LIVING THINGS Album Length to be 36 Minutes According to Warner Music Japan

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

This. I'm all for the short length.

2. Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

That's what she said... although I'm not quite sure why.

3. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Also, it is not possible for this to be as much as 36:55 or something? I did the averages for the albums by the way, and it comes out to approximately 40 minutes. It's not that far below average.

4. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Easier to Run and In Between are awesome to me, although i do agree on Robot Boy

5. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Nah, you aren't the only one. ;)

I find 36 minutes is incredibly reasonable for the amount of time they spent writing/recording the record. And then think of all the shit we got over the last two years from the guys.

2 LPU CDs
    The Raid: Redemption Score
    iTunes Festival 2011 EP with their cover of Rolling In The Deep
    and Issho Ni

And on top of that we have the LPU 12 album coming up only months after the release of LIVING THINGS, the 8 upcoming remixes, and I'm sure we will get some kind of live album (this is more speculation on my part of course :lol:) from the upcoming Linkubus tour later this year. So no matter what, we are still getting a shitload of Linkin Park just before the year ends.

6. Ant

Ant Ambient

But if it were a very enjoyable 45-50 minutes you'd have less than nothing to complain about. ;)

7. op4blushift

op4blushift Well-Known Member

Same here. Its not the length of the whole album I'm exactly concerned about, its the length of the songs..

8. Dismantle

Dismantle First person to create a 'Robot Boy' Remix

Cry me a river, get over it already, this post has complained about everything already. Any moaning about the length is pointless. Length means nothing.
    Now please stop complaining about the length, that's why I stopped reading the comments yesterday.
    If your parents, friends, or any other person you know heard/saw you complaining about the length of an album,
    They'll think your pretty wierd. It may be just me, but I think it's bloody pathetic. The least thing to worry about.

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  9. ZoeLinkingal

ZoeLinkingal The Unforgiving

This is a forum and it's for people to give their opinions about Linkin Park material. If they don't like the length then they don't like the length, what has it got to do with you? Who are you to ask them to stop discussing or complaining? If not, what is the forum for? Be glad no one said I HATE THE FUCKING ALBUM BECAUSE OF THE LENGTH because THAT is then bloody pathetic.

If you don't like the comments here, than continue to stop reading this thread.

"If you don't speak, nobody would call you a mute." - Chinese proverb.

10. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

People crying about the length is stupid anyway. Hybrid theory was only 2 minutes longer than living things. Did that make Hybrid Theory crap? No.

11. ZoeLinkingal

You gotta see it from a different point of view, too, though.

It is understandable. When Hybrid Theory came out, there was no other Linkin Park album to compare with. Now that the fans have experience the tremendous atmospheric sound of ATS, naturally, they would want experimental and progressive lengthy songs, too :).

12. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

Yeah and ATS was full of filler too giving it the extra length. Plus all the songs were really dragged out. Hence the band saying they wanted a more fast punchy album. Its going to be shorter than ATS by far

13. Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Like I said earlier, this was one of the first things we knew about Living Things: it's going to be shorter and high energy. I don't understand the uproar coming up now. I get that people are upset and were wishing for a longer album, but this announcement was made weeks ago by Mike himself. Is it because now we have a number of minutes to attach to our minds?

14. ZoeLinkingal

It's different to others :) They love the instrumentals and songs like Robot Boy

15. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Short? *sighs* Fine but they owe us a double album for the one!

16. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Haven't you all heard? It's not how long it is, it's how you use it.

LP obviously had that in mind when they made this album. :trollface:

17. Kat Clifford

Kat Clifford Member

Hmmmm i think this is a tad pointless, but personally i'm not concerned i mean if you take out all the stuff like Wisdom Justice and Love, empty spaces, and all those little shorts out of ATS the actual album isn't that long, and actually that would be my ONLY complaint about ATS was that it just felt way to short with all though's little minute or so snippets in it. so i'm not complaining at all. :D

18. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I'm ok with that. But 36 minutes is still shorter than many EPs.

19. Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

36 minutes is freaking short but i think about it like this... good things come in small packages, so it better be full of energy :awesome:

20. Stonecold

Stonecold Your Portal To Everything Cool!

Hybrid Theory was one of the shortest albums i have ever heard but still one of the best, to me it's actually better to have an "in your face" short kinda album that you keep playing over and over again, it's not quantity guys it's quality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.