The song that impacted you the most lyrically

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Hrvman, May 17, 2012.

Lua C.P.

Lua C.P. Member

Dedicated. I don't really know why.:huh:
    I personally think that's not the best lyric and music LP had ever made. The best song lyrically for me is Burning In The Skies, but Dedicated impacted me the most.

KaitoKid

KaitoKid Lyricist

In Between - whole lyrics

LOATR "When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done, help me leave behind some reasons to be missed. Don't resent me when you're feeling empty keep me in your memory leave out all the rest"

lepetitpote

lepetitpote my presence is a present kiss my ass

Just listening to the Minutes to Midnight album again, The Little Things Give You Away makes me sad now I realise what the meaning of the song is :(

TheDudeFatJay

TheDudeFatJay Well-Known Member

Iridescent and No Roads Left. Those 2 songs made me cry manly tears :(

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Breaking the Habit, The Messenger, and Iridescent all have impacted me and helped lift my spirits before. Not so much BTH anymore, but it's still by far the most important song ever created to me.

Nathanleedavies94

Nathanleedavies94 Well-Known Member

Valentines Day, i cant even listen to that song anymore thanks to one girl :'( </3

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

Waiting for the End.

By far.

I was going through a breakup at the time the album dropped and I was listening to it for the first time all the way through and when Waiting for the End got to "The hardest part of ending is starting again" I was kind of... well... you get it.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I'm sure you can. Dude, you're only 17. You have the whole world in front of you. Grab it by the balls and use your weakness as a strength.

Nathanleedavies94

Nathanleedavies94 Well-Known Member

Wow, thanks (y). You know, Valentines Day was one of my favorite song from MTM, and I know I will cry if I listen to it again and it will bring back memories, but you know, its life shit happens, and like you said I'm only 17, I have my whole life ahead of me, so yeah I'm gonna be brave and I will listen to it tomorrow for the first time in 3 months. Thanks mate!

Volt-Age

Volt-Age Member

By Myself, Papercut and Given Up - they remind me of the battle that goes on in my head about my life and the people around me, the mistakes I make which leave me feeling like crap.. and how I'm my own worst enemy.

Also Iridescent, No Roads Left and Burning in the Skies.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
    Hybrid

No problem, dude! Begin the healing process. You'll look back on it one day and realize that her loss was your gain.

Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

In Pieces, Leave Out All the Rest and Burning in the Skies. When I was younger (just turned 26 last month) in the HT, Meteora days it probably would have been something like Forgotten and A Place For My Head. I'm generally more into mellow, thoughtful music nowadays than direct aggression.

Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

EDIT: I totally forgot of Papercut. It broke me inside and filled every empty space.

New Divide. Yes, you can kill me now.

I have reasons. And very close to it Breaking The Habit.

And now, LIES GREED MISERY is important too.

In truth, the song that most impacted me in all the ways, including lyrically, isn't from Linkin Park.
    This song is A Perfect Circle - The Noose. And that was the song that dredged me up into the shadows when my father died.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
    brianlp01

brianlp01 Well-Known Member

Pushing Me Away. that song helped me so much after a 2.5 year relationship ended. the live piano version specificly.

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

There was a time when I could relate to Somewhere I Belong (Yes, I know the lyrics are terrible, but I was like 12 or something and the message got across). But Waiting For The End hits a spot that no other song has yet, although Pushing Me Away and No Roads Left have come close.
    But the other day, I just randomly found myself relating to She Couldn't: "No matter what you think you did wrong, won't be long till everybody knows"

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
    The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

The Catalyst
    Robot Boy
    Pushing Me Away
    Leave Out all The Rest

Stino LPLeaks

Stino LPLeaks Well-Known Member

Breaking The Habit and No Roads Left mean a lot to me. Everyone has his personal problems and at a certain point you just want it to stop and leave it all behind but you just don't know how to do that. And in the end you reach a point where you can't avoid those probems anymore. That's how I interprete the lyrics.

Other lyrics I will always remember are from The Messenger: "When life leaves us blind, love keeps us kind". So true.

I tell people quite often that they don't realise how much music means to me. For most people, it's just a song. But for me, it's a way to "survive" those bad moments. When I heard the acoustic live version of Breaking The Habit for the first time, I cried... (Doesn't happen quite often so yeah, that song means a lot to me).

Hrvman

Hrvman Well-Known Member

Hey man, listen to my story

When I had my first heart break (big one, huuuuge one lol) I lived exactly what's written in In Pieces, when that b*tch left me,I was 19, I sent her the following lyrics so she can understand how much what she did was evil :rasberry:

Your lips say that you love
    Your eyes say that you hate

You promised me the sky
    Then toss me like a stone

You wrap me in your arms
    And chill me to the bone

Man, I couldn't listen to that song, it was all true, and there was another song in that album that was a little bit sad to listen, and that is Valentine's Day

But I took that song differentely, when listening to it I was like " there is no way I'm gonna be alone on a valentine's day again !"

And then I met the one, and figured out that last girl was just an illusion, I know you feel sad if you think about it, but let me tell you, I am 25 today, and freaking happy, because the girl that makes you sad, is not the girl that's made for you or even deserve you, you are 17, it took me almost 2 years to find the perfect girl after that other one left me, so please, listen to Valentine's day again, and feel confident that one day, you won't be alone, on a valentine's day :sweating:

Hybrid

Word! Thanks for sharing your story!

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

One song impacted me the most.

Iridescent.

I have said multiple times that this was not only my favorite Linkin Park song, but my favorite song ever. And for very good reason. I had a very hard bout with depression and really suffered through so much in my past. When I listened to the leak of ATS back in September, I really enjoyed most of the album...and then "Iridescent" came up and sealed the deal. Seriously. That was the first LP song that made me cry the first time through (and the second time through). It's like the band wrote the song specifically for me and everyone who went through what I went through. And I don't care what any of you guys say, but the gang vocals and the whole ending of the song are my favorite parts. I told myself "I found the perfect song." But I chose not to listen to it for a while, as it was too special for me to overplay.

A few months later, my girlfriend broke up with me over heart-breaking reasons to me. Of course, the two songs that really got me going were "Waiting for the End" and, yup, "Iridescent". That was the moment I started to overplay "Iridescent" (and I'm glad I did), and whenever that song pops up anywhere, I stop whatever I'm doing and just sing my heart out.

"Iridescent" was so special that I request this song to be the last song to play at my funeral when I die; that's how much this song means to me. A Thousand Suns was a total masterpiece, and once again, I thank Linkin Park for making the album of my life.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012