Mike Shinoda Confirms "LIVING THINGS" as Album Title + Talks Linkin Park Progress

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. merrillmind

merrillmind Well-Known Member

It's amazing to see anything negative about the title a title should first and foremost mean something to the band not to us. What makes anyone think they should bother to make a decsion on a title based on anything but what means something to the band that is the only thing that should matter to a fan. As a fan I'm more than sure that after listening to all of LIVING THINGS it will be clear to me why the band felt it represented this body of work. Another point I would like to make is I have yet to really see this talked about but the new album is the fastest LP album release of full material ever! It will be under a full 2 years since ATS and that is just too good to believe as a fan and for that I'm sooo grateful. I have been a fan since I was 11 rite from the start of their career and have enjoyed growing up with the band and always anticipating the next album the wait for MTM being the longest and toughest I recall so the fact we have a new album so soon is a real treat. I dont know wether it's their age or the simple truth of a different musical landscape since the band started but all that matters is tomorrow a NEW song and in June a NEW ALBUM. This band have always been un defined by genre for me in a genre all their own called LINKIN PARK so THANK YOU LINKIN PARK for giving us fans a NEW ALBUM in the fastest time ever it really means alot.

2. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

^ This. Maybe the uncertainty and the unconfirmation had me doubting the title, but it's all done now. BRING ON LP 2K12.

3. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Good for you, maybe it's grow on me when the album comes out.

4. Kmid24

Kmid24 Well-Known Member

5. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

For anyone else who still doesn't believe this is the title.

It. Is. Not. A. Troll.

6. SKaRR*oKi

SKaRR*oKi Everything.Falls.Apart

why dont i go by shitloads of humble pie ready for tomorrow when its confirmed. either that or prepare for all sorts of gloating if it turns out i was right.

i always assumed the name would tie in with the mayan calendar, and the fifth world, as its the fifth album and the last 2 titles have suggested near-apocalypse

7. Jason

Jason "My pep talk turned into a pep rally." LPA VIP

I really feel for LP. It must suck to be constantly judged by so many people. The album title has been confirmed for like an hour and people are already calling LT their weakest album to date. All this skepticism based on an album title is bullshit. How about we just appreciate the band and listen to what they put forth with an open mind. Jesus. Listening to top-40 radio really makes me appreciate everything LP brings to the table. Some people in this thread need to take a step back and be appreciative.

8. @LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

I love it, but I'm on of those people who's always been of the mindset that the industry puts to much focus on the packaging and title. Meaning, Linkin Park could release this album between two uneven pieces of cardboard with the name, Living Things, written in crayon and I'd still be happy. Whether people admit it or not, they judge albums by title and artwork and I think that causes people to miss out on some great music.

9. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Living Things is 100% the album title. End of.

I for one think it's a decent title.

10. Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

Their still very bad at picking album titles...

11. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I really don't have a strong opinion on this either way. Go figure.

12. Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

I personally don't like the title very much.
    But it's not like I'm going to be hating the songs on the album or saying things like:
    "That was a bunch of good songs but the album name left a weird after-taste."
    That just sounds stupid.

13. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

why the hate on Linkin Park on a Linkin Park fansite? like forreal, deal with their damn decisions, im sure the album will rock, idc about the album title

14. Jason

Jason "My pep talk turned into a pep rally." LPA VIP

I respect this stance. At least you aren't pre hating an album you haven't even heard.

15. Wolf6950

Wolf6950 Active Member

I just think its funny how people don't think its as deep of a meaning as the other titles. One, we really haven't heard yet where they came up with it. Two, the other Album names aren't necessarily all that deep either. I think maybe some just don't think its as cool sounding perhaps? :awesome:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  16. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

It. Is. Just. An. Album. Title.

Why do you buy an album guys and gals? Yes, to listen to the music that is on the album. Does the album title matter in that case? Hell no.

Is it a bad title? That's a matter of opinion, I for one like it. But tell me this, you don't know the titles of the songs and you haven't heard the songs themselves. You cannot judge the album title (or the album for that matter) just yet because it could make sense when you've heard the songs.

17. NateH.89

NateH.89 Veritas - Aequitas

Couldn't have said it better myself! Am I crazy about the title? No, but thats not the point. The album is all about the music. I don't care of they title it "Oompa-Loompa Farts", I'm still gonna buy it, and I'm sure I'll still love it.

18. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

Playing devil's advocate, I think people are disliking the album title, not the album.

19. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I don't think anyone is being skeptical about anything based on the album title. I/other people just don't like the title. No one has said the music is going to be bad because of what the album is called. that would be silly.

20. Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Amazing Blog post. I'm really ecstatic for this album. "Living Things"? Hell, its not bad. Way better than going a self-titled route IMO. Slightly more original and with a lot more meaning. I just hope the Album cover is fantastic.

Oh and then there's the track list.

AND the single. Everything's going down tomorrow! :rastamike:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.