i dunno how phoenix agreed with a title like that. even "in triumph and tragedy" sounds better than that.

10. Rhazmuz

Rhazmuz Active Member

Thats deeply subjective, now isnt it?

We dont know the context behind the title, what the band has been through in the process of this record. Context can change alot. Also IMO living things is less cheesy that in triumph and tragedy, and thats not know anything about the deeper meanings etc.

People should be a little carefull projecting their own opinions onto the band or certain band members.

11. Arjun

maybe you're right.

12. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Really... I wish we haven't...

13. Vic

Vic No game no life

Maybe we don't like Living Things now, but I'm pretty sure we'll like it more when the band explain why they put that title up.

14. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I think Burn It Down has an 80's influence based on the rhythm and syths.. am i right? :)

15. ABaudelaire

ABaudelaire Active Member

I hope the new album is coming so fast (in May I hope :D)

16. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Confirmed for June I thought.

17. DJIntensity

DJIntensity Well-Known Member

I managed to get there 2 minutes before Mike left, and he shouted me out!

18. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

@hybridsoldier1989: Sorry if I write so late toward older things you said, but I just came in. I think the words about Believe Me were sort of unfair. I knew it also that those strings are from GarageBand, but yet it doesn't make Mike any less smarter musically nor does it tear down his talent. Yet you ruined his image already to -minimum- one fan (InStereo). To use a loop might seem "lazy" or something... but what if it just sounds good? What if that is simply what the artist after all needs? Myself I use synthesizer loops at times (such as provided in Heavyocity) and I don't feel less creative because of that. Guess what: I have a little percussion loop, you know, one of those really aggressive ones, and I put it in a sort of dramatic/epic trailer track, now that wouldn't be too creative, 'cause I match the genre the loop was created for with its musical soulmate. But what If I decide to use it on a orchestral-dream-kind-of-track or a jazz track, I think that would be quite curious and fun! It's not ALWAYS about WHAT you use, but also HOW.
    Besides, it's astonishing to hear how many sounds on TV series are actually put in the soundtrack without being elaborated, I counted several loops I directly recognized from those huge and expensive synthesizers. The last one was in the beginning of the fifth season of Supernatural. I extimate to some degree EVERYBODY arrives to use a loop here and then, but you just can't know them all. Also, notice in this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nc0cxuaFyc
    In the start it was looking to me more as a sponsorship/publicity from Mike than else. He is clearly suggesting to get Machine, which costs a fuckload of money and is produced by Native Instruments (which is in the thank you list of ATS even), beside from other monster synths, such as Heavyocity itself, Damage (probably used for Mike's soundtrack in parts...?), Razor & much more. Now who says LP are not actually even paid to use some loops or sounds from those things. Native Instruments is the biggest musical business I know and I am sure they would pay something to LP for doing some publicity (in their synth there is even one loop called Linkin Lead). And honestly do I mind if they use some of that stuff? Absolutely not, because is top notch sounds what comes out from there and if you mix it right, you can do amazing unique stuff.
    If you accuse LP of using loops or simple sounds, you should accuse also the rest, like 99% of the musical artists. But remember always at least who made you have fun in listening and who, even by the help of some synths, made crap albums.
    LP and Mike belongs to a better niveau even though. Your thoughts are unfair mostly to people who are new or not aware to the musical business.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  19. Outlaw

Outlaw And so it begins...

You know the album title already right?
    You know the album title already right?

NOO!!!....
    We don't CAUSE ITS NOT LIVING THINGS DAMMIT!!! :wallbash:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  20. Arjun

hahahaha just wait for monday.

Thread Status: