Make the Music Video For BURN IT DOWN

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, May 31, 2012.

1. LiesGreedMisery

LiesGreedMisery Laos Greece Missouri

That's not what it's about, though. We agreed to donate it to charity because we couldn't think of a way to split up the money if this video (hypothetically) won. From what I can tell, nobody really cares about the money. My own point of view is just that it's cool to get a bunch of LP fans together for a big project, to see everyone collaborate. The prize money is just an afterthought.

2. UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

Well, count me in. This is interesting and I don't wanna miss it.

3. fabianto

fabianto 2+2=banana!

LGM i'm in!:)

4. LiesGreedMisery

Sounds great! If y'all could just PM me and let me know what verse you wanna do, that would be awesome. :awesome:

5. ZoeLinkingal

ZoeLinkingal The Unforgiving

It's just one or two line from one person, you want to get money from that?

Those who wish to win the money can enter their own video, no one's stopping them and no one will force them to donate the money to MFR. To say that LPA is pretending is just being - in your own very kind words- CHILDISHLY narrow-minded. I think you have met with destructive philanthropic experiences that's why you say that about our initiative.

HELLO~ With USD$5000 we can save more than 500 families with Power The World, have you thought of that? What is the "success" of this site in comparison to that?

Open up your mind and look beyond the reason before you judge others.

6. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I'll just ask a question.. Why the hell not? // Well LGM is the one who leads the idea of the big project around here, and if we're honest, it would be his call at the end of the day, but I personally don't care.

If I were to participate on my own, doing everything by myself, I would take the money if I hypothetically won, but I don't have the talent to do it, and if there was an idea around there that involves many fans, I'd get in it and I don't care if I get money or not because in the end it's not my video, but I would play a little part of it, and if it was the winner, seeing it in a worldwide premier would be enough of a reward.

I don't know what is your problem with people being selfless sometime. Why did I agree to put it into charity like MFR or PTW? Because I cannot donate myself.

And I don't think you come across as selfish, you come across as rude.

7. Stino LPLeaks

Stino LPLeaks Well-Known Member

I'm doing this for fun, I don't need that money! For me, the real reward would be to appear in the winning video.
    Till today, I've never donated some money to MFR but if I could support MFR with this competition, damn, count on me!

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  8. ZoeLinkingal

ZoeLinkingal The Unforgiving

Back on topic guys, just ignore him for now.

Okay well, as I suggested in shoutbox, a sunset/sunrise for the Burn It DOwn intro would be awesome because I feel that the BID intro is very cinematic. This is a very weak rendition of it at 12am:
    sunsetintro.jpg

Next, during instrumentals, you could have some clips of predators hunting like:
    tigerinstru.jpg eagleinstru.jpg
    Not done at 12am so you could totally see the quality here contrast with the coloured ones done just now. Did this a few months ago.

So, for the UP word in the song, we could pull clips from the FTI Music video where the kid shouts and everyone falls, a camera zoom out from a volcano eruption - Must have sparks flying and alot of smoke (fuck forgot to draw this!) etc.

One advise - Please dont use clips of buildings falling (or anything alike) when it sings "we cant wait to burn it down/burn it to the ground" because that is very cliche and literal (and unoriginal), i hope the video will be more... knowledgeable?

When it sings "And you were there at the turn.." we can have a clip of a sad backview of someone (preferably a girl) standing at the edge of a port/cliff as if she is suiciding and the person lip singing can be like a translucent overlay and when the part comes "caught in the burning glow..." we can have a clip from BID mv, preferably a part where Chester has his hands stick up or something. Can you imagine?

For the outro I would love to have a waterfall scene...
    waterfalloutro.jpg
    This one really sloppily drawn as im very tired.

So yea, what do you think of my suggestions? :)

9. LiesGreedMisery

Yes. Yes x 1000. I really like the idea of having someone standing at the edge of the cliff :3 I actually know just the place that would work for that, too!

10. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I like your idea!

11. Panagiotis Papagianni

Panagiotis Papagianni Stay Away From Me Motherfuckerrrrrrr

Hey guys I've made my video and i'd like to share it with you.Where can I upload the video?

12. chihuasG

chihuasG Well-Known Member

Try uploading it to YouTube or Vimeo.

13. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Not sure what the hell your problem is, but there was absolutely no need for this. You can infer you know what people's intentions are all you want but the fact of the matter is that you have no idea what they are. It was a nice gesture by LGM to suggest that the winnings be given to charity. It takes a lot of unselfishness to do something like that.

If most LP fans can't think for themselves, act childishly positive all the time and are annoying, then I don't know what you're doing fraternizing with them on these boards.

Check your attitude in the future, and keep super negative viewpoints to yourself. You should apologize to everyone you just insulted, but your silence for the remainder of this thread would be a good compromise. Enough.

14. Kameiko

Kameiko Ketchup Face

Neat! Nice drawings too :)

15. Spaedin

Spaedin Well-Known Member

Anyone know why you can't download the videos anymore? I started to yesterday but it got interrupted, now I don't see anywhere to download them from.

16. LizziCloverman

LizziCloverman The one that ruins any sausageparty

let's say i'd participate on LGM's video - will i still be able to do my own video?

* edit: cause i've got my own ideas xD

17. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I don't see why you couldn't.. :)

18. Panagiotis Papagianni

Panagiotis Papagianni Stay Away From Me Motherfuckerrrrrrr

19. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Yeah, go for it. :)

"This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it on copyright grounds" :eek:

20. Spaedin

Spaedin Well-Known Member

Is Warner trying to shut this thing down or something? :WTF: