MySpace Exclusive: More Track Details & Lyrics Revealed in LIVING THINGS Preview

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MicCarrera

MicCarrera Well-Known Member

I guess so lol. I have high expectations for it

2. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

Yep thats right

3. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

Can any one confirm if this is real or fake, cause this is so sick and haunting.

[video=youtube;tcaGsbB8_Aw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcaGsbB8_Aw[/video]

4. MicCarrera

MicCarrera Well-Known Member

doubt it. leaks usally dont come out this early

5. biscuitmix

biscuitmix Active Member

I can't confirm anything, but that does sound awesome if it is indeed a real snippet from the song.

6. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

These all sound really, really great. The opener being reminiscent of In the End is especially intriguing. Patience is wearing thin now.

7. Spaedin

Spaedin Well-Known Member

These two. Most excited for these two. After Victimized, Roads Untraveled (which sounds like one of the slowest on the album) will be an interesting contrast and the lyrics just...I extremely identify with lately.

I really hope there is an amazing explosion of sound/energy after this line. Something akin to "what was left when that fire was gone" maybe.

I doubt it, but I like this.

8. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

I dont understand how their old stuff is angsty lyrics, when most of their old stuff is about relationships

With you
    POA
    In the end
    APFMH
    pushing me away
    dont stay
    lying from you
    faint
    figure .09
    FTI
    numb

9. Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

I think Victimized could very well cause brain damage, and be on the scale of the quake at Japan.

I get to a point where I can't write anything, because my anticipation is so high and my brain gets clogged up with too many thoughts Haha. Victimized is already starting to affect me. The power is too much!!

10. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

One Step Closer
    Hit the Floor
    Runaway
    Nobody's Listening

are also on the list of songs that sound like they were written by complaining high school freshmen

11. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

One Step Closer
    Hit the Floor
    Runaway
    Nobody's Listening

are not relationship song's tho, you can argue hit the floor

12. 6161

6161 Well-Known Member

"Unfortunately the CD didn’t work so we didn’t get to hear this one."

WTF! LOL!!

13. MX1

MX1 Member

Love the way the tracks have been arranged! Looks like everyone's pumped up to hear Victimized more than anything.
    I'd say Castle of Glass, Roads Untraveled and In My Remains will be fan favorites, but maybe that's just me.

Also,

THIS.

Why isn't this creating a lot of buzz already?

LP and dubstep. Unfamiliar territory LVL: Over 9000.
    Although the track Hole Drop from Mike's "The Raid: Redemption" score had a lot of dubstep elements, it's gonna be a different story altogether for a LP record. I'm gonna keep my eyes (and ears :p) open for this one, for sure!

14. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

At this point, the idea might seem a little clichéd :"

15. Grey

Grey Member

16. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

So I take it by all the Victimized praise that I'm the only one actually a little concerned about how hard/metal-y it might be...I'm fine with hard rock but it's almost sounding over the top...granted I use the word "concerned" loosely because I'm not actually sitting here worried, I'm sure it'll be a good song.

If Lost in the Echo really does harken back to In the End, then that's what needs to be a single. And no, just because In the End was, but because In the End (in my opinion) really put Linkin Park on the map. That song spoke to people far wider than just fans of rock/alt/nu-metal, and people remember that even if they're not big LP fans. Victimized won't be a single if it's really this hard, and I have a pretty good track record for predicting singles, I have a perfect record ever since In the End, coincidentally.

Glad to see a review not use the words "folk" or "country" in describing Castle of Glass (btw, side note, but I can't stand when I see the word "of" capitalized, as in "Of"...makes me die a little inside)

I've heard things like "all the heft and power of a John Williams score" of Powerless, and that alone gives me high hopes for the album closer. Score music, when done well (Williams, Hans Zimmer, James Newton Howard, etc) is pretty much always memorable and timeless.

And finally, I'm not sure about phrases like "make Hybrid Theory its bitch"...I for one am glad that I see differences in all of LP's releases, while linking them together with their trademark sound. Hybrid Theory is one of the best albums of its decade. However, I can't say I blame people for saying things like that, after all the naysaying of the 'old fans' regarding LP's changes.

17. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

I don't think it'll be straight out dubstep, might have something that's a shade of dubstep but I can't see LP going WUBWUBWUBWUBWUB :p

18. HybridBharath

HybridBharath Well-Known Member

As I was reading this review, I was getting excited to see what Powerless would be reviewed like. Unfortunately, they didn't. I'm pumped for this track than the others, just to see how the album will end :D
    Also, I wish these reviewers would write what they think of Burn It Down and compare it with the other tracks...

19. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Cool reviews:) I can't want to hear how VICTIMIZED turn out to be, if it is really that hard.

Also, can anyone explain me what "urgent vocals" means? I'm not sure I'm getting it right

20. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Haha - in my media library, pretty much every word is capitalised ;D - I don't know why it's academically correct or whatever to do otherwise

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.