Am I the only one who thinks MTM era was the best?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Blake, May 10, 2012.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Also, this is Emo music:

[youtube]uhG-vLZrb-g[/youtube]

[youtube]4ldjbjwim4k&ob=av2e[/youtube]

[youtube]2WoJV4NLxqg[/youtube]

[youtube]KtypSRcwIhA[/youtube]

[youtube]1Yzu-4kJg6g[/youtube]

[youtube]-zLkB2U_hwI[/youtube]

[youtube]X60KwLs5Qpc[/youtube]

[youtube]l9WKZpC9UbU&ob=av2e[/youtube]

[youtube]AZka3E37k6w[/youtube]

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Minutes to Midnight wasn't the best Linkin Park album, but looking at a few of the songs individually, the sound that the band made during that era was by far my favourite. Even after the masterpiece that was A Thousand Suns, nothing comes close to the feeling I get when I listen to In Pieces or The Little Things. Nothing gets me rocking out harder or puts a bigger "this is awesome music" smile on my face than Given Up, No More Sorrow, or Bleed It Out. And the B-sides like Across the Line and No Roads Left are just as amazing.

In fact, by rearranging the track list on Minutes To Midnight slightly, and throwing in a few of the B-sides, it makes a far more cohesive package and brings it up to A Thousand Suns level in my eyes (and ears). And possibly overcomes A Thousand Suns.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

may i ask why you think ATS era was the best when MTM is your favorite album?

Blake

Emo stands for emotional so I agree with everyone you put there except All American Rejects

honestly, why do people here hate the word Lie so much.

So the band uses it alot, who cares?

BUBBA7012

BUBBA7012 Active Member

I completely agree with you

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Great song. I don't see your point, though.
    Do you really think I only listen to Linkin Park?

While I mostly enjoy modern rock, I happen to listen bands like Eluveitie and Lordi, and also Bullet for My Valentine and System of A Down. My older brother, who has been a major influence on me, loves melodic death metal, bands like Death, Amorphis and Arch Enemy.

Why would you think I don't know what metal is?

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

Because you seem to think Linkin Park was metal? :lol:

Geki

Geki >.

Dude, this is like the best thread I have ever read. I absolutely fucking LOVE the MTM era. I even took a vacation to LA (I live all the way over in Massachusetts) just so I could go to the ''Houdini House'' that LP recorded the album in. That was one of the most special times in my entire life. I love every single song, demo and seed from the MTM era. I think they are by far the best songs LP has ever created, and I loved the band's approach during this era. I love how the music is raw and stripped down, unlike any other LP album. I love how they recorded the songs in the same house that Houdini once lived in, I love how they recorded in the same house that RCP made Blood Sugar Sex Magik in, as well as tons of other great albums. I have all MTM posters on my wall, I wear MTM era clothing, I love the way the band dressed during this era. I love the fact that Chester used to be drunk and high all the time during the making of this album, even. I love everything about it and it will always be my favorite Linkin Park album and era.

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

People who like good lyrics care. Lies is childish, simplistic and lame. And they've been using it for 5 fucking albums non-stop. It's like them getting to their last resources and just saying "Fuck it, let's slap a lies on it, I don't want to work more on the lyrics".

Blake

so is dishonesties or falsehoods or deceits better words because those would just sound weird. and if your talking about the subject matter in general. People say Given Up is cliche but I disagree. Given Up shows emotional anger and speaks on a subject that is relate-able to lots of people

I knew you would agree with me :)

Last edited: May 12, 2012
    Geki

Geki >.

We have got a lot of MTM demos/b-sides over the years, but I still want a lot more. They recorded 150 songs for MTM, and I am willing to bet there are at least 50 songs like What We Don't Know, Across The Line, No Roads Left and Blackbirds sitting on an old hard drive somewhere. I wish the band would give us all their unused song ideas and demos for all albums, especially older albums. I bet they won't use demos from 2006 again, so why not give to the fanclub? I want demos of 21 Stitches, Accident, Ebow, the Chester version of In Between and No Roads Left, the original SOTD, etc.

Blake

I agree with you there, they have given us a lot but we also need more. I hope maybe another MTM demo on the next LPU cd. I hope for a HT demo, a MTM, a ATS demo, and a LT demo all on the next LPU cd. And i agree I really want those other MTM demos and hope we get some more

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I would do unfathomable things for more MtM B-sides/demos. One especially would be The Little Things with Mike on lead vocals that we heard a few brief seconds of. I would also love ANY and ALL demos for In Pieces. Didn't the band say the song used to have a regular bridge instead of a guitar solo? While the solo is the perfect bridge that links the softer side to the more intense side, I'd love to hear another interpretation of it with possibly unheard lyrics.

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

We already have that one...

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I acknowledge that MTM was a hugely important album for LP, but it's by far my least favorite. There are a few gems (What I've Done, Bleed It Out, Little Things), but overall I felt a severe case of boredom on the album.

Geki

Geki >.

We have a version of Drum Song, but not the version he was referring to. I'm almost positive the version he is referring to is the version heard on the LPU Referral Contest episode. You can hear Mike sing the chorus. I would LOVE to have that version too, I wish that was the version included on the LPU9 CD, I also wish the version of Fear from the making of MTM with Mike singing actual words that aren't mumbles, was included.

But yeah, we have so much stuff from the MTM sessions that I'm sure a lot of people would love to have. I really want to hear an early version of 21 Stitches because I can imagine what it used to be like before they added the 18 second scream. Also, the version of SOTD with all the different intro variations, that would be awesome. Especially the electric banjo intro. I'd also LOVE to hear a demo of Accident. The party in the background was different, plus the song went under like 100 different re-writes, it was probably really interesting at one point.

Anyways, on the next LPU CD, I hope we get 12 demos since it's LPU12. I want a mix of demos from all albums except for Living Things. 4 for each. That'd be kick ass. I'd especially want the ''Thoughts that take away my pride'' demo from Meteora, you can even hear it in one of the 2007 LPTV's, so you know it's finished. I'd also want some Meteora demos that AREN'T instrumental for once, the MTM demos I have mentioned above, as well as some good ATS demos that aren't just didn't lyrics like Robot Boy. I'm content with Hybrid Theory demos, we have a lot from that timeframe for now.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

I actually loathed the MTM era. It's my least favorite album, least enjoyable songs performed live. This is all me, not fact, obviously. Even the LPU 7 and 8 CDs made me want to punch a baby.

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

Ah, my mistake. Although I do feel we have a lot of MTM and HT demos. I'd rather get some for ATS and Meteora (even though I don't particularly like the album).

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Since we're talking about MTM demos, I've always being very curious about the MTM songs that made Chester said "MTM will be our heaviest record yet!". He also said more recently "During the MTM era, there was a time where we were writing only monster songs,with big chords and all, that were really heavy. I even said during that time that MTM would be our heaviest record ahah"

I would love to get some of those heavy songs one day, since it seems they're the band's most brutal material.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

By that statement it would imply that everything Linkin Park did until MTM was emotionless. All music is emotional. Emo music, however, is a genre of music that does not include Linkin Park.