Linkin Park Producer (Rick Rubin)

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by HybridBharath, Apr 16, 2012.

?

Will Linkin Park stick with Rick Rubin for longer?

1. Yes

50 vote(s)
    79.4%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    20.6%
    LPChris

LPChris LP Fan Since 8/2001

Rick Rubin is a pot-smoking hippie. He contributes nothing to Linkin Park other than philosophical bullshit that wouldn't make sense to 90% of us.

There's no coincidence that Linkin Park's style changed dramatically after enlisting his help for M2M :trollface:

InStereo

InStereo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I also thought about that when I listened to Fort Minor a few weeks ago. I wasn't serious, I hope that's obvious. It would be funny if they'd return to gilmore when they're like 50 years old though. I can imagine mike writing an epic announcement on his blog how they decided to go back to the roots in order to see if they're still able to write another hybrid theory.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I think that song was referring to their A&R guy, not Gilmore.

Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

Sounds like Korn.

ReflectionistBaz

ReflectionistBaz Reflectionist of Griever

I just spit my coffee out reading this post!

soun'wave

soun'wave can't shake the shock

I'd like to see them stay with Rubin, he's the most important record producer of the last 30 years imo and his input and influence is at the perfect amount (not the heavy handed gilmore approach, but not leaving it alone either) he guides rather than forces

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

They'll stay with Rick for as long as they think he has something to offer them creatively.

Scott D

Scott D Well-Known Member

All Don does now is make crap sound decent; look at Hollywood Undead, pure garbage and somehow they have fans.
    As for Rick, I have a good feeling that they'll stick with him for a while; the artists he worked with are very inspirational to Mike at least, I'm pretty sure the other band members like the groups Rick has worked with.
    It seems like they're friends now, especially Mike and Rick, since Mike has been the co-producer since Minutes to Midnight I think.

Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

you're right. he didnt do shit. all he could do was just give us M2M and ATS.what an A-hole:lol:

hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

Yeah... But MTM sucked.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

You spelled Meteora wrong.

hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

Wasn't mentioning Meteora.

I just think M2M is a dumb acronym.

Minutes To Midnight is void of any central theme or sound, more like a collection of B-Sides. That's what it will always be to me. And besides the general consensus, I don't think their lyrics improved at all until ATS. Valentine's Day = cliche imagery of cloudy weather and sadness at being alone, Given Up = garbage, NMS = vague, safe political garbage; pseudo-"edgy," What I've Done = garbage, LOATR = garbage (see a trend?)

The whole album is pretty much a laughable attempt to get away from their sound, so it became The Chester Show. And also (in my opinion) moved towards a safer sound actually, due to what was being played on the radio from around 2006-2008.

Tell me why MTM is that edgy, cutting edge, or even "good."

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

WHOOOOOSH.

When have LP lyrics ever been good? The only reason people liked them was because before, their lyrics were so fucking vague that nobody knew what the song was supposed to be about.

I find B-Sides to be more interesting than singles, which is what the first two albums were all about.

Valentine's Day strayed away from the typical LP structure. Given Up was admittedly bad. No More Sorrow is epic live. Incorrect use of the semi-colon, by the way. What I've Done was the accessible single. LOATR had some pretty kick-ass lyrics. Trend? Yes. Opinion. I mean, Meteora sucking is my opinion and I figure it's pretty clear since I have a fucking disclaimer in my signature and openly admit to just trolling the new people, but you're being pretty serious here.

Because rap/rock in the early 2000s WASN'T a safe sound on the radio? Oh yeah. Limp Bizkit, and POD were definitely not mainstream when Hybrid Theory and Meteora were around.

MTM was edgy not because of what OTHER people were doing, but because it strayed away from LP's sound. If LP were to do R&B, it would be edgy. Sure, other people are doing it and HAVE been doing it, but it doesn't mean that LP should be doing it. That band doing that genre would be weird as shit and new.

TL;DR You're trying to sound internet tough with your argument because of an off-hand obligatory joke. Come on now. You've been around since February 2010. You should know the status quo on "discussions about albums sucking and how Minus will respond" by now.

The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

*applause* This is what i call a solid structure of argumentation.
    Knew, you can do it if you want ;)

Gman2887

Gman2887 Well-Known Member

^
    @Minus

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

I use to have a problem with Rick Rubin since he was involved with MTM and I personally don't like that album. However, he was involved with ATS and I thought that was a great album. After two albums, I realized that Rick Rubin just allows Linkin Park to go in the direction they want to. There are no problems with him and he will probably stick with the band for a while. I hope people just accept that fact.

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

judging by the documentaries i have watched from linkin park, they seem to be very inspired by rick rubins musical ideas

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I didn't think the band would be working with Rubin for a third time with "Living Things", so, now, I'm just, like, "fuck it". I safely assume he'll be with them for at least another couple of albums. ;" I just hope he helps the band come up with fresh-sounding ideas. I mean, they worked with Gilmore on a mere two albums and those two albums wound up sounding so damn similar. I know Rubin's amazing and all but, in the back of my mind, I feel like, for the band, it's only been an incredible stroke of luck that has prevented the same thing from happening here

Geki

Geki >.

No...Meteora sucked.....

Anyways.......

I like Rick a lot as a producer, he helped LP NOT make HT3, and he is arguably one of the best producers of our time. I think LP will continue to make albums with him.

Promofrog

Promofrog Banned

Rick's the mother that LP needed their entire career, he brings arguments to a conclusion, he brings ends to beginnings and most importantly he helps them make music like ATS.

Which is pretty fucking awesome to my ears.