LIES GREED MISERY REACTION THREAD

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Jayhov, May 24, 2012.

1. Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

"A Thousand Suns"was a point in Linkin Park's history that is untouchable. Won't be destroyed, won't be beaten. It's a pearl that won't be overcomed.

For comparison, think about Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of The Moon". Was the deepest, intense, evolutionary, best lyrically, most progressive structured and the farthest thing of what they've done before. But, even with the pass of years and the newest records, it doesn't was left behind. Its influence remained with the new projects, but wasn't repeated and its grandiosity has never been surpassed.

It's something to admire, but, like "Hybrid Theory", it will not be repeated and people have to stop to compare that, and every work they did before, to the upcoming things.

2. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

so here's timeline of my reactions:
    1 intro - wait is this Avril Lavigne? /facepalm/
    2 when Mike first said "I'm a be that n-n-n" I thought he is going for the N-word... seriously. but he didn't. what a relief :)
    3 first beat - aw shit, this sounds exactly like one of those trendy hip-hop/pop/rnb songs with huge (tribal) drums you see on MTV these days
    4 chorus - kinda random, nothing special, but not bad
    5 brigde - not bad, I like the screaming

overall, nothing special... If this wasn't an LP song, I would even bother listening to it twice

3. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Avril Lavigne, what you got against her? she is awesome and talented

4. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I have nothing against her, she is alright, I just hate when LP rip-off someone's music...

5. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I see where you're coming from, but to lump the songs in with pop music on the radio is being too stringent. That makes it sound like it's part of the continuum as mainstream pop acts that are on Billboard Top 10 but in actuality, most people who listen to the radio would immediately be turned off by the heavy guitars or screaming in a song, including something like LGM. Yes, LP songs have always had catchy hooks, and gotten a lot of airplay on rock radio stations but I don't think they're poppy enough i.e. bands like Foster the People/Coldplay, to be in the same category as ordinary mainstream pop music.
    I got this from the "same elements are used in a more experimental song with unfamiliar song structures" part of your post; not sure what other album you were referring to.
    I'd have to disagree, it's not as poppy as songs like LOATR, SOTD, WID, ND, WTFE, Iridescent, even BID. Those songs could honestly have come from much simpler pop-rock bands; they sound like they're made especially to be radio-friendly.

6. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Is it really too stringent? That's kind of what I was getting at when I was going on about seeing music as art/elitest whatever in my original post. After really getting into music and learning to appreciate it as art, I've sort of lost my ability to tell these things apart. Why should I think Lies Greed Misery is any less poppy than Burning In The Skies? They may appeal to different tastes (one to alternative rock fans, one to electronic music fans) but underlying all of that, they're both still pop tracks. Someone could just as easily say "Lies Greed Misery could honestly have come from much simpler electropop bands; it sounds like it's made especially to appeal to electronic pop trends in 2012."

To say one is less poppy because it's harder or more aggressive just seems nit-picky to me. Again, appealing to different tastes yes, but still super accessible and catchy. And again, I don't necessarily mind. I'm really into Lies Greed Misery.

7. Blake

I'm up to 283 plays on LGM already (and i've been really busy the past three days). so it was only Friday that it got majority of plays (177 plays).

8. Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

After getting over the initial surprise of the sound, I have come to really like it. Well,
    Most of it and the package as a whole.

I'm not a fan of mike's raps here. They are very similar to that of Wretches and Kings which I'm not a huge fan if. Just sounds a little cheesy personally. Once again, Chester delivers so well and saves the song and makes it so devilish lol.

As I said in another thread, it feels like a cross between Blackout and Wretches

9. Blake

424 plays on this song already, adn already my #2 LP song

10. Shelton Dsouza

Shelton Dsouza Member

whenever i hear the line "now let me show ya/exactly how the breaking point sound"
    only thing i can imagine is GOKU SSJ3 sayin dat to majin buu XD \m/

11. NateXY

NateXY I was by your side, powerless.

How the f-
    You're insane!

12. monixchi

monixchi "Nanishiteno?" --Яyo

At first I thought it was "What the..."
    Second time: "Ohhh"
    Third time: (this time I looked up the lyrics while listening to it) "Well that was not pretty bad. Pretty wild that makes you wanna shout with Chester."
    Fourth time: "It's like both of their side projects clashed into this song." :megusta:

13. Blake

now its 493 plays

and I'm not insane i just love the song

14. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Oh no you didn't!

15. shwcobb

shwcobb 持ち上げて 解き放して

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

16. Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

I heard it when I was driving home on the parkway and I was really, really impressed. No doubt LP is trying to bring back the energy. At first I was worried about the short length of the song, but it feels right. Mike's raps seem more raw. However, maybe it's just my car stereo (it's the only way I've heard it so far) but Chester's vocals are sort of unclear.

17. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

The song is awesome, I love it, it gets better everytime. /end.

18. lepetitpote

lepetitpote my presence is a present kiss my ass

First time listening: What the fuck...?

Now: One of the best, most creative, energetic and powerful songs ever made in the history of Linkin Park.

19. danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

I feel they kinda rushed with the mixing of this album. Both BID and LGM doesn't sound as good as a typical LP song sounds. Even in LGM at 1:46 you can hear a noise (before Chester sings) that it's usually deleted when you're mixing a song.

20. ak700

ak700 New Member

I doubt that this would be the album version. I know it's the same mp3 which was on Mike's USB and all that but, it seems abit incomplete. Chester's voice is unclear and I am not able to make a picture of it. But yeah its insane which Chester shouts in the second last verse.
    Also I don't understand that "You did it to yourself" part. I think it's unnecessary.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2