The Hundreds Article: IN THE MIX Brings Insight into LIVING THINGS' Post-Production

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

That's because it is.

You're welcome.

2. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I think ATS is their worst album but I'll still listen to what this guy has to say. I mean cmon

3. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

A Thousand Suns is hands down, the best Linkin Park album, both in terms of creativity and musicianship. (Imo)

4. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I don't see how him liking a certain album takes away any credibility in his opinion. Shit, even if he said that My World by Justin Bieber was his favorite album I would still take his word on how LIVING THINGS sounds, if he brought up a good enough reason as to why the JB album is his favorite.

5. crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

ATS may have been the band's most creative work, but it lacked punch. I'm not talking about heavy guitars, but for the most part it wasn't very exciting? I'm not sure if that's the word, but something was missing in order to give it that oomph. A good example is BITS. The song is pretty much even tempo throughout, and there isn't exactly a highlight in the song. BITS stands as a bland song IMO, but I still like it.

6. TrantaLocked

TrantaLocked Active Member

Musically and creativity wise, I think ATS is actually one of their best. Right now the line between HT, Meteora and ATS is blurring in terms of which is better than which. They are all really good to me, and all at the same level overall. If you like more alternative rock you'd like ATS the most, but for more traditional metal probably HT.

ATS isn't too exciting but is loads more exciting than MtM. They took the new movement and mixed an exciting album out of their new perspective with ATS.

7. Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

ATS will always be the bands greatest album. Period.

Lyrically EVERYONE can join in and sing on it and not sound like complete crap. I think they realized that when they perform 'Shadow of the Day', live everyone is singing that song in the exact same key and it was a nice change since not everyone can sing Chester notes. I bet you most of the audience will be singing in a different key on the chorus of Burn It Down. Like it's been said, ATS front to back is a story and you just don't want to skip songs, something rare on albums today.

But, sorry Derek, Dubstep and Linkin Park DON'T belong in the same paragraph let alone the same sentence. To me that's quite the turn off.

--RS

8. Private Donut

Private Donut Well-Known Member

I disagree with his statement that ATS was their best, perhaps creatively it was, but I do love all things LP so him having a different favorite album doesn't bother me. And I'm glad that they have a mixer that clearly loves being a part of this project and not someone who is doing it because they have too.

9. Stonecold

Stonecold Your Portal To Everything Cool!

it seems like all of you just got me all wrong, I'm not hating on ATS... I've been a Linkin Park fan all my life, this band had always been too good to be true, if ATS had been released by any other band it would have been a classic, but sorry...not LP, it doesn't live up to their standards, and i think the band itself are realizing that now..that's why Mike said that they forgot about the toolbox itself, they kept on experimenting on M2M and ATS so much that they forgot the real sound that made them from the first place, that's why i have high hopes for LT, because i think they finally figured it out...again!

10. Derek

Ignorant Schen for the lose.

You are exactly what I was facepalming in advance over. You read one person's objective review, that a BACK BEAT sounds partially dubstep and you start freaking. How about listening to the song before passing judgement dude? Just saying.

11. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

That's because you're a Meteora lover. Meteora lovers usually don't like good music.

12. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Why so much hate?

13. Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!??
    :ohno:

:potato:?

:trollface:

P.S. ATS was the best LP album.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  14. Cure4thItch

Cure4thItch BEST IN THE WORLD

That was a really uplifting article.

15. Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

Already have, listened to it a few times, played it for some coworkers and even they were kinda miffed that it didn't sound like LP. I'm already hearing dubstep the second Burn It Down starts, so for me not only am I worried how quickly the album was produced but the way it sounds. That's a big big factor to me.

Honestly the very best thing for LP to do is stop giving interviews to websites and magazines. It's nice and all but the second they release a bit of info and it get out opinions are made pretty quick. Generate interest, not opinions till after the album releases.

--RS

--RS

16. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

There's dubstep in Burn it Down?

17. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

HT is Linkin Park's best album in my opinion and always will be.

Agreed. I want to see more rock music with real drums and guitars from the band. A little dubstep like you see in BID isn't bad but if they start to use it in the vast majority of their songs, I might have to jump off a building also.

18. Promofrog

Promofrog Banned

"The first two tracks are like old friends to Linkin Park fans and critics, reunited after the band strayed and searched and experimented with the avant-garde."
    :clap:

"Chester Bennington’s otherworldly vocals screeching over punishing guitars."
    :bounce:

"Then they introduce me to Manny, the mixer. He just finished that new Bieber “Boyfriend” single and is currently toiling on John Mayer’s album."
    :facepalm:

Fuck you karma.

19. Derek

Exactly, it's news to me. People have no fucking clue what they're talking about in this thread and it amuses me.

Burn It Down is more progressive house (because of the pumping drum beat)/electro-rock than anything. There's no dubstep in that song AT ALL. Yes you can take the drums and lay a dubstep wobble bass over it, but you can do that with a lot of other songs too. Unless they're counting the semi sub-bass in the track as dubstep, which I hate to break it to them...but sub-bass exists in a lot of other genres too.

20. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever listened to melodic dubstep?

Edit: I just have a feeling the melodic dubstep in the hands of Linkin Park would be amazing. This an example of melodic dubstep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXVQNSlFJ6M

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.