LIVING THINGS Release Day Challenge.

Discussion in 'News' started by JJ, Jun 6, 2012.

1. BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

Living Things comes out the same week I have to do community service at an old folks home, don't wanna play Linkin Park there or I may get into trouble for causing 85% of them to have heart attacks!

2. ZeboobelScott

ZeboobelScott Member

My opinion is that I have paid full price for this album. But LP themselves have leaked BID and lGM and made them readily available foc. I could have paid £10 from iTunes for the other ten songs separately got these 2 free and saved money. But I didn't I paid full price for the album. So if it leaks yes of course ill DL it. Why wouldn't I?

3. TheDudeFatJay

TheDudeFatJay Well-Known Member

I remember someone in these forums saying that we will be able to preview Living Things on Myspace one week before the release date. So that's the only way i can see it being ripped and then put out on the internet. I'm sorry Mike, as much as i love u guys, i just can't wait to hear it and if there's a leak somewhere before the release date i just have to check it out.

4. Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

I already pre-ordered Living Things on LinkinPark.com, but I think it will arrive ~2 weeks after the release date... I definitely can't wait so long. I think I'll get a free download on June 22, but I'm not sure. Now I wonder when I should listen to it... At June 22, when I hopefully get the download? If I don't get the download just use a leak? Or use a leak even earlier, as soon as it's available? Or just pre-order another CD, but on Amazon.de, so I get the CD on June 22 or even a day before? But that would cost me something, again... (In the moment 15,99EUR = ~20,16USD) :wacko:

5. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

Paid for the album multiple times? Do whatever the heck you want ;)

Though I don't think that is Mike's point - I think he just wants us to enjoy the excitement of 'OMG LT IS OUT TODAY LETS GOOOOOOO'

Probably also wants to make sure our first listen is a HQ file.

6. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

The band has been trying to get the LP community working together this whole album cycle with the puzzles and the Scavenger Hunt. This challenge is just another way of bringing fans together and it already seems to be working as many people are planning listening parties.

It would be awesome if we could legally stream this album online and have a huge chat with everyone in there at some point on the official US release day. I'm sure by that time many of us would have heard the album already via a leak or whatever, nevertheless it would be a cool idea. :)

7. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Ha ha cool, I hope you enjoy it doesn't matter if it's the next day. BTW loving your sig an avatar!

Yes that would be cool, I want to share the experience with other people but my friends are not into the music that I'm into, and I would be so down to an experience like the one we had on the shoutbox the other day for LGM :) .. If anyone's planning a chat or something let me know and I'll tell you if I can make it.

8. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Is not the day which is important I suppose, but just if the music is ready and in good quality. So for me, the waiting is not gonna happen: sorry Mike. I said to myself I would resist with ATS but I couldn't and it won't certainly happen now, where I dunno if this is either gonna be the best or, which I fear, worst album of LP's career. I must defeat my fear before June 26th.

EDIT: And I'm not that social person anyway to have a party XD I prefer to unpack my gifts alone actually and have peace around me, that's the best way to enjoy new things for me and music most of all. And then I share it with my significant other and I love it that way Mike :) But I'll purchase it as I always did, too.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  9. InvaderPhantom

InvaderPhantom Active Member

Whenever a new album of one of my favorite bands is released, the first thing I do is listening to it alone, without interruption, completely focusing on the music. It just feels so good having the CD in your hands, listening to it with your best headphones, closing your eyes and just experience every second of the new music that you will be listening to countless other times for the next years, maybe for the rest of your life. Without any interruption, which means I don't rewind or stop after a song, I just listen to it in one part. Then I listen to it a couple of times more, this time with repeating some songs because they're that awesome or rewinding back to a kickass part of the song.

THEN, after I really know the music, I listen to it with friends. Luckily most of my friends like Linkin Park because it's one of the go-to rock bands for German teenagers. Then we proceed to rock out to it.

If you listen to it for the first time with friends, it just feels kinda incomplete - I mean you listened to it, but if you rock out to it you don't really focus on the musical details or the lyrics, or you talk during the songs or have to stop it sometimes. Sorry, Mike. But I will not listen to the leak, I can promise you that because walking to the record store, buying the actual CD, going home all hyped and then listen to it with all your focus is just part of the experience. Listening to some probably low-quality rips just wouldn't be the same and not really rewarding for something that you've waited for for two years.

Seriously, we've been waiting for that album for so long (okay, two years is the shortest waiting period there has been for an LP album, but we still waited) and then you're gonna "ruin" your first listen with a leak that's low-quality? Waiting for something and then REALLY listen to it feels just so rewarding and complete.

10. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

22nd in Ireland? Yes!!!

11. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I can't think of a reason to not listen to the leak...

12. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

Same. After all, we paid? Well I have paid. I dont see why I have to wait longer if it leaks if you know what I mean.

13. witeken

witeken Banned

If you'd listen to the album before release (-22/06), you're not a HC LP fan ;).

14. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Wrong. I'm a hardcore LP fan, and I'd definitely listen to a leak. ;)

15. The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

Like I did with MtM and ATS i wont listen to a leak and buy the cd on the german release date on june, 22th after work and will blast it through my stereo, then I'll give myself a short break to think about my first impressions. Then I'll copy the album to my iphone and listen to it with headphones on my bed again. Then I'll wait for my second impressions. Then I'll check the LPA and all the album-ratings of the users here.

16. witeken

witeken Banned

Nope cause Mike hates people who listen to leaks ;). Did you read the message he sent after the leak of MTM?

17. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

The thread for LIVING THINGS is going to be massive, will be a lot of debate, arguments, drama, hopefully nobody will go out of it banned :lol:.

Release day is going to be a good day.

18. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

He said "if you're going to listen to it, make sure you listen to it in the right order, the way the band intended." Mike has never said he hates anyone who listens to leaks. He's not an idiot.

19. Clever Name

Clever Name Well-Known Member

When I watched a live video a few days ago, Mike said that 'We support free music, so go ahead and download it''

20. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Then he should hate 90% of LP's fanbase, and I don't think he does.