LIVING THINGS Track Times Revealed!

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erasus

erasus Well-Known Member

Meteora 2 ^^

2. lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

[if those Lengths are true] i think we Got those reactions because we thought VICTIMIZED is the heaviest track LP ever did (from the reviews we got)
    so ..... i predict it's a quick Heavy track with little lyrics ....! :sweating:

to make it clear, i also don't care about the leghts ...
    I was just had expectations about VICTIMIZED based on the reviews ... (so i can NOT see a real SONG to have 1:45 leght) i would say it could just be fine for 2:30 and above length...

THIS ;)

This is for sure !... but look : VICTIMIZED is 1 min LESS of OSC lenght.....!!!!! 1:45 CANT BE A SONG for me..... it just A min ad some CRAZYness SOUND or some kind of heavy break !

anyway i am hoping the source made a mistake and it is 2:45 Becaause if you notice the Say that the Duration is 00:41:02 : total

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  3. ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Victimized is suppose to be heavy and aggressive as fuck, but it's short! Boo hoo!!

Listen to some Black Flag and shut up.

[video=youtube;Fsbvo5GVK10]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsbvo5GVK10[/video]

4. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

To compare some more with Victimized's short time, I looked at songs from Rise Against like "Voice of Dissent" (1:55), "Grammatizator" (2:08), and "State of the Union" (2:18). These are all short, intense, BRUUUUTAL tracks that are meant to turn the pits into chaos. If Victimized carries as much power as these songs do, then I'll be completely satisfied.

[video=youtube;vVYlwPrM7r4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVYlwPrM7r4[/video]

5. ZoeLinkingal

ZoeLinkingal The Unforgiving

6. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

what I was trying to say was that songs shouldn't be made too long just because they have to..indeed there are a lot of great albums exceeding 60 minutes. But wI have to admit there are certain albums/songs of which I make edits and burn them on a CD because the songs then to be dragging on and on.
    Writing long songs (5+ minutes) is, in my opinion something that you either can or can't do

7. kwill

kwill Well-Known Member

Everyone will bitch at me because of this post, but I will say it anyway. I'm very disappointed in the length of Victimized. I have a right to be disappointed if I don't like the length of a track; that is a legitimate concern. Why would they waste their heaviest track on a little interlude like this? Is it so hard to add one more minute to the track? ONE MORE MINUTE? THAT'S ALL I ASK! Lies, Greed, Misery is very short, but that doesn't stop it from being an excellent track. Sure, I would have liked it to be a little longer, but it does the job it needs to.

On the other hand, 1:47 is far too short. I'm not saying that it will suck, because every review said that it won't. I still think it will be awesome. But 1:47 is far too short for a song. If they were going for an instrumental, it would be fine, but for an actual song? Too short, in any circumstance.

Hybrid Theory is 37:52. Living Things is 36:58. If Linkin Park had added just ONE MORE MINUTE to Victimized, the total track length would be only a few seconds over Hybrid Theory's, which would be perfectly fine. Why couldn't they find one more minute worth of material to add to keep this song from being a skeleton. One minute can make a huge difference in music. Quality does come before quantity, but why can't we have both?

8. maik_gianino

maik_gianino Well-Known Member

Firts of all the Google Translator never helps too much, and with Japanese Site just sux...
    So, i will wait because i never heard before about this Tower Records i don't know if this info is confirmed or what...

About VICTIMIZED.

If the info is correct and confirmed:
    I have to say that is a big surprise but in the same time not.
    Firecracker album is like that, short songs, lots of energy, heavy beats, a firecracker is boom! and it's ended.

And don't forget the quantity doesn't matter, we are talking about Linkin Park, we are talking about quality.

9. Infinity

Infinity *

Yeahhh Rise Against <3

On-Topic
    Before LGM I was afraid for short tracks (under 2.30)
    But LGM is so frikkin great that I really don't care anymore how long a track is, as long as its awesome!!

10. ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Casting judgement on a song you've never heard. Awesome.

Maybe an additional minute ruins the emotional "OMFG" effect from the tune? Anyone ever think of that?

11. Geki

Geki >.

I'm not disappointed by these lengths. A lot of really heavy music have songs with short times, that's just how it is. If Victimized really is going to be as heavy as people are saying, then I think the length is fine. If it's going to be just Linkin Park style heavy, than it's way too short. I've always wanted a LP track to be screaming the ENTIRE song and have really heavy guitar and drums and really dark, angry lyrics. I think this song could be just that, but I'm not going to get my hopes up for something that heavy...because I think LP wouldn't really be able to make heavy music like that...

Anyways, it seems that that was the full version of Tinfoil that they played in LA, pretty cool to know that we've already heard it in lower quality, we basically have 3 tracks off the album at this point.

The other songs that I am most excited for (In My Remains and Castle Of Glass) seem good, I'm really pumped up to hear Castle Of Glass. Can't wait for this album. Hopefully we get can get some snippets soon...

12. fio1310

fio1310 Well-Known Member

Has someone been messing with the times on wikipedia? Someone seems to think the album version of Burn It Down will be a minute longer than the single version, and that victimized will be 0:46 long...

13. Caniba

Caniba Well-Known Member

0:46 ?! :potato: song ...

14. Now we all know that this will not match up to A Thousand Suns. There's no way.

15. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

0:46 is almost Technique (Short) (0:41).

16. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I'm not too bothered by some of the track lengths. I was comparing it to Hybrid Theory, which is a little longer song-for-song than Meteora. Most songs are longer than the songs in Hybrid Theory. Reason being that Living Things has three songs that clock in with pretty short running times. Tinfoil, Lies Greed Misery, and Victimized are all short, but as long as they get their point across, I'm okay with three short super-fast songs. That leaves extra time for the rest of the songs, which I believe will carry the more typical song structures like Burn It Down did.

Now I really want to hear some previews.

17. fio1310

fio1310 Well-Known Member

But Mike hasn't said anything about the album version of BID being longer, right?

18. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Because it's shorter? Good to see some people making sense around here...

If you can prove that quantity = quality then I will agree with you.

19. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I agree that the post you quoted was ignorant, but I understand most people's mindset that a lot of these songs couldn't have taken near the amount of creativity or thought as songs like Iridescent or When They Come For Me. However, that's as far as my understanding goes. To say that the quality itself is going to be less because of that isn't true at all. I love Burn It Down, probably more than most of A Thousand Suns.

20. Vic

Vic No game no life

Lol, I laugh at Victimized length :lol: but it didn't bothered me at all. The lengths are pretty nice, we have some short songs and thanks to that we have longer songs. This is perfect for me haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.