LIVING THINGS Scavenger Hunt: Progress & Discussion

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamWBR

AdamWBR Well-Known Member

Real world chaos? Ok, now this is just getting silly.

2. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I think you are drastically overestimating how much effect Allan could have, or how much the person in charge of the PM's twitter account cares (or how much that account gets spammed on a regular basis). He's a step in a scavenger hunt, the part that bridges the Japanese clue with the Canadian one.

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Keaton: Allan was supposed to be a firestarter. He was supposed to be an evil person, the worst of the worst, the antagonist, the person everyone hates.

Think about if the PM had responded. Do you realize how many followers of his would suddenly know a new Linkin Park album was out, or better...learn about Linkin Park? It's genius. By Allan being such a dick, he got fans riled up and talking about him. He got you and others posting regularly here, waiting to see what's next. He helped LPA have 400-600 people online at once, even at NIGHT.

It's just like the Burn It Down puzzles. People got mad and thought it was too difficult. But look what happened. 7 thousand replies in one thread. Traffic records for LPA. The band being more involved with LPA than ever before, and over 500 new members since March.

Regardless of how negative you feel Allan was, this couldn't have worked out any better if the band tried. The hate for Allan, resulted in fans banding together to try to BEAT HIM to the clue. Going to toronto to find out the clue before Allan posts it. It turned into a mission to bring Allan down. The fans came together. LIVING THINGS became worldwide. Just as it was supposed to all along.

4. Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

*sigh* I'm not saying he was going to burn the world down. But spamming someone who has nothing to do with this game for your own benefit is just wrong. Surely there were better, easier ways to get such a message across?

edit: Wait. So Allan posts a time, mentions not to come earlier... so fans will come earlier?

The last time a fan got there too early, the guy giving out the "next clue" wasn't even ready.

What's going on? :lol:

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  5. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Is that such a big deal? Harper tweets sporadically and should check his mentions even more seldom..

6. @LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

I agree with this. It would have been just as easy for them to find someone within that area, say a local DJ or television producer on twitter to bring in on the scavenger hunt. I understand that getting the PM to reply could have opened the floodgates to tons of potential followers and new listeners who didn't know about the new album, but it just seems like a big ole can of spam to me. It wasn't fun.

7. Vriska

Allan didn't even kill anyone. Man you guys need to see real villains.

8. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

Exactly. As far as a marketing campaign goes, they're doing everything right. Any publicity is good publicity, right?
    But honestly, let's look at the alternative here: LP announces a new album, releases a single, releases a music video for the single, then releases the album. No fan interaction, no element of fun and all quite boring. So just sit back, let events unfold at their own pace and wait for the clues. It's not like this thing is going to be solved tomorrow, more than a month before the album comes out!

9. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

QFT

10. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill!

11. AdamWBR

AdamWBR Well-Known Member

Anyway, for those of you enjoying this and not taking it as anything more than something fun we're doing for you guys, I'm SO PUMPED to see the energy you guys have shown. LP seriously has the best fans. I mean that. You make this fun for US as well. :)

12. Josh Martin

Josh Martin Heart full of pain, head full of stress? HEAD ON!

So could that park in the picture on twitter have something to do with PM Harper? It looks like there might be words or something on that cement thing in the middle (a fountain or something?) maybe dedicated to him?

13. YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Thank YOU :)

14. Andreina

Wow thanks!! I love how you always think of us and try to engage us on the hype, and that's why Linkin Park and their whole team are the best ever!

15. Gloomy Mushroom

I thank you and the LPA for being totally awesome.

16. mattyice318

mattyice318 Active Member

I have confirmed with somebody in Toronto that this picture was taken in Allan Gardens. Looks like we were right the first time.

17. YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Wow, that's great. There's a girl on LP.com who said she knows where it is and she is going there tomorrow. Told her to let us know what happens :)

18. Gloomy Mushroom

:awesome: We have something to work on now.

19. Andreina

We gotta get an LPA'er to go there and take the candy! :awesome:

20. Vriska

+8

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.