WHY do you like Linkin Park?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Delicious Dave, Jun 12, 2012.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

What about LP's music makes you love them? :) Lyrics, screaming? Chester's voice? Mike's rap? Relate to their lyrics? ETC

When I heard Hybrid Theory I loved them because they where loud and full of energy and sounded so different. But now I like them for a whole different reason altogether. I still love them for their variety and how original they sound. Their songs have emotion. Each song creates an image in my head. Like Shadow of the Day makes me imagine standing on the edge of a cliff watching a beautiful sunset over the ocean while Iridescent gives me the image of flying through the stars and clouds towards a glowing light. You also can't forget Chester's amazing voice. Mike and Chester's harmonies are amazing too. Mike is ridiculously multi talented. My favourite thing about them is their unpredictability. You never know what type of music they'll do next. Why do you like them(if I didn't just listen every single reason you could like them) :lol:

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Hey, a rap-rock band whose rapper doesn't have a stupid accent and is actually halfway decent!

Calvin

Calvin The rhythm projects 'round the next sound... LPA VIP

Originally, when I was more 'angsty', I'm gonna be completely honest and put it out there that I got into LP for their lyrics that lashed back at society in a way I never could. They were always the best at describing situations ever since Hybrid Theory when I thought no one thought the same way as me or felt the same way (like every other misunderstood teenager out there) but since I've loved them I've mellowed down a lot and instead of focusing on the negative, hopelessness of situations, with albums like Meteora and A Thousand Suns that offer advice rather than wallowing in the sorrow, I've applied a lot of their advice into my every day life. In a nutshell Linkin Park helped me to fight off negative emotions and generally becoming happier with ordinary life. I like them because although other bands can write descriptive lyrics or produce catchy beats, Linkin Park can do the whole shibang and still touch you after over a decade with a fresh style of conveying a message to their audience.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I must admit one of the main reason which made me like LP at first was Chester raspy voice associated with the heavy HT/Meteora guitars. I've always loved how well those 2 elements work together. There're tons of "generic" rock bands who always use heavy guitars, but those band's singers sometimes have a voice which don't really fit the heavy guitars. And I must admit I somehow miss those heavy guitars in LP new sound, even if a lot of people here won't agree with me.

But that's not the only reason I like LP of course :) One of the main thing is that mix of tons of music genres, and the fact I can't predict how each of their future releases will sound like. And there's also an "LP vibe", I can't really explain it...but there's a particular atmosphere in songs like Dedicated, High Voltage, My December, Lockjaw, Pale, I Have Not Begun, By Myself, What We Don't Know, Session, or more recently Tinfoil. There's no word I can put on that vibe, but I love it!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
    Calvin

Calvin The rhythm projects 'round the next sound... LPA VIP

Oh yeah for me theres that too. Definitely that.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I would say for a few very key reasons:

1. They have their own unique sound: NO other band sounds close to Linkin Park, and very few seem to have such a vast-sounding range of music

2. Absolutely relatable lyrics: I know everyone will say "I love them because I feel like their songs are written about me", but it's true.

3. Chester Bennington: The most underrated vocalist of the 21st century. This man can do INSANE things with his voice. And he has the most tasteful screaming voice I've ever heard. Nearly every other screamer out there seems to make my ears vomit in disgust.

4. The background noise: Although the band is often attacked for lack of technical guitar/bass/drum work etc, I find their layering work to be absolutely amazing! There's always new sounds to discover even 100 listens down the road.

5. Mike Shinoda: Plain and simple - I don't like rap. Mike however made me appreciate his work.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I just enjoyed the songs.

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

I don't even like Linkin Park

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

1. Their name was the coolest name EVER back in the old days.
    2. The music rocked.
    3. A singer AND a rapper?! I LOVE THIS.
    4. *in later years* "Linkin Park, you guys are my best friends." - Me in my dark times
    5. The fact that they always make predictably unpredictable music, which is what I love when done right. And LP certainly did it right for me.
    6. The band really was my gateway for music; without them, I wouldn't even be thinking about having a career in music.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I can tell you that listening to Linkin Park made me a music fan when I was little but the reason they've remained my favourite band since then has kind of evolved a little over the years.

Linkin Park have, throughout their career, made many different types of songs. What I mean by that is, for a fan, there's a Linkin Park song for just about anything; in a lot of ways, they cover a lot of bases, and that's true more and more with each release. :) On the same note, it's also important that they're always trying new things rather than being content with simply making carbon copies of their must successful work. There are many bands that lost me because their musical styles never changed between three or four albums. I'm in my twenties now; I'm not the same person I was when I was fourteen, and Linkin Park's music reflects that pretty well.

These are things that all my favourite bands have in common, to some extent, but none of them do as many things, or do them as well, as Linkin Park.

Additionally, when it comes to dealing with their fanbase, I think they do just about everything right. Pretty much everything they do makes good sense and shows a good understanding of their audience.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Chester's voice.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I've always had a personal connection to the music. And chester's screams give me chills to this day. Been listening to him for almost 10 years and I'm still in a awe of him.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Everything. :head:

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

Damn you! I was literally about to write the same thing with the same emoticon hahah :lol:

Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

When I first heard HT back in the day it was the synergy between Chester and Mike and the overall energy. I still like that now but with ATS now being my favorite LP album my favorite part of the band is their ability to meld even more types of music besides rock and hip hop into something interesting.

Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

1. Chester's voice is amazing.
    2. Mike's voice is amazing.
    3. Their music is unique, there's nothing quite like it.
    4. I can relate to the lyrics.
    5. Their songs go great with the video games I play, haha.
    6. I never get sick of their music!
    7. First all male band I ever liked.
    8. Every album is awesome!
    9. The scavenger hunt.
    10. Their songs actually mean something! You hear songs on the radio that are just about parties, drinking, drugs, and sex.

Cure4TheItch

Cure4TheItch I fuck up everything I see, fighting in futility.

I first heard Linkin Park on the radio when I was 9 or 10. I didn't know it then, but I had some anger pent up. Generally I was a nice kid, but I think being the last of 3 kids and always being the one on the outside took its toll. That's when LP became important.

With Hybrid Theory, it had already been out by the time I sought their music. But I liked every song I had heard, even My December, High Voltage and Carousel. Reanimation came out and reaffirmed my love for the unique blend of sounds.

While everyone makes fun of Meteora (at least on here), it is still my 2nd favorite LP album. Here's why:
    I was 12 when it came out. I remember being at the store with my mom when I saw the CD. I begged for her to buy it for me, and she agreed. I went home, put the CD in, and listened to if from front to back at least 7 times. I had officially fallen in love with the band. Lyrically, even though the album was incredibly angsty, as a 12 year old with some pent up anger because I felt overlooked, it was a godsend.

Then there was the gap between Meteora and MTM. I sort of lost touch with LP a little bit during this time, lightly kept up with Fort Minor. Then MTM came out, and I'll admit, I only liked it a little bit. It took me about a year and a half to fully appreciate what that album did. I used to hate the slow songs. Now, it's like I had fallen in love with the same band over again. I went on YouTube and researched all of the live and "making of" videos, and that's when I was inspired to make my own music. They went from my favorite band to my heroes.

Those feelings grew with A Thousand Suns. The way the band (specifically Mike Shinoda) engages with the fans is truly remarkable. It inspires me that maybe one day I could do the same. As a kid who writes songs, makes beats, raps and sings, Shinoda is the person I aspire to be. When they released ATS, it was the ballsiest thing they ever did. And I loved every second of it. I've listened to that album front to back for hundreds of times.

THOSE are the reasons I love Linkin Park. I've grown up with them. I understand the purpose of everything they do. I look up to them. I'm now 21 years old, and I still feel like the 12 year old that bought Meteora when I listen to them.

And to top it all off, they're the only band with a truly unique sound that transcends all genres. They're in a league of their own.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Minus isn't ''everyone'' :trollface:

lpfanhun

lpfanhun Banned

1. Because they're unique. Their sound, their personality. Tell me one band/artist who put a song like Little Things and a song like NMS into the same album. CRAZY.
    Tell me another band who release a CD every year with full of demos.(And rarely play them live).
    2. Lyrics, because it's simple and not in a same time. And I can relate to it.
    3. Chester's vocals, because it's amazing, Crawling, Given Up, Little Things, She Couldn't. He still can sing both softer and harder songs amazingly.
    4. Mike's rapping and singing. He's got some amazing lines like "With the twilight through the skylight, And the highlights on a frame of steel". And he's an amazing singer too, No Roads Left, In Between, Iridescent, BITS. I don't know what I like more about Mike, the rapper side or the singer.
    5. You never know how the next album will sound like.
    6. Why not, they're f*cking awesome!

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Nine Inch Nails. :lol: