Thoughts of Living Things tracklist

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Fury99, Apr 17, 2012.

Fury99

Fury99 4EVER LP

If anybody saw the new tracklist, post your opinion about it. Anything pertaining to what the songs may sound like, or anything like that.

In my opinion, the track listing looks every good, although i'm curious to hear what the song "Tinfoil" sounds like. Same thing for "Castle Of Glass". "Lost In The Echo", "Until It Breaks", and "Roads Untraveled" seems to be potential favorites of mine, just by looking at the title. I know it's too early too tell, but at least its something to do until the album's release

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I'm going with what Mike tweeted about the Spin article. You can't really tell much from a song name...

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I have no thoughts about the tracklist other than I want to know what Victimized is about.

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

Castle of Glass, Lost in the Echo, and Roads Untraveled sound cool. The others, not so much. Especially Lies, Greed, and Misery lol. They wreak of their angsty past and leave a bad impression in my mind. Though I'm not so stupid as to judge the album before I hear it, these titles did their job of decreasing my expectations for this album, unfortunately.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Good track names: Lost in the Echo, Burn It Down, I'll Be Gone, Castle of Glass (2nd best title), Roads Untraveled, Skin to Bone (best track title IMO), Until it Breaks, Powerless
    Ok track names: In My Remains, Lies Greed Misery, Victimized, Tinfoil
    Bad track names: none

Overall the track names are good imo.

Songs predicted to be good: all of them!

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Maybe it's the yin to the yang of Wisdom, Justice and Love.

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

That I'd be okay with. But I just keep imagining something like the bridge of No More Sorrow and just cringe lol. Though it probably won't be like that, the apprehension is hard to ignore. Like I said before, I'm not saying this album will be bad or anything, I just can't shrug off the vibes I'm getting from these titles.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Honestly, at this point I having a tingling hunch this may top Minutes to Midnight and A Thousand Suns for me. I fucking LOVE A Thousand Suns, but the new sound and direction of this album sound great so far.

I don't know if anything they put out can top Hybrid Theory and Meteora though. That's what started my lifelong obsession. haha

Blake

Meteora is my favorite LP album and I have a feeling this might top Meteora, if not i think it will easily top ATS. And most likely top MTM/HT. This album is going to be insane. Never been this excited for a LP album!

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I feel you man. I'm definitely more excited for Living Things than I remember being with A Thousand Suns.

Idk though...Meteora has some magic on it though. Lying From You, Faint, Breaking The Habit. Some of my favorite songs ever right there. They'd have to put out one fucking killer album to top Meteora in my books.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Lies Greed Misery, Victimized and Powerless all sound like something a Linkin Park "hater" would have come up with to make fun of the band...

Blake

BTH is my favorite LP song ever, and Meteora is my third favorite cd of all time (soon to be fourth because of Neck of the Woods, and possibly fifth). I'm just hoping Living Things can top meteora, because that would be epic!

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Well Swoon was a pretty solid album, idk SSPU would have to be pretty amazing to top that. The Royal We and Panic Switch are awesome.

Anyways...that's getting a little off topic. lol

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Agreed. Between titles like this, the predictable verse-chorus structure of Burn it Down, Mike's indication that the songs are shorter and more concise, and the return to the "12 game" that Mike despised so much in the past, I'm beginning to worry that this album might just sound like a bunch of Meteora dance remixes.

Blake

yeah a little off topic but Swoon is my favorite album of all time and I feel Neck of the Woods will be just as good. which will push Meteora down to #4 album of all time for me. I'm hoping LT will be so good it goes down to #5

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

My thoughts exactly. A bit worrisome, but I guess we can't really know for sure until we hear the music.

OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

Yeah, I'm worried about this too. Hopefully it'll surpass expectations.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I think the music in the LT trailer is SKIN TO BONE... the flashes text of SKIN TO BONE in the first frame...

_cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

This. OMG.

The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

Living Things will maybe around 35 minutes long. good old Meteora days^^ Keep cool guys ;) You have no clue.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012