LIVING THINGS Scavenger Hunt: Progress & Discussion

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Yeah, way to kill the hype.

2. street soldier

street soldier Active Member

...tell me where are we right now?

NOWHERE.

3. _Depression

_Depression Well-Known Member

And what do you expect Mike to do if we unfollow Allan? Come crawling to us with the next clue and a letter of apology? That's not how these things work

4. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Yes, and further nowhere we shall go if we unfollow the person who is supposed to give us our next clue. As Ree pointed out, Allan probably has a life outside of Twitter/Internet, and would most likely prefer to go out and do other things besides give out clues to the scavenger hunt.

5. Bogy

Bogy Member

There were just two clues before. I don't think it could establish any consistency :rolleyes:

6. Figure.2012

Figure.2012 I'MA ROBOT BOY!

The thing that concerns me about this puzzle is the fact that we can't even do anything...like AT ALL!

We are just helplessly waiting for Allan to update his twitter with what will hopefully be clues to the next part of the hunt, and not some random bullcrap that he's been posting lately. Really wish this process would speed up, I mean, I don't want to complain considering we might actually get a new song out of this but the pace this is going at is really frustrating

Its just one massive waiting game......and after reading the articles on LT, waiting, is not one of my strong points atm hahaha :mad:

7. street soldier

LOL! We have a life outside too... and what the heck are we doing right now? We are sitting in front of our computers waiting for some guy to give us a "clue"! That's not fair... isn't it?

Ok, guys. This is it for me.
    Have fun with this game...

8. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm certainly not waiting for him to give anyone a "clue".

9. _Depression

The waiting is tough. You know it, I know it, we all know it. Especially with this Allan person we have to deal with, every tweet is excruciating to read through, pecking out every possible discrepancy in the hopes of a clue. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do to speed the process along except keep our heads up and our fingers on the F5 key.

10. street soldier

I won't do a shh, and get "Lies Greed Misery" anyways.

11. _Depression

Congratulations, that's your decision. I personally want to follow this scavenger hunt through to the end, because it's entertaining (even with Allan being aggravating as hell) and because the community who's doing it along with me is absolutely awesome. By all means, do what you want, but I'm going to see this through to the end even with your negativity taken into consideration.

12. Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

This is honestly where things start to fall apart, and is probably why people are getting antsy. Even angry.

"Allan" right now is nothing more than a character. There has been nothing to establish that "Allan" is an actual person, and if it is, Linkin Park are doing it wrong. Whether this is viral marketing, the start to an ARG, or what ever, the problem is that "Allan" is supposed to be our anchor right now, even if it's just a pawn in the overall game. Meaning that if the next event is constantly being halted due to "Allan" having a life, not having proper contacts, or what ever the issue may be, then "Allan" should not be the one to move this forward. In terms of the "story" being told here, "Allan" is wasting people's time deliberately. "Allan" is playing the role of an antagonist. There's no intent of support, and what they do is a hindrance to the overall progression. The fact Mike has to constantly step in and help is honestly doing more damage than anything, because it proves "Allan" is in fact, worthless.

That's the problem I have with the "Allan" character right now. The character is worthless. Everything they've covered in the last couple days could have been summed up in a single sentence: "Your next clue is at [location]". Not as fun, but what's transpired thus far doesn't sound much better. They're prolonging the event by having "Allan" constantly attempt to contact the Prime Minister of Canada through Twitter, who probably has enough to do as is. Will this lead to anything? Are we actually supposed to wait on this, or is this THE clue? We don't know because "Allan" is seemingly dumbfounded and won't make a move until someone else tells them to. Again, worthless.

And all this leads to... what, exactly? The "prize"? What "prize" could possibly be worth bugging the Prime Minister of Canada over? Because regardless of what happens, come June we're going to hear Living Things. I can't imagine the prize being a giveaway considering there's no way to actually track people's progress, and opening it up to a first-come-first-serve basis seems pretty unfair, especially to those who kept with it from the start.

I'm not trying to harp on the band doing something for their fans or discourage people from trying... It's great, really. But the execution of this entire thing, even the slider puzzles before it, is just so bad. I feel like they could be doing far, FAR better.

At this point, I agree with what someone said earlier in this thread. I think something went wrong behind the scenes and everyone is just stalling for time now.

13. BlackChester

BlackChester Well-Known Member

honestly, I have to agree with Keaton..

14. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

anything new happen?

15. mattyice318

mattyice318 Active Member

Has anybody even tried to look at any of these locations yet? CN tower, the garden, the stadium? Are we 100% sure they're stalling, or just 100% sure we don't have eyes there yet?

16. _Depression

@Paulooch12 went to the CN Tower and Air Canada Centre earlier today and couldn't find anything. If there is a clue there we missed it, but I'm more inclined to believe that there's nothing there (at least not yet).

17. YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Someone actually went there and didn't see anything out of the ordinary...

EDIT: Ups, _Depression was faster :p

18. mattyice318

mattyice318 Active Member

Thanks, maybe they are stalling though. You'd think they'd have time to think this through though.

19. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Agreed, so much. However this is LP's first time doing something like this, so I'll forgive 'em for not getting it all right the first time.

20. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Allan never fails to post at 4 am for me :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.