What song got you into Linkin Park?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by ChuckCheese, May 24, 2012.

vanRoK

vanRoK Well-Known Member

when i was 12 a friend made me a cd with music videos in 2001(back in those day having any video working on your pc was like OMFG best thing ever lol ) and had on it Papercut and One step closer music videos, i was totally blown away by it.

the11thdoctor

the11thdoctor Resident Time Lord

Part of Me, back in early 2000. No idea how he got it, but my cousin had an original HTEP, and I thought it was f'n awesome. Then around early October that year, I started seeing ads on like MTV for Hybrid Theory coming out, and I was like "HOLY SHIT IT'S THEM!" lol Been hooked ever since.

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Way back in '02, the first song I heard was probably In the End or Place for My Head. But the song that really got me into them was With You.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

I used to listen to the backstreet boys when i was really young (4-6 years old). After they went on a hiatus I stopped listening to music as a whole. In 2005 I made an account on xanga (myspace-like relic) and decided to search up DBZ stuff on it. I came across 2 DBZ amv's with clips I had never seen of the show and the songs playing with them were "A Place For My Head" and "In The End". I wasn't as hooked with "In The End", but APFMH was absolutely amazing. I went onto youtube and searched more videos with APFMH and eventually found "Numb" which I also loved instantly. I had no internet and hated radio so I stopped listening to LP until 2007 When I saw some Naruto amv's with "What I've Done". I went to use the internet at the library everyday just to hear that song and recorded it onto my phone along with Numb, By Myself, and A Place For My Head. Haven't stopped listening to them since. So end of story, "A Place For My Head" got me into LP :D

HurQlez03

HurQlez03 Well-Known Member

In 2001 I was starting to hear One Step Closer and I thought this was an interesting one-hit wonder. Then I heard the song Crawling and I thought two-hits are fine from this band. But then after listening to In the End, combined with the 9-11 attacks, I was committed to Linkin Park. And they have not failed me since.

Kuya

Kuya New Member

Points Of Authority , one of their best song's. I think i was 10-12 years old.

SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

Crawling. I was introduced to the band thanks to my cousin who really used to love them back in the day.

mastae

mastae Some Honky

Was being driven home from school one day and In The End came on the radio. Changed my life forever. I wasn't into music until I was about 9 and I remember just being like I DIDN'T KNOW SOUNDS LIKE THESE EXISTED.

brianlp01

brianlp01 Well-Known Member

I was 12 years old when i saw In The End music video. Made my mom buy me the album about a month later since for some reason i could never remember there name lol. Changed my perception of music forever.

dhishqu

dhishqu tring tring..... Boom.

Crawling....
    Hated music alltogether b4.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

In the end

Requiem1394

Requiem1394 Well-Known Member

With You. I got a little demo tape when I saw them perform back in 2000. I was just a kid who thought it was cool that the guy in the band signed and gave me a tape. It had One Step Closer on one side and With You on the other. I didn't (and don't) care for OSC, but something about With You stuck with me at the show and I played that tape on damned repeat until I got the album a couple days later.

HIGH VOLTAGE

rlkx

rlkx Like an army falling, one by one by one..

In the end, one step closer, papercut, crawling, forgotten.
    All by early 2001

Gman2887

Gman2887 Well-Known Member

One Step Closer. The first song I heard from them.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

You win this thread.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

In The End. Still one of my favourites, but Crawling made me adore them.

kazekyou

kazekyou 持ち上げて、解放して

Back in the Hybrid Theory days, I remember seeing "One Step Closer" on MTV. At the time I was still developing my musical tastes, and initially I thought of them as angry idiots!

In Australia I don't think we got "Papercut" as a single, so the next song I heard "Crawling". The band started to grow on me (as did "One Step Closer"), but I still didn't really like them that much.

Finally, "In The End" came blasting on the radio, and from then I was hooked. I think it was "In The End"'s iconic piano melody that really got to me, since I play the piano. Something just clicked in my mind back at that moment; suddenly all of Linkin Park's music was brilliant. And "One Step Closer" became one of my most favourite tracks from LP, because it was what exposed me to the band and made me notice them.

ragsta

ragsta Well-Known Member

I saw the videoclip of In The End back in 2005 early in the morning right before going to school (I was like 14 years old).
    I wrote down the title of the song so I could download it later when I got home from school. Then I found out that tracks like Breaking the Habit, Crawling and One Step Closer also came from this same band. Since that day I was sold.

20. AThousandSuns

AThousandSuns Member

The first song I remember consciously listening to them was Don't Stay when a friend told me to check out the song on the website.