"BURN IT DOWN" Released In Full On Linkin Park's Official Site | Available on iTunes

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iridescent

iridescent Well-Known Member

2 days before my prom night "LT" will be released... awesome ♥

btw: the song is awesome. True Story....

2. DaEnemyz

DaEnemyz Well-Known Member

Haven't logged on a in a while, but after following LPA on Twitter and seeing the link for the discussion I had to check it out. And I gotta I love the discussions, us as fans, are having.

PS...I love the song too!! Beautiful!

3. Scott D

Scott D Well-Known Member

I agree, the chorus repeating I don't mind too much, but it would be better if it hadn't been repeated so much.
    The ending rap I feel is too delayed after Chester starts his line. I feel they could have made it fit a little better.
    However I still fucking love this song!

4. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

My opinion:

Chester's voice sounds as good as ever.
    I really loved Mike's input during the outro-chorus, and his verse.
    I embrace the electro/dance-y direction of it. It's definitely refreshing.
    Loved the drum breakdown heading into the final chorus.
    It's gonna be a great live song. Brad's going to be very bored, though. Hahaha
    Very re-listenable. Good choice for a first single.

Two things though:
    I was waiting for it to really take off, but it kept a fairly consistent tempo. Something like how BITS takes off when the guitar kicks in.
    The "explosions" part is always going to sound weird to me. Just how Chester delivers it doesn't jive with the syllable structure of other lines.

5. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Anyone else think its very strange that all this is happening over 2 months before the album comes out? They left a pretty big gap in there. I wonder if there's gonna be another single, or if they're just that confident in Burn It Down.

6. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

That pre-chorus is goddamn catchy, and I really like the 8-bit sounds.

7. Danischo11

Danischo11 New Member

What a wonderful song. And Chester becoms a better singer with every track. And yeah - Mike's rapping again, cool stuff!!

8. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

It's a bit different, definitely. It was 6 weeks between The Catalyst and ATS, and this looks like it'll be ~10 weeks between BID and LT.

9. ReflectionistBaz

ReflectionistBaz Reflectionist of Griever

Loving the track, there's something very magical going on in this single and I imagine the video will* be mind blowing

10. Oliver

Oliver Spela Shoreline!

Awesome!

11. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

9PM FOR GMT?! I JUST WOKE UP AT 6:45am for this D:

12. HypnoToad

HypnoToad Glory to the HypnoToad! LPA VIP

I must say, it's refreshing to see people (here) who don't like the song simply because they aren't feeling it...not because "needz moar hybrid theory and meteora hurr durr"

13. RapidGunner

RapidGunner The Catalyst

I'm LOVING this! :D The ending brings back memories of classics like "Numb" and "Crawling".. ;)
    Something tells me this is gonna be a HUGE hit... And I'm waiting to watch thousands of people screaming out the lyrics at some arena!

14. BanditDee

BanditDee Member

I love it, so beautiful,

15. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

I just wanna say this too

I can really see how they are mixing old and new. The lyric style reminds me of a Meteora and Hybrid Theory style, more dark and not political. But then you have ATS' synths and Chesters clean(ish) voice, mixed with Mikes old school rapping technique!

16. Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

Agreed. There's a part at 2:50 that was getting me really pumped (the beat that starts behind Chester) but it ultimately went nowhere. :(

17. stringsibanez

stringsibanez ...

While I can't say that I love it, I would say that my initial reaction leaves me with more positive expectations for this album than The Catalyst did for A Thousand Suns. (I don't think that I liked The Catalyst at all until I heard it within the context of the entire album)...

To be fair though, my first listen-through of A Thousand Suns was: Me, alone in my car, parked on the side of a country-road just outside the city, surrounded by wide-open fields, in the pitch-black of night ... encompassed.. as what is probably the most violent and awe-inspiring lightning storm that I have ever witnessed took place - in what seemed like every direction, save for the exact spot in which I sat - and somehow brooded, rose, fell, and exploded.. in time, and in pulse with the music. (My specific feelings on the album / how it stands next to LP's other albums aside, I can't envision matching the impact of that experience.. even if I do end up liking this album more than A Thousand Suns.)

18. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Okay so I'll go ahead and give my personal Pros and Cons to the single:

PROS:
    1. I really love the electronic elements in the song, but it feels oddly organic in a way.
    2. Mike's rap verse really gets me pumped during the song.
    3. The chorus definitely adds power to the track.
    4. It has a huge replay value.
    5. The lyrics are somewhat relatable.
    6. This almost fills the void that Pendulum left when they went on hiatus (this is more of a joke by the way :lol:)

CONS:
    1. It seems like they are on that "What I've Done shit again" to quote Mike from MOATS back in 2010. It just feels really safe compared to their previous singles, kind of leaving me to wonder if there is a smidgen of label pressure from Warner Bros.
    2. This is really more for most of their songs in general, but yet again we are lacking a lot bass to the song, though that could just be the YouTube audio's problem.
    3. Even though the lyrics are somewhat relatable, and I know that lyrics aren't LP's strong point in their career, the lyrics themselves aren't necessarily their best work.

19. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

It just occurred to me that, because of my incredibly crappy speakers, I might not actually be hearing the song :(

20. DaMU

DaMU Well-Known Member

Not bad. Very "Enjoy the Silence." Very "New Divide." Not a fan of the return to Meteora lyric stylings, or the predictable song structure, but some of ATS's more successfully-evoked imagery has rubbed off on this one, as has the electronica-heavy instrumentation.

This is not ominous, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for something a little more revisionist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.