What song got you into Linkin Park?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by ChuckCheese, May 24, 2012.

PandasFTW

PandasFTW Well-Known Member

Breaking The Habit in 2007 when i was 10. I always watched Dragon Ball AF videos and one of them included it.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Some of you guys are soooooooo young. Damn.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Damn indeed...

InvaderPhantom

InvaderPhantom Active Member

I probably heard In the End and Crawling on the radio before, but the first time Linkin Park really caught my attention was Somewhere I Belong in 2003. I remember being 8 years old, glued to the tv, watching the video for Somewhere I Belong for the first time and thinking to myself this had to be the greatest and most epic thing I have ever seen on tv. SIB quickly became my favorite song for at least a year. My parents bought me the single and it was the only CD I've ever had at that time so I listened to it non-stop in my room. :D Because I was freakin 8 I didn't really understand the concept of an album, so I thought all there was to LP was the stuff that was on the radio and on MTV, so I only knew the singles. I also had the Numb single and loved it but then I kinda "forgot" about them.

Then in 2007, a friend of mine came to my house with Minutes to Midnight. He told me to check it out, so we listened to it together and I remember absolutely tripping balls because of that ridiculously awesome 17-second scream in Given Up. So yeah, I bought Minutes to Midnight too, then every other album, and have been a real fan since.

I know Somewhere I Belong gets a lot of hate in this forum, but this song still holds a special place in my heart to this day. I know that looking back to it, the lyrics are pretty bad, and today I could live without it, but I used to think this song was so amazing, something I've never heard before. I thought the song was so deep because all I've ever heard to this point were the typical pop songs on the radio. I guess it really means something to me and was a part of my childhood. So I'm really happy they brought SIB back into their setlist.

Edit: Oh and before people are like "damn you're so young", I have to remind them that I'm 16 now, so I'm pretty much LP's main target audience. :rastamike:

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

Back when "In The End" was released, I saw the video on tv and have been utterly hooked ever since.

I suppose you could say I wasn't overly into any other band before hand, so in a way LP have truly been a life changing influence on my life Lol.

-Blinding Light-

-Blinding Light- Member

It was definately In The End and Numb back when I was a young fella in the early 00's ;)

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I first got into LP by listening to Hybrid Theory as a whole. I always listened to it. I was young so I never got my hands on or heard of their other album. I got bored and started listening to Green Day then got bored of them and listened to lots of different music. I was also the biggest Transformers fan and still am. When the movie I came out I loved that song. Thought ''it's by Linkin Park?'' :O I got MTM for my birthday and was hoping for songs with ''loud gu1tarz and sh1t!11!'' I loved Bleed it Out. Then when Shadow of the Day came on I was like ''I love this'' :D So I was addicted to that song and the album. I took a break from LP until New Divide and that's when I became the huge fan I am today where I have all their studio albums and one live album :D LP are amazing. Can't wait for Living things. I now prefer the softer songs like Burning in the Skies and Iridescent over ones like In The End and Burn it Down

Last edited: May 28, 2012
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

This made me laugh :lol:

Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

Well, Faint, watching a local TV Novel, in 2003. ;O

THIS:

[video=youtube;vbZt6l1nOZ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbZt6l1nOZ8[/video]

Last edited: May 28, 2012
    Kurotaiyou

Kurotaiyou Member

One Step Closer back in 2000. It was their only song on the radio and I think at the time I didn't know who it was by. I would sit by the radio for hours just hoping to hear it. Then in March 2001, I got Hybrid Theory for my birthday and once those first notes of Papercut started, my fandom was solidified.

Nathanleedavies94

Nathanleedavies94 Well-Known Member

I was playing guitar hero and the song What I've Done came up, and i really liked it, so told myself "should check out more songs from this band" which i did, and after listening to some of their songs on youtube i fell in love with them, and now Linkin Park is my fav band in the whole world <3 <3

Gabe Newell

Gabe Newell Banned

Points of Authority. In summer of 2001, my cousin put the Hybrid Theory CD on in the car when my uncle was driving me, my mom, my aunt, and my cousins down to Florida. I loved it.

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

somewhere i belong really impacted me and made me feel that i am not the only one thinking what i am thinking but later on i started to get drawn to "what i've done" since then i have been a linkin park addict :awesome:

-NodA-

-NodA- Well-Known Member

Very cool topic !

Well, when I was in High School (it was in 2001), I felt in love with the video game Final Fantasy 8 (my first RPG). I downloaded a fan video of the game with "Runaway" on it, I founded it epic. Actually I was more in rap at the time (french and us rap). I liked the song and it made me interested by nu-metal so I made a CD with some songs of LP's Hybrid Theory, Korn, System of a Down and Limp Bizkit (yeah Napster baby !).

When Metera came out in 2003, I listened Somewhere I Belong and I didn't like it. A few months after, I heard Numb on the radio and totally loved it. So I downloaded Meteora and Live In Texas, I think it's the moment I felt in love with LP. I've bought all their CD and embraced their new style.

Last edited: May 31, 2012
    Scofield_

Scofield_ Member

Humm, that's a good question. I think the first song I've heard from them was Numb/Encore, at the mtv I think, but at least It was the first one who made me stay addicted. After that, a few years later I downloaded Hybrid Theory and Meteora, and then I found the all thing. Musics like Breaking the Habit or Pushing Me Away held me to this great band till today. =)

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Papercut in 2002. It was the summer between 4th and 5th grade, I was 9 years old.

I had seen a commercial on Fuse TV for Linkin Park but had never heard their music. Then my family and I went on a summer cruise and the ship was renting out these cool new things called "iPods" and all we had to do was pick out some artists and they'd put the music on the iPod.

I remembered "Linkin Park" from Fuse TV, and anything on Fuse was cool so I chose them. Then when I got the iPod, I just pressed play.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

I always had the hit singles like In The End, Faint, and Breaking The Habit on a CD, but in 2007 with Shadow Of The Day I knew there was something special about this band.

Hrvman

Hrvman Well-Known Member

In the end :)

ak700

ak700 New Member

I heard In the end on my brother's iPod and was really impressed with the lyrics. I played the song for a hundred times then craved for more.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

aKaRiot

aKaRiot LP Fanboy

I heard In The End on the radio and I loved it.
    Then my friend brought "The CD from the guys who play In The End on the radio" to my house. Played 4 square with it playing in a boombox. Heard Papercut and it's been LP or die since.