The Hundreds Article: IN THE MIX Brings Insight into LIVING THINGS' Post-Production

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

not yet, but hopefully soon!

2. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Fair. I definitely could have used better wording with what you put in quotes. People can like what they want, I don't have a problem with that. It's just the way they defend themselves sometimes tends to get...yaknow. All is good.

3. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

I've seen MOATS quite a few times and from the articles about the new album it doesn't sound like their going back to nu metal, but taking elements from all their albums to create a unique sound.

If they made a HT 3.0 then yes they would be hypocrites, but even going off BID I would say no their not.

4. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Ding, ding ding.

A sound that won't even matter an album from now because the band will probably go in yet another different direction. :p

5. Promofrog

Promofrog Banned

You just called me childish then claimed you have never called somebody stupid, seek therapy.

How so? I have double posted accidently on two occasions, I have never insulted anyone's intelligence much like some experienced members on here, and if I have then it has only been to counter their claims that anyone who likes Meteora is an idiot.

6. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

No one is saying "GOING BACK 2 NU METAL" Mike said himself they wouldn't do "some WID shit" which means stuff that plays it fucking safe because it's easy to digest, such as this fucking song.

7. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Dude

I'm honestly shocked you weren't warned for using "mentally challenged" as an insult alone.

8. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

Me still thinks Warner Bros. had something to do with this safe song even though I like it. Money talks.

9. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Oh right I forgot, one song makes an entire album.

My apologies for think there would be 11 other tracks that could quite possibly be different.

Seriously what was I thinking?

10. Derek

I wish this song was so out of left field that everyone hated it. Seriously. I wish it was Polka.

The amount of angst this song has created is pathetic. People haven't even heard the whole album yet and are already passing judgment that Linkin Park are playing it safe, losing artistic integrity or deliberately not taking risks. I mean what the fuck? :lol:

This man wins.

11. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I call it like I see it, homie. If you can quote me where I blatantly said "[USERNAME] you are stupid.", I'll gladly take up your offer on going to therapy.

12. Derek

Amazing when I ask people to stop fighting and they do the complete opposite.

One more argument in here and the next person gets a warning from it. More than one person in this thread was wrong and said things they shouldn't, now MOVE ON. Back on topic people.

13. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Back to the main topic this review has me more excited for the CD than any past one yet.

Ultimately if the album can draw on updated versions of songs like Carousel, Forgotten, A Place For My Head, Part of Me and QWERTY in addition to Blackout, The Catalyst, Iridescent and The Messenger it would be an amazing album.

14. Blake

It seems like im one of the few people who think LT could easily be LP's best album

15. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

It very well could be, but right now ATS is their best work IMO.

16. Derek

Any future album they release could be their best album. Many people fail to realize that until the full thing is released, we have zero idea how this album will sound.

All I know is that critics who hated their nu-metal sound, and praised ATS are praising this album. If this album was a cop-out, would those critics who hated the sound some people fear the band is returning to like this album? Doubt it. A combo of their best parts isn't really a bad thing. So much spilled milk and tears are happening over this one track.

17. Blake

It's a top 10 LP song for me, ill jam all day to BID! Great song to me!

18. m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

I remember leaving this thread a few hours ago a happy man. Manny Marroquin was mixing the new LP record! Awesome!

Such was my excitement with this news, that even my Mum now knows who's mixing the new Linkin Park record, her exact response being: "Oh good. I was hoping it would be thus."

I also enjoyed the discussions we had on mixing, as it's not often I get to yap extensively to other people about mixing.

I return a few hours later to find a further five pages of yet more arguments over HT/Meteora vs ATS, and arguments over the stylistic direction of Burn It Down (which is apparently now a Dubstep song, or so I'm led to believe...) This is a shame. We had a good thread going guys. :(

In an attempt to steer the ship out of troubled waters and vaguely back on topic, I'm going to suggest that I would one day like to see a record mixed by Mike Shinoda. Mike has mixed Collision Course (Studio and Live) and the Rising Tied, and I believe he also contributed a mix of an ATS song to the 'Mix Shootout' the band had to decide on a mixer for ATS. I would love to hear him mix something else in future. But in the meantime, Manny Marroquin is THE man ;)

19. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Pages 10-12 of this thread make me feel like music as a true art form is dead. Or at the very least has been lost on many.

Anyway, how about that album mixing!

20. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I'll just say this...

A Thousand Suns is a beautiful...and I mean BEAUTIFUL piece of art. Listening to that album from beginning to end is one of the most peaceful experiences I can have at this point in my life. No exaggerating in any way.

That said, Meteora is my favorite album. Why? While I recognize the artistic integrity and thoughtfulness that went into A Thousand Suns, it's not an album I can be in the mood for 100% of the time. THE MUSIC IN A THOUSAND SUNS IS BETTER THAN METEORA, no contest. However, these "compact" songs that Linkin Park are known for, I tend to enjoy on a more regular basis. There's never a time when "Faint" comes on that I'm not stoked as hell to turn the radio up, crank the windows down, and jam out in the car. However, there are times when A Thousand Suns just isn't as applicable as Meteora.

I acknowledge the musicality of A Thousand Suns far, far outdoes Meteora. Anybody with any sense at all can see that.

However, I enjoy Meteora more, and on a much more regular basis. Thus, it is the album I prefer of the two, or, my "favorite album" if you will.

Now then, with Living Things, going back to this whole "firecracker" and "compact" sound, I can honestly say these are the types of things that get me excited about a Linkin Park album. No, I'm not one of those people that wants HT pt. 3, but I do want something that I can enjoy constantly, wherever I am, on a regular basis, no strings attached.

A Thousand Suns was near perfection, but it's not the only thing Linkin Park does well.

Just my two cents on the matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.