LPU Summit in Camden, New Jersey Announced!

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

"Members will only be able to reserve ONE Summit pass each, if you have friends who want to try to attend they must JOIN LPU to get access to this benefit."

So your friend will have to purchase a separate LPU membership. These tickets will sell out within minutes so you both have to be quick.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I don't understand it though. Why say something like "there is a new Summit in New Jersey, is anyone going to Philadelphia?" rather than "there is a new Summit is New Jersey, anyone going to New Jersey?" On a country-wise scale it is like saying the Summit is in Australia, anyone going to New Zealand, rather than just going directly to Australia.

Geki

Geki >.

I have the LPU Plus Pass so I'm guaranteed a free ticket if I can actually snag one in time, I'll make sure I do. I don't have tickets to the actual show, so I guess I'll just buy a lawn ticket or something, I have pit tickets for Uncasville and Mansfield so I'm not too worried about not being pit.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Wow, let it go. It's really not hard to understand. They're literally right next to each other and share a lot of things. PIA is the nearest airport for Camden, that's why I said it. Chances are if you're going to Camden, you're going to Philly too. I don't know what happened to you that turned you into such a negative "internet-bro", using all the cool "e-speak" and shit, but I don't think I've seen you contribute anything positive to these boards for a long time. It's a shame, you used to be a good member and contribute a lot, now when I see you post it's usually pedantic nit-picking or your attempt at "trolling". I'm sure you'll reply with another one of your witty "troll" attempts now, but that's fine. That's all I've come to expect from you anyway.

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Great news! I hope everyone that wants to go is able to get a pass. :)

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

You lucky dogs. Unfortunately, that's just a little out of my reach with three kids and a wife. Bring one closer to Florida and the wife might let me go.

eltoma90

eltoma90 Member

I am wondering when the SouthAmerican people will have Linkin Park available for a Summit...

teanha

teanha Member

AWESOME! Never thought they would do a Summit in Camden, NJ! Living in this state has finally paid off!:awesome:

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Hopefully people will take videos for those of us who can't go.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Like a certain Hybrid we all know. :awesome:

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

And a certain Ree. :awesome:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'll be there with my super awesome camera that takes 1080p video. No worries folks ;).

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Just a question, I will obviously not attend but want to keep in mind, are the fans allowed to take cameras like these to the M&G or Summits? I know it will most likely not get me through the door on a show, but on these other two, I'd like to know.

kelies

kelies Well-Known Member

Camden... the only city worse than it is Detroit.

LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

Why couldnt LP go to NY instead, still havent been to a LP concert ='(

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

That's how we do things in the US. Camden is a suburb of Philadelphia. But in the US, when talking to a global audience, we say the larger city since everyone knows where that is. If two people in the Philadelphia metro area are talking to each other and one asks where the other lives, they might say "I live over in Camden" because the other guy from Philly knows exactly what he's talking about. But if he's talking to someone from anywhere else, he'll say Philadelphia because if he says "I live in Camden, New Jersey" that is undoubtedly going to be followed up with "Where is Camden near? I haven't heard of it", and the answer would be "It's a suburb of Philadelphia". So in the US, we just cut right to the chase and answer Philadelphia.

I don't live within the St. Louis city limits. In fact, I'm further from it than Camden is from Philadelphia city proper (albeit not by much). But I tell anyone from out of town who asks that I live in "St. Louis" because if I answered with the name of the suburb I live in, they would say "Where the hell is that?"

Joe, if you fly into PIA you're going to be a long ways from Philadelphia. It would be like being in New Zealand when you want to be in Australia :lol:

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I'm sorry Joe, but way to essentially 'attack' a member of the forum in which you admin. If you feel as though I am not contributing, you could have easily said so and I would've abided by you saying so (which I'll certainly do from now on).

That makes sense, thanks for clearing that up Todd.

Spaedin

Spaedin Well-Known Member

I wish so badly I had enough funds for this to even be feasible :( Maybe next summit. Even though the next US one will be probably be 2 years at least. Hope you guys get some awesome video!

LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

I could make the drive from Toronto to Camden, but I think I have to realize that this is something I really shouldn't do alone, and I won't be able to find anyone to want to do this badly enough to make the journey. Plus I have plans for the CA shows in early September and should probably save my money to make those easier to have fun with. I've done a lot of living on my own in the last few years, because I got tired of relying on others to "be down" and getting in the way of me doing things I want to do, but something like an LP Summit I really should experience with someone, and not just so I don't look odd having nobody around me that I know at the Summit. I'd hate to take an opportunity for granted, who knows how far away from me the next Summit might be, but I'll take a chance this time and pass for now.

Hm...totally didn't mean to get all "sad story" on the board here...I hope those who go have a great time.

Geki

Geki >.

I just got my pass. I'm SOOOO excited. I can't fucking wait for this summit. Going to be so much fun. I'm gonna buy tickets for the Camden show now (lawn tix), and probably pick up lawn tickets for Wantagh, too. I have pit tickets for Uncasville and Mansfield so I don't mind being lawn, especially for a summit the same day, way more than makes up for not being in pit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.