Mike Shinoda Confirms "LIVING THINGS" as Album Title + Talks Linkin Park Progress

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Hoping that Skin To Bone will be a song-title, it'll be fucking killer for sure if it is.

2. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

That was a great blog post. The title "LIVING THINGS" is growing on me now and I'm super excited to find out what it means in the context of this new album. It's not my favourite album name, but I'm getting used to it.

I love that part too.

Or "My Toolbox", with a picture of Mike as a builder on the front. :lol:

3. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

In My Remains sounds like such a Dead By Sunrise song :p

4. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

one thing I really like is to me these song titles speak a message. Living Things. If you take that literal as things that live, they can burn down. People die from fires, animals and forests can burn down. and then if you think of In My remains. Whats left after the living thing is burnt down, the remains of it. I look at I'll be gone and think of living. This makes me think of how almost everyone dies a physical death eventually, and Living Things die. Lost in the Echo is like you are lost in the echo of the world and all the other living things around you. Castle of Glass, well that stumped me unless i go a route where a castle can fall and break, and living things can break down.

and yes i know I am completely wrong and looking way to much into this but I see relevance of Living Things with the song title names.

5. LPFreakification

LPFreakification Well-Known Member

i cant wait for the album cover and tracklist! ^_^ i bet the cover will portray some dark features :rolleyes:

6. Blake

i think it will be, a long time ago i speculated album title but I think it will be a song title, it also fits with the connections of the other titles. You get found lost in the echo and you get burned down, then your you skin turns to bone and all you have left are the remains, and you will eventually be gone. I think this all fits with Living Things.

7. Geki

Geki >.

Castle Of Glass sounds very deep and amazing, Lost In The Echo sounds like something I want to drive to, In My Remains sounds like something for a moody mood, and I'll Be Gone sounds fucking brutal.

8. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

Castle of Class sounds like a reflective song :D
    Lost In The Echo sounds like a brutal rap attack by Mike
    In My Remains sounds like a Chester Screamy one.

9. InStereo

InStereo Well-Known Member

maybe living things could mean that the album is going to sound organic

10. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Once we know the tracklist or at the latest after having heared the record, I'll probably enjoy the title more. Mike's blog certainly helped to let me enter into the process of accepting the title, yet I need more though ^^
    Castle of Glass, could be a "thing" such as a "situation" that you've been living. Glass is transparent, so it might mean a lack of intimacy aside from the fragility. Heck can't wait to hear this stuff :D

11. LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

sooo excited for tomorrow! :)
    its going to be such a super duper day!

12. LPSerbia

LPSerbia Active Member

Can't wait for the tomorrow... I will not sleep for sure... Can't wait for the song, can't wait for the album art, can't wait for the track listing... I have a feeling that this couple of hours will be the hardest! Just like in Meteora time...

13. UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

The title would be good as long as it comes with an interesting concept. The Fragile Mankind?

14. Spooky

Spooky Well-Known Member

Yeah this is the night before. its almost 16th here... and i'm just to hyped to sleep.... mannn..! Can't wait till tommorow.

15. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Get on it, Photoshop wizards.

16. ShinodaTwin

ShinodaTwin Linkinland is the new Disneyland

I actually like the name; Living Things. I can't wait! Also, the blog was a great read. :dino:

17. TheJenk

TheJenk Banned

Great read. Tomorrows gonna be great! I have no problem with the album title or song names so far. I'm excited for Castle Of Glass. :)

18. Blake

so lets take our guesses, how many song total on this cd will only have 3 words in the title, 4/5 already do, I'm going to say at least 7 prolly 8 tracks with 3 words in the name

19. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

the more i think about Living Things, the more i dislike it. It hasnt grown on me at all. I don't mind Living ________ (something else) but the "things" just throws me off. Lets hope the music makes me forget that

20. Blake

I think it is titled living things because things can represent many things (problems, actually living things (in the literal sense) and much more). I think the song titles have a connection with Living Things, and therefore they name it living things because things can be interpreted all the ways it needs to be

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.