Thoughts and Expectations about LIVING THINGS

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lime treacle, Mar 22, 2012.

shwcobb

shwcobb 持ち上げて 解き放して

I enjoyed the journey experience we got with A Thousand Suns, now let's have something that hits the spot. Sure seems that way so far.
    I'd like for the record to go crazy, not electronic-crazy or screaming-crazy, but 'whoa I totally didn't expect this melody/loop/phrase/lyric, that's something else'. The feeling you get at the beginning of WTCFM. That's just plain sick in my book. Mix the screaming, heavy guitars, electronic synths, rapping and slow ballads into something epic.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

This album is a weird one to predict. But basically, what I've gathered is that it will be a weirder/more extreme version of Minutes To Midnight. Folky acoustic, ambient, electronic, rap-rock, all in one album. My only hope is that most of the songs don't have the extreme pop tinge of Burn It Down.

It's going to be epic.

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

LP in a nutshell, hope it gives off the vibe New Divide does, just like... awesome. I think this will be the album LP need to get them back into the fans undivided views, a normal album if i could say that... More poppy, but more rocky. More electronic but more aucoustic... A bit of everything really. I think it will be one of them albums that you can listen to in any mood.... I think its going to be AWESOME :awesome:

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I can't wait for that feeling you get every time you listen to a new record... almost like you can taste it. It's amazing.

David Vereker

David Vereker Banned

Lies Greed Misery *cough*

David Vereker

David Vereker Banned

Why so serious?

AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

A "hint" of dubstep. A hint! ;)

A hint doesn't mean there is going to be wobble bass all over the track. It is probably reminiscent of the Blackout bridge which really isn't dubstep, its more just glitched out electronica.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Whenever I hear someone use the word "dubstep," I assume they just mean really electronic. No one really knows how to use that word anymore because the genre is so watered down.

I played Pendulum's album Immersion for a friend a few weeks ago and they told me I needed to "send them that cool dubstep music."

Eventide

Eventide Banned

I just want to enjoy the album. That's all.

CylockDNB

CylockDNB Well-Known Member

I hope there is some live drumming on there because I get the feeling it's gonna be tons of electronic drums, even though the reviews state otherwise. If there are live drums, I hope they sound like they did on MTM. Super heavy, crisp and rough like if you were sitting at the kit kinda sound, as opposed to the big, far away, reverby, stadium sounding drums you hear on the live sounding portions of ATS. :p