05.27.2012 - Landgraaf, Netherlands - Pinkpop Festival 2012

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Stino LPLeaks

Stino LPLeaks Well-Known Member

So we we'll never have a stream of their concert at Pinkpop.

In that case...

Anyone knows if the concert at Rock Am Ring will be streamed? :D

BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is Chester really starting to lose his scream? he doesn't scream as much and avoids it when he can, also you can tell he try's hard to adjust his voice box to scream and it really just sounds weird.

Spooky

Spooky Well-Known Member

21:20 dutch time on NED3 they will broadcast In the end and bleed it out from pinkpop here on dutch TV. One hour ago they got permission to broadcast max 4 songs, they chose to do 2. who can record this anyway?

They've got four titles to broadcast, burn it down, what i've done, bleed it out and in the end, They will broadcast In the end and bleed it out tonight.. What ive done and burn it down another day.

Last edited: May 28, 2012
    Alex Andronic

Alex Andronic Member

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

I don't think he's losing his scream. I think this goes along with what I've been saying for years. The band goes into the studio to record an album. Let's say they take anywhere from six months to a year just to record it. They record a track like Given Up, Blackout, LIE GREED MISERY, etc. Then say they focus on that song from anywhere from two weeks to a month. Chester gets as many retakes as he wants to get the perfect scream down.

I think people have the wrong expectations when they expect an artist to be able to do every scream from every album track after track. Chester knows his limits and he respects his boundaries to keep his vocal health at a maximum level so as not to have to cancel any tour dates.

I mean, would you rather have him do what he does and have a few brutal screams (Rock in Rio was awesome IMO) or would you rather have him have some sort of backing track because he damages his vocal chords?

Just my opinion.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Artists will never sound 100% like on record. There's Melodyne/Autotune, vocal layering, and as LP2K12 so correctly stated...artists go through numerous takes to get the perfect vocals. It's not like a live performance where you get one chance to hit the note and that's it. So of course Chester's going to have moments where he sounds strained because its a live performance. It doesn't have studio polish behind it.

I happened to think he sounded flawless in Rock In Rio. People are too tough on him.

Spooky

Spooky Well-Known Member

http://3voor12.vpro.nl/nieuws/2012/mei/pinkpop-2012/Pinkpop-Linkin-Park.html#disqus_thread

Lol the official Pinkpop review gives linkin park a 7. saying their best days are over but its good to say how they kept hold these days with nu-metal being dead. They say the start of the set was powerfull and exiting. but that the new songs are rubbish and that the medley and a few ''bad songs in the middle'' where making people to sleep. but then eventually with in the end and all that the crowd started jumping again.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

:lol:. Never have I seen a review contradict itself so much. First they say nu-metal is dead, then they go forth to criticize the new songs calling them rubbish...when musically and artistically, they're steps beyond some of the band's older works.

Gotta love a reviewer that can't make up his/her mind. :)

fabianto

fabianto 2+2=banana!

lol pinkpop for real..? shame on you guys there it was a awesome setlist en the catalyst wel shit happens...

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I think that as well.

And about the review, I didn't even bother reading a bad translation of it, even though Google Translator doesn't do the best job (but still decent for being an automatic tool), it was totally biased garbage, so I skipped it right away.

pytt

pytt Self-proclaimed Genius

They must fear the Netherlands for some reason. The show where I was in 2007 at Pinkpop also never got released.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

I read a Belgian review on Rock in Rio:

Translated: ...After that, the show finally approaches its end. To our relief, the Linkin Park-train finally stops with a cover of Beastie Boys 'Sabotage' and their own hits 'Beneath My Skin' and One Step Closer.

Now, let's all take a good look at what the reviewer said.

:dafuq:

Also, the reviewer keeps saying that the show was too long. That's basically what the reviewer thinks is wrong with the show. Wut? Oh and he called their newer stuff poppy. Talk about credibility...

Last edited: May 28, 2012
    Stino LPLeaks

You read that on www.hln.be... nuff said.

They just sent someone to Rock in Rio who totally doesn't like going to concerts. It's always like that. In Belgium, NOT ONE newspaper, radio station (not even Studio Brussel) or tv-station cares about Linkin Park. They always say stupid things, say they only made one great album and have never heard of "Minutes To Midnight". I hate those people!

It's sad to live in Belgium (as an LP fan).

laura

laura Well-Known Member

junk? have done nothing but masterpieces of junk

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Haha yes :awesome:

StuBru seems to care though. StuBru is searching for a Belgian Ambassador for LP to promote LT.

But I agree, people here don't know what they're talking about. Saw the Rock Werchter review by Humo? It was sad beyond words! They asked a LP hater/new LP hater and made him write the review.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Never understood Concert reviews, no point what so ever. I just stay away from them

LinkinHypi

LinkinHypi Active Member

Haha hell no. The way he was screamin on Pinkpop.. I have never heard him like this before!

JJJ

JJJ New Member

Stino LPLeaks

StuBru indeed is searching for an ambassador but they only play BURN IT DOWN in "de afrekening", thanks to the votes of fans like us.
    And yeah, I read that review... twice! Just to be sure he went to the same concert as I did. Humo lost a lot of abonnees, I know why! :D

20. Spooky

Spooky Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.