AUDIO: LIES GREED MISERY MP3 + FLAC

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

L.M.F.A.O.

I love his MMMMMHM facial expressions, hahahahaha.

2. Fredyg

Fredyg Well-Known Member

Badassery!

3. jadesloth

jadesloth it could be worse

Agreed!

4. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

I find it incredibly ignorant and moronic to trash a song for not being "complicated" enough. That's it's own style, a style that Linkin Park can, has, and does dive into, but because they don't do it on every song, it's bad? The lyrics are personal, and there's nothing "bad" about the music. I have always held the philosophy that if you don't compose or perform yourself, you have absolutely no right to criticize anyone else's music, unless asked, especially with a group as successful as Linkin Park. And they're not successful because of their appearance and/or tween hormones, cough Bieber cough, but because they've put out hits and continue to do so.

Not liking a song because it's not in your taste is one thing, criticizing the actual structure as "incorrect" is, simply put, stupid.

5. Gust

Gust En Proceso

I really have to congratulate LPA for all the effort this community puts every day. This day must be a landmark in the community history, I'm sure. You really deserve this. All of this; Mike's permission to leak the track, all the times LPA has been mentioned had in this hunt.. and every single effort that has been put in this. If anyone wants to know if hard work has a reward at the end of the day, THIS is the perfect example.

About the track (I could listen to it a couple of minutes ago, this was a very busy day for me and unfortunately I couldn't listen to the radio to hear the track for the first time), I honestly couldn't imagine a song like this. It suprised me a lot. Everytime when a new song came, I'm always listening over and over a lot of times the first day. But it's different this time. The song captivated me at the first seconds of the first play and I don't know why. I don't know if this will become a fan favourite, but I know this became instantly a personal favourite. I think the joint of that happiness feel of the instruments mixed with the aggresive tone of Mike and Chester voices makes it.

I imagine a music video of this, like some kind of mix of Bleed it Out's brawl and The Catalyst's chaotic feel. A paintball war maybe, a very fun one.

6. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

I agree that too many people are taking one song and suddenly saying LP "doesn't have it anymore" and similar non-sensical crap like that. They've proven it over and over again that they can make 'complex', depth-laiden, emotional songs, but they don't do it here and people suddenly act like they don't have the ability anymore. Linkin Park is incapable of making flat out bad music, especially by choice. This style was chosen for a reason, and it's one song out of twelve on the album. Even those who don't like this nor Burn it Down, that's 2/12, so calm down and wait it out. Songs with different intentions/direction/mood are still on their way.

7. merrillmind

merrillmind Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more nice to know some people can appreciate a unique approach:ditto:

8. Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

I am in love with this song. Showed some friends who aren't necessarily LP fans and they are now very excited for June 26.

9. Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

I'm still a little unsure about this song. I like it better than BID for sure, but this song is like an mixture of other songs I've heard by other artists before. Not saying that's a bad thing because LP are masters of doing this kind of thing. But my initial impressions are positive.

10. crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

I absolutely LOVE this song! I showed it to a friend of mine and he was like WTF, but whatever his favorite band is Maroon 5 so no wonder.

11. nikolajlaulp

nikolajlaulp Well-Known Member

Thank you so much !!

12. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

^ Maroon 5 CAN be good. I like a lot of their older rock-driven material. And some of their newer songs aren't too bad. Harder To Breathe is awesome.

Anyways, I keep listening to this song, and while what's there isn't bad, there's not enough to satisfy me as a song. If this is an exception rather than a rule though, I'll like it just fine in the whole of the album. On its own, however, it just feels very shallow.

13. CCtjehh

CCtjehh Because we love them

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay they're gonna play it at Pinkpop :D

14. LPChris

LPChris LP Fan Since 8/2001

With Linkin Park, expect the unexpected. We should all be used to that by now :D

I LOVE how they always keep us guessing what their next new song is going to sound like.

15. CCtjehh

CCtjehh Because we love them

Dude if there's one band I hate it's Maroon 5, especially the singer, what a filthy arrogant man.

16. Sohail Abbasi

Sohail Abbasi LP LIVE FREAK

Well done LPA,Thankyou

17. Cinemamonster

Cinemamonster Are you watching closely?

Thanks, LPA, you're awesome!

18. Mario007

Mario007 Well-Known Member

This seems out of context...

Anyway this song is what Wretches and Kings should have been.

19. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

adam levine has adhd so he cant help it

20. zorrodude

zorrodude Well-Known Member

I can be critical on music by actively listening to a song, but I also know how to enjoy a song passively without thinking to hard about it. With that being said, it's really not as simple as some people are saying (not necessarily on this site.) But it's not extremely complex either, which in the end, imo, does that even matter? If it has a good vibe, something you can sing along to and casually listen to, wouldn't that be considered a good song? I mean if the lyrics were dry and meaningless then it would be a different story but Linkin Park has always put meaning and thought behind each song. That's probably one of the things that makes LP great. They make catchy hits (and also very complex songs) but also have deep/personal meaning to it. You don't see that very often in music nowadays.

Yes I drifted in thought, so my opinion of this song... love it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.