"BURN IT DOWN" Released In Full On Linkin Park's Official Site | Available on iTunes

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. finality

finality Well-Known Member

This is what I expect from LP. I'm not looking for progressive rock from them. I want catchy choruses, rock-rap-rock-rap and decent lyrics. If I were to compare LP to food, they would be the "rice" or "potatoes" of my meal. If I want meat (content), I'll have a listen to Thrice. Just sayin'.

They're doing what they're good at with this song. I can't fault them for that.

2. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

If you said this back in 2003-2005 I would've gladly agreed. But since MTM, they've been constantly proving themselves to be more than "catchy choruses, rock-rap-rock-rap and decent lyrics".

3. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

This!

4. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Is the song out on iTunes yet?

5. chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

Listened to the song now multiple times. Hmmm... it's definitely a catchy tune. Mike's rap-part always gets me pumped. However I hope they still have some exeptional/uncommon/ambitious songs on LT as they used to on ATS. I also wouldn't mind one or two heavy/heavier songs.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  6. lpfanhun

lpfanhun Banned

I like this song so much. It's awesome, just as the album cover and the release date.
    A bit BITS like "pop" song but it doesn't matter because it's cool.
    Haters gonna hate....:potato:

7. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

When I first heard the original 30 second snippet I said "Wow, this chorus is pretty heavy"

After listening to the song, Chester's soft, elegant verses make the chorus hit THAT much harder. Fantastic. I love the tension in this song over the 8bit-ish sounds.

This is what they meant when they said "Hybrid vibe"..anticipation will be building for 2 months now. Can't wait to hear the rest. Burn It Down sounds absolutely fantastic.

p.s i have no problem with people saying they dont like it...to each their own. saying it sounds like everything else on the radio today? There is NOTHING on the radio that sounds like this. It is definitely going to be a "pop"ular song, but it is not lady gaga. This is Linkin Park.

8. lprullzBG

lprullzBG Active Member

I must say that from the previews it sounded alot Linkin Park-ish to me, but after I heard the whole thing I can say its truly amazing. I don't think I've heard a song before in which the verses are more catchy than the chorus. A lot of guiltar in there too. Mike's rap was way too cool and it felt right where its supposed to be. I must say I'm more into hop-hop and Mike Shinoda is one of the best MCs out there the last decay, too bad he's not chasin a solo career in the game. Anyway, I wanted to say someting about the people who hate. Obviously you didn't read Mike's "review" of Linkin Park that he posted yesterday. Its a combined sound between EVERYTHING they've done so far. So I expected to have a lot and different sounds in every song and so far my expectations are fulfilled. The "big choruses" thing is on there too. Too pop-ish? Ofcourse its more of a radio song, its the first single ffs! And I just wanna point out(cause it kinda pissed me off) that saying Burn It Down is worse than any song and interlude on A Thousand Suns is kinda retarded. If you love Linkin Park you wouldn't really underrate any of their songs like that. Ofcourse you might not like it but as a die-hard fan you shouldn't make them feel like they've worked so hard just so you can say its not worth it. The right thing in this case for me is just to say "LP, thats not your best work" and move the f-k on! Thank you.

9. Private Donut

Private Donut Well-Known Member

It's a good song, I'll have to let it sink in a bit more before I decide to pass judgement. I'm thinking this is in the middle for me right now. It's not one of my favorites but I don't hate it either.

10. AndydLP

AndydLP Well-Known Member

So it looks like the intro is the same the one floating around a few weeks back. The one LPA Admin said was fake because Adam said so.
    Like I said then, surely, Adam would not lie. He would easily confirm something before LP themselves or management did!
    Well, I fucking told you so. It was posted on NME's website as the "intro" and it was legit.

I guess it shows what LPA Admin knows. The same admin who said LP are a "pop band".
    Clowns....clowns I tell ya!

11. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Unremarkable song. Did absolutely nothing for me. Hopefully not indicative of the rest of the album.

12. Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

agreed big time...

13. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Agreed on all counts.

14. MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

As much as Linkin Park likes to talk about growing as a band and finding themselves, after over a decade I don't think they have. This song, in my opinion, sounds better than some of the songs that were on MTM and ATS, but not single worthy.

15. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

So you don't think ATS was an evolution by them at all?

16. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'll be honest and say that the song is incredibly safe for the band, and as a result will likely chart highly. It doesn't really push new boundaries, and sounds heavily like New Divide remixed with a pounding dance beat and rap vocals at the end. It's not really an evolution for the band. That doesn't make it a bad song though.

On it's own it's a very catchy song, well composed and still better than their older works. I just think when you compare this to ATS (which the band doesn't want but it's inevitable) this track feels overwhelmingly safe. I hope the rest of the album steps out of the box a little more.

17. Ant

Ant Ambient

Yeah, you've pretty much summarized why I'm not a big fan of the song. I like it, it just feels like a step back to me.

My biggest problem is the lyrics. They just don't have that "umpf" that A Thousand Suns had. There's very little content and emotion to them.

18. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I think the lyrics are the best part of the song. The problem I think everyone has with this song is that instrumentally and structurally it's an average Linkin Park song. It's an absolutely great song, it's just to go from a song that's all over the place (The Catalyst) to a very tame song is jarring for some people.

I feel bad for Linkin Park, I feel in some way ATS will prove to be a curse for them cause now everyone is expecting them to go insane like they did on that record.

19. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

I kindly disagree with the lyrics portion. I like the lyrics on BID because they can be interpreted on so many levels - relationship, music (like the band's evolution over time), political, even global.

20. Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

I REALLY REALLY like this song.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.