LIVING THINGS Scavenger Hunt: Progress & Discussion

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jadesloth

jadesloth it could be worse

I got a retweet from Dave based on my response to his reading stuff backwards tweet. I was stupidly entertained for a while, I'll admit. :p

2. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Judging by the fact that Allan's last tweet said "the rest of you will hear from me tomorrow" means that there is something else coming. Whether or not it will lead to the next location remains to be seen.

3. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

I'm going to need coffee and an hour's full sleep.

4. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

The tweet said "soon" not tomorrow :/ ! But since the hunt was "scheduled" between these two days there could be something tonight as well. The problem I have with it is that the text specifically said May 10th OR 11th, and the text is already scratched so, who knows when will we get the next clue..

5. lparker55

lparker55 Well-Known Member

I agree!!! Just food for thought here in the meantime, any ideas on what the reward will be, I know we've concluded possible album snippets, or possibly a new song, but something is telling me that we may be getting more or something totally different... With this involving such a "world effort" here, it has me thinking HUGE reward, what do you guys think?

6. Gloomy Mushroom

That was you?! :lol:

7. Andreina

I don't think the reward will be music, simply because that's something we will get eventually, I think it could be something different, especially with the fact that they're making fans from all over the world work together, I don't think they'd put us to do all this for snippets or songs that we'll get guaranteed on June 26th.

Who knows.

8. initalics

initalics Mad Kitty

I just spent the last hour trying to see if the clue was an anagram. The best I came up with was "ham buyer tree toe" and "rare meet obey hut" from youbetterhearme. I think I'm going a little bit mad. I need to sleep.

9. Gloomy Mushroom

You're not the only one. It's 12:52 am here and sanity levels are starting to decrease.

10. lparker55

I see your point, this has my mind in a frenzy for what's in store for the entire LP fanbase, it's such a cool promotion, maybe it'll be like a bundled package, ALL track snippets, a new song (Lies, Greed, Misery), new tour dates, more album art, possible CD/DVD packaging, I dunno, we'll find out soon enough... I hope

11. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

I'm definitely thinking that #youbetterhearme is song lyrics just as /youdidittoyourself.

Whether or not you better hear me are lyrics from LIES GREED MISERY remains to be seen (my bet is that they are...)

Assuming that they are, this whole puzzle thing is clearly related to the song. I can't see how you could draw any different conclusion.

Also....

5/25 is right around the corner. They have only been to two major cities. I can't imagine they'd do just Sydney and Tokyo and call it a day (They are a US band afterall...how can they possibly not do one of these hunts in NYC/LA/Miami/ETC..) ?

The timeline will probably be something like

May 12/13 - City # 3

May 15/16 - City # 4

May 18/19 - City # 5

May 21/22 - City # 6

May 24/25 - Final City - Reveal LIES GREED MISERY - Top 1,000 share2earn participants get a free download while the rest of us get a stream off of linkinpark.com or something

12. T-Issa

T-Issa Well-Known Member

by the end of this puzzles all LPAers will be zombies:squint:

13. Gloomy Mushroom

I hate the fact that City #6 falls on my stepsister's birthday. Grr. -.-

14. Andreina

That one I bolded I liked :lol: .. Sorry for bringing up the subject again ha. (not on you lparker55)

I just hope it could be something all of us can benefit with.

15. lparker55

I like the thinking timeline here, it would make sense, we all did A LOT of work for BID, and we got single art, the announcement of the new single date, snippets... and I think maybe more, I forget

But it wouldn't be surprising either if all of this revolved around lyrics of a new song, I'm thinking that "You Did It To Yourself" and "You Better Hear Me" are indeed related, and each puzzle piece will unlock more lyrics to the song, which ever one it is. Who knows how many cities or puzzles will have to do in the meantime, but I got to admit that this is the MOST excited I've been for a LP album, and I've been a fan since the beginning, it just feels EPIC in every proportion.

16. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

If you quote yourself quoting yourself, what happens? o_O :leo:

Anyway, just had another thought.

If my timeline is correct (highly likely its not...LP never does what we expect lol)

BUT if it is!

7 Cities - 7 continents?

Maybe? Maybe?

Probably not >.<

ps. good luck to whoevers going to Antarctica :chuck:

17. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

That does make me wonder though, why kill the incentive for Share To Earn by releasing the song anyway?

This whole scavenger hunt had to be planned out in advance, which means they knew they were going to do this before S2E was announced. If they're going to just release the song that was supposed to be incentive for that program, why would they even use it as incentive in the first place?

If anything, the prize for this could be a different song than the one from S2E. That's the only thing that makes sense to me, assuming the scavenger hunt prize is a song.

18. catlipam

catlipam the hardest part of ending is starting again

But if this is not a song that we can hear from the internet, how will they give us the prize I mean we are so many people here and I hope they give us all a prize for hunting not just to the fans who found the clues

Although I don't want it to be just a song

19. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Exactly. We have NO idea whether it's related to S2E or what the prize at the end of this hunt is! I think it will be bigger than a new song. :shrug:

Yeah, good luck Derek. :shifty:

20. GVJLIMA

GVJLIMA Ammo Racking You !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.