LIVING THINGS Track Times Revealed!

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

I'll let you know when I have a dream-prediction on that one...

If only if it were possible that LP could go til 2032...I suppose it's too much to ask...

I want to see you choke on your lies ........(sorry board, I'm unfortunately going to be using that way too much over the next little while)

All I've heard about Powerless was a comparison to a movie score and a 'cinematic closer'. Maybe I just missed it though, where did you hear it referred to as a ballad?

2. the11thdoctor

the11thdoctor Resident Time Lord

Not sure why 2032 wouldn't be possible - a lot of bands have gone 40+ years. As long as the guys love making music and feel like making it as a group, it's pretty possible... They're already 1/4 of the way there even if you don't start counting til Phoenix came back after HT.

...Though it would be interesting to see how a late-50s/early-60s LP would sound haha...

3. Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

Only 1.46 for VICTIMIZED is a bit weird. If this is real, I will be disappointed.

2 songs under 2 minutes.

+ 2 songs between 2-3 minutes.

Really short.

4. Anthony Maroon

Anthony Maroon Well-Known Member

On Powerless, from the song description collection thread:

Get first-posted on! Haha.
    But in all seriousness, I'm looking forward to the song. I've always been a huge fan of Pushing Me Away and TLTGYA. It's sounding like this one's gonna be a cinematic/powerful ballad.

5. Requiem1394

Requiem1394 Well-Known Member

I am sure I am one of the very few, but I like that Victimized is so short. If it's as intense as everyone keeps saying, I think being short can make it a powerful part of the album.

6. GrahamJones

GrahamJones Banned

I think that VICTIMIZED being short is perfect. It can easily fit on the setlist.

7. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

they will be like The rolling stones from lincoln park

8. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

LPMeteorain, I merged your two posts above into one. Please stop double posting. It adds a lot of clutter to the forums and is unnecessary. If you need to add a thought to your post, you can do so by clicking on the edit button. Thanks.

9. Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

But, as said before, this is probably the price of getting a new album in a shorter time.

10. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I was just in shock at Victimized time but I think the overall track time is good. although I would have loved if they kept the 6 minute version of powerless

11. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

Yea imagine Chester trying to scream at that age...and people thought the screaming in Lies Greed Misery was distorted...try including raspy elements, and coughing

12. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

That will be pure epicness

13. Seanlp608

Seanlp608 Well-Known Member

Does anybody know if the pre-order song is being released today?

14. RoyHahn

RoyHahn Well-Known Member

don't forget, the critcs ALL said it is good.
    So even if this may not be that important or relevant, it still says it CAN be good.
    The beatles had ton of songs that were that short. - and the beatles were and are awesome.

Really guys, short songs doesn't mean they suck. It is linkin park we are talking about. Linkin Park and Rick Rubin! All of them are thinking this is good, so I think we should trust them.
    Of course I am worried, too, but Linkin Park honestly never dissappointed me. And they won't this time!

15. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

I'm not doing it on purpose and I'm still learning. I've never seen the multi-quote option before so I still forget about it sometimes. I'm getting there, and I'm not just new to this board, I'm new to boards altogether. Please keep in mind that sometimes a new post that I want to comment on comes in like the very minute, or one minute before I submit my reply to an earlier post, so I don't see it in time to do the multi-quote. Other times I may find a post to reply to on an earlier page and don't/won't exactly go sifting through later pages to make sure there isn't a 2nd/3rd post I can multi-quote. Thanks for the understanding and patience.

16. Clever Name

Clever Name Well-Known Member

If Victimized ''Kicks my mind the balls'' I'll be happy with the length of the song.

:headbang:

17. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

It was released yesterday. It was LIES GREED MISERY. :)

18. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Hey, I have a question is LGM the same song being released with S2E, because they said top 10,000 would get a new song but they let you guys leak LGM, which means that everyone can get it (legally), so technically the top 10,000 didn't get their own song which is what the band said would happen.

I'm not complaing, just wondering

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  19. HybridBharath

HybridBharath Well-Known Member

I think Rick rubin might have had some input with victimized's heaviness and shortness due to him working with slayer on reign in blood...

20. Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

I think Victimized has been over hyped by the media and I think it's a song that cannot live up to its expectations at this point. Instead of focusing on that one song, how about we consider the rest of the album? The song lengths are about what I expected for an album that's only 37 minutes long. The track lengths cannot be used to judge a song and would be foolish to do so. I will wait for the album release and judge it for myself. But it's interesting that BID is the longest song in the album.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.