Guess what each track will be like. (Winner gets a potato)

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Promofrog, Apr 28, 2012.

Promofrog

Promofrog Banned

As the title says, you can also just say if you think it will be similar to another track in the bands discography.

1. "Lost in the Echo" – A Meteora version of Waiting For The End
    2. "In My Remains" – An electronic version of Given Up, on speed.
    3. "Burn It Down" – Really poppy and mainstream Lady Gaga type thing, will be quite bland.
    4. "Lies Greed Misery" – A progressive, Journada Del Muerto type thing, might include a speech.
    5. "I'll Be Gone" (feat. Owen Pallett) The new Breaking The Habit.
    6. "Castle of Glass” Iridescent meets In Pieces.
    7. "Victimized" Wretches and Kings on acid.
    8. "Roads Untraveled" Whatever the hell this is, it will be interesting and experimental.
    9. "Skin to Bone” Another heavy track, echoing back to the earlier days.
    10. "Until It Breaks" The new In Pieces.
    11. "Tinfoil" A Depeche Mode version of In Between.
    12. "Powerless" An outro track, could be similar to Wake.

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

Tracks 1-12 will definitely not be NU-METALZ, I wins Gimme ma:potato:.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

1. "Lost in the Echo" – A Meteora nu metal type track with the addition of tribal drums and some hardcore raps from Mike that will reminded you of his fast raps like Papercut
    2. "In My Remains" – A semi nu metal type track mixed with electronics to create the remains of old LP. Will have rapping.
    3. "Burn It Down" – One of LP's best, has short but epic Rapping from Mike in the style of Jay-Z type rapping and has a great electronic beat with guitars and drums that make it epic. Chester's voice is extremely powerful and amazing and even though the chorus lyrics aren't the best its on of the catchiest songs LP has done in recent years and I love it.
    4. "Lies Greed Misery" – the GU/NMS of this record.
    5. "I'll Be Gone" (feat. Owen Pallett)- something new we have never heard before, it will have a progressive sound and also have strings. Has a possibility to have some epic raps.
    6. "Castle of Glass”- will be this epic slow type song that builds up constantly into something epic. On this track the instrumental progression is what will stick out and Chester's voice will be amazing. I expect this song to have No rapping.
    7. "Victimized"- a heavy track that will have boss Chester screams. Has a possibility to have rapping, i think this song will.
    8. "Roads Untraveled"- an experimental song. Nothing we have ever heard before the band. Along with Castle of Glass i expect this to be the most unique song on the album. It will have an experimental beat with heavy electronics.
    9. "Skin to Bone”- I always thought this would some sort of heavy track but I think too many of the names have a heavy title but might not be heavy. Skin to Bone sounds like it could be heavy but what sticks out most is Skin to Bone sounds like a line from an epic rap verse. I expect Mike to have some epic rapping on this song and the cd.
    10. "Until It Breaks"- will be an experimental song with Chester singing in a softer voice than most songs. Will have the soft MTM song type feel with the experimentation of ATS
    11. "Tinfoil"- instrumental most likely. Probably Hahn and Rob
    12. "Powerless"- an epic long (or medium length). at least 4 minute track with experimental chord progressions and meaningful vocals with a powerful vibe. Will be another one of the different tracks along with Roads Untraveled and Castle of Glass.

I think at least 6 of the songs will have rapping: Lost in the Echo, In My Remains, Burn it Down, I'll be Gone, Victimized, Skin to Bone

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
    The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

01. LOST IN THE ECHO

Will Sound like the first part (first 3 minutes of that song) of WTCFM but with keys and screams.

02. IN MY REMAINS

I think this could be one of the slower songs. I think of it as a more powerful LOATR with an epic build up. I don't except rapping in this track.

03. BURN IT DOWN

well I think this will be somekind of Grindcore/Mathcore song.

04. LIES GREED MISERY

Maybe it's an interlude with a political speech.

05. I'LL BE GONE

I imagine this as a song with a depressive mood as sequel to WTCFM. (Similar to Holiday > Boulevard of Broken Dreams from Greenday).

06. CASTLE OF GLASS

Hopefully this song will be one of the most original ones. Maybe Mike is singing in it.

07. VICTIMIZED

I can imagine this beeing a heavy industrial track with dup-step parts as well as some W&K guitars.

08. ROADS UNTRAVELED

Starts as an acoustic song, like The Messenger, and evolves to some No Roads Left thing.

09. SKIN TO BONE

I imagine this song (at lest for LP standard) to be releatively punkish.

10. UNTIL IT BREAKS

I can imagine Mike has quite a lot work to do on this track.

11. TINFOIL

Instrumental: starts with acosutic guitar - changes to electric guitar and will close with a wall of synths. Drums in this song go the other way around.
    They start with a drum computer kind of sound and will have their climax in something similar Rob did on The Catalyst.

12. POWERLESS

Mike and Chester both will be singing this track together.

=
    Waiting for the total opposite beeing the reality. :p

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
    Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Goddamnit, nothing was said of them returning to NuMetal, just recapturing their energy.

:facepalm:

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

"The first two tracks are like old friends to Linkin Park fans and critics." That doesn't necessarily mean they'll be nu-metal. The wording just isn't very specific. Besides, Mike has made sure to clear up the whole "nu-metal" issue already.

Blake

From an interview: "On MTM and ATS, anything that sounded like it could have been on Hybrid Theory or Meteora, we were like no we've done that, let's stay away from that. On this album, it might be kind of fun to dive back into that a little bit and bring it back to a way that isn't grotesque to us."

Sure they won't be exactly like old LP but the first two songs will resemble it, i think

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

And also that the band has made it clear that they're avoiding heaviness for this album. Sure, the tempo may have come back, and the radio friendliness has returned, but heavy or nu-metalish is not here.

If only the darned news people would understand that and stop reporting the new album as nu metal.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

But I want my :potato: now

deadbysunrise

deadbysunrise Well-Known Member

I love you. :lol:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
    Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Blackout had brutal screams. It is not a heavy song in my opinion. Nor did it resemble old LP.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Eh, screaming doesn't make a song heavy. If that were the case, brokenCYDE would be considered heavy, which they really aren't at all.

Blake

ok yes I am wrong, I will admit I am wrong but in LP terms its more often than not heavy but who knows. Ill just wait and find out

HybridBharath

HybridBharath Well-Known Member

Not sure why but this thread makes me more excited for the album even though i know that most of us here are wrong :)

KaitoKid

KaitoKid Lyricist

Living Things will be sounded like Living Things.

i got this [​IMG]

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Epic win.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Not really.....

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Okay, just "win" then. :lol:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I agree with this. You deserve the potato on offer. :)

Promofrog

Promofrog Banned

Get it back on topic, start using your imaginations and come up with some theories, then we can look back at them after the album comes out and see how close we got. :)