"BURN IT DOWN" Released In Full On Linkin Park's Official Site | Available on iTunes

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Kam

The Kam New Member

You know, after being on the site for 4 years, it's about time i posted a comment and what a way to do it by saying, the sun is shining and I'm raving to this song in the back garden :D

2. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

Chester's second "We can't wait, to burn it to the ground" in the outro (after Mike's first line of the outro) is awesome, and very much reminds me of his "holding on to what i haven't, GOTTTTTTTT" in waiting for the end outro.

BADASS. :awesome:

3. Cely_lp

Cely_lp Well-Known Member

I loved the song, but the "call-response" thing wasn't good imo. If only was Chester's part in the end of the song will be better.

I'm still deciding if i liked the lyrics...

4. F1st3R

F1st3R Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed listening to BURN IT DOWN... it feels really fresh and awesome! Well played LP, can't wait to hear LIVING THINGS ;)

5. Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

after listening to the song quite a few times..i like the chorus, the pre chorus and mike's rap...over all the song feels catchy and energetic..

what i still dont like are the verse lyrics(IMO verse 1 intro is pretty stupid) and mike singing along with chester at the very end kinda spoils it for me...

6. AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

Wow! just wow! one of their best songs to date! damn it's so goooooood!

7. nav!

nav! Member

Has anyone been able to get this song on iTunes?

8. Ant

Ant Ambient

Being open-ended doesn't mean being more thoughtful or intelligent. I'd actually argue the opposite in the case of song lyrics.

9. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

The full version is awesome and so catchy. This will be getting a LOT of plays from me.

10. Nutt

Nutt Member

I seriously thought that the "potato" version of the song was better because I thought it was going to be faster and the vibe would be a bit different. This song is too simple for my tastes, not much changes in the harmony, no significant changes in the instrumental overall, seems like the structure is as simple as ever. Not a bad song though, I really like Chester's vocals but I wish the song itself was more progressive. I don't see myself listening to it often just because there's not much to discover in this song. :)

11. wilson_r

wilson_r Member

It does remind me of one or two songs in the charts I have to say. Don't get me wrong it's a good song and I'm into it, but it almost feels like what ATS could have been without the experimentation...it's just a bit basic. It's possible to still incorporate all their various influences into songs without needing a specific structure. I still can't decide if I like Mike's rap or not - the verse is good but it's the placing of it and then the whole intertwining with Chester at the end doesn't work for me. It may have worked if they changed the lyrics or weren't repeating the same lines i.e. if it was in the same ilk as the end of Papercut then maybe it would have worked better?

My only other gripe is that I think the chorus lyrics are lame the whole 'we can't wait to burn it to the ground' isn't working for me. However I still like the song and no doubt when it's buried in the album and I listen to it that way I will no doubt not mind it half as much in a similar vein to my dislike for Rooftops by Lostprophets but on the whole Liberation Transmission is an awesome album.

Final thing, great to see all the haters crawling out of the woodwork on numerous articles across the internet saying how they should have stuck to HT and Meteora LOL!

12. 2453

2453 Member

am I the only one thinking Chester's got a burning version of the world map all over his body in that lyric video? o_O

13. Cely_lp

Cely_lp Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing. :D

The more I listen to Burn It Down, more I like it.

14. insanefanboy

insanefanboy RIP Chester Bennington

WOW! I just heard the song in full, and WOW! I REALLY like it, and I'm glad Mike sung a little too.

Amazing song LP keep it up :)

15. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

After listening to it 4-5 times now, this is easily the most catchy Linkin Park song I've ever listened to. Even in the middle of a university exam I couldn't help but hum the melody and sing the song in my head. It's certainly basic instrumentally, and not the best song they've ever released but this is the PERFECT song to promote a new record.

16. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

It's a very catchy song, that's for sure. I really like the synthy sounds, reminds me a bit of Blackout. The beat is ok, for this track it shouldn't be that mindblowing, otherwise it would feel out of place I think. The last minute or so is quite awesome, the lyrics are nice.

So yeah, it's a good song. Not blown away but it certainly isn't a bad song. It made me (more) curious about the entire album so as a first single, it does its job well!

17. mainap

mainap Well-Known Member

I realize it too, its sounds top notch :D

18. kwill

kwill Well-Known Member

Awesome song. I hope that the rest of the songs on the album are not as radio-friendly and simple as this one, but seeing as how this is the lead single, it's OK. I enjoyed this song immensely; I just don't want any more like this on the album.

19. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

A good song and nothing else looks like the snippets/sounds from the game arent in the song i belive those sounds will be in the album in other songs

20. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

:facepalm:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.