New LIVING THINGS Previews of LOST IN THE ECHO, SKIN TO BONE, CASTLE OF GLASS + More

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 15, 2012.

1. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

You know how awesome LT is gonna be? I already see some IWANTNUMETALLP fans convert from their ignorant ways.

2. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

[​IMG]

3. Figure.2012

Figure.2012 I'MA ROBOT BOY!

Sounds AWESOME! Chester is REALLY excited about this album isn't he? Hahaha

"IT'S INSANE!!!" XD

All of the songs sound amazing, wasn't fond of Castle of Glass at first, I thought it would have a "POW!" effect, kinda like the chorus of Burn It Down but its a lot different. The song afterwards though....wow, whatever that is, I'm speechless cause' that is now the one I'm looking forward to the most!

Might be Powerless? Anybody though that? Seems to have that kinda "ending" feel to it :D

4. KrylonShadow

KrylonShadow Well-Known Member

Definitely loving Lost In The Echo, I think that will be one of the almost-unanimous favorites on this album.

I like this comparison, mainly because WTCFM is my fav track on ATS and I'm liking Skin To Bone, and similarly, I'm not particularly fond of WFTE and doesn't sound like I'll care for Castle Of Glass either.
    The song before Burn It Down sounds...wonderful. Whatever it is, probably Until It Breaks based on that one article that says it has a "choir-y outro" but regardless, that track is gonna be a hit.

We've now heard at least snippets of all but 3 songs on the album.
    I think a lot of people are itching to hear Victimized, LP's "heaviest track ever" which will be a nice break from the electro/folk/ballad aspects of the album. Well, it could be heavily electro but I'm still hoping for Brad to rock his head off.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  5. Denny

Denny @Jackethx

I love Castle of Glass. It sounds like everything I wanted it to be :D

6. Nutt

Nutt Member

Holding on from listening to any previews.
    BTW: Anyone else who's not listening to snippets watched the video on mute in case of interesting footage ? xD

7. Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

:ditto:

8. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Oh...shit. It just got real.

Okay, first and foremost, the Lost in the Echo intro still sounds incredible. Definitely going to be a beast of an opener.

After that...FUCK. So much awesomeness. Skin to Bone sounds absolutely incredible. Tripped out? Hell yeah. But it sounds so dark and moody. And what the fuck Linkin Park? There's literally nothing they won't try. Castle of Glass sounded like an electro/folk/uptempo kind of song. Loved it. And I'm dying to know what that song was after COG, because that sounded like the best of the songs played in the video.

I've been a fan of this band since 2000 when Hybrid Theory came out and In The End was their newest single. And, after those 12 years of following the band, I can say I haven't been this excited for one of their albums EVER. Living Things is going to be amazing.

9. PaulGardinerLP

PaulGardinerLP Well-Known Member

This is an excellent promo! Tell me, have there been any TV adverts for this album anywhere in the world? I don't watch much TV so haven't seen one at all.

10. YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Not gonna listen to it either. It's nice to see that it's bringing so many positive opinions though :)

11. Denny

Denny @Jackethx

Will this album be good? NOT EVEN CLOSE! :WTF:

12. lepetitpote

lepetitpote my presence is a present kiss my ass

Well what can I say?

Dat fuckin beat in Skin to Bone... jizztastic as fuck. This, besides Lost in the Echo, are my new "songs I'm looking forward to"

Also love the new folk sound in Castle of Glass even though I'm not so much a fan of the genre

By this rate, this looks to be a highly incredible album

13. deadbysunrise

deadbysunrise Well-Known Member

Okay, every sample we've got so far sounds better than BID and LGM. And though I find BID a bit mediocre, LGM is an incredible track. LIVING THINGS finally got me fully excited! And, as we can hear, the creativity from ATS is far from lost, which is something I was afraid of. Can't wait to listen to it!

14. Denny

Denny @Jackethx

:ditto: :ditto: :ditto:

On another point, I just wet myself with excitement.

15. lepetitpote

lepetitpote my presence is a present kiss my ass

Also, I like the way Chester says 'Skin to bone' in Skin to Bone. Just the way I wanted

16. lpfanhun

lpfanhun Banned

I'm a fan of all the songs we heard so far, but Castle of Glass is the shit.

17. xEsaul

xEsaul Well-Known Member

I'm disappointed. And to be honest, I don't know why. I'm not sure what I expected from the album. I love Linkin Park, I already pre-ordered the CD, but I'm just meh about it. I enjoyed Burn it Down, and LOVED Lies Greed Misery, but I'm still just meh. I wanted Castle of Glass to be my favorite from the title of the song alone, but hearing the snippet I can't help but feel let down. I loved A Thousand Suns, it's my favorite from them. I was hoping they'd have done what Kanye did for My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and made a short film with it. Even though Mike says it's not really a concept album, I treat it like one. I've imagined different things from the album with each listen. I wanted another concept-like album with Living Things. :\

Actually funny enough...I hated A Thousand Suns the first few listens until it grew on me. I'm hoping the same with Living Things. :\

18. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Until It Breaks with Chester 'oh'ing' the chorus and Mike rapping in between is fucking cool. I love it. He even sounds like the HT era. Man, it'll be so great. I can't wait.

Castle of Glass is up there with Waiting for the End with the most beautiful shit I've heard from them. It's THAT fucking good.

Skin to Bone I'm mixed about right now, it has synths similar to WTCFM, which should make it the shit, but this snippet doesn't fill me yet.

19. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

I thought ATS was very specifically a concept album? :S (Unless you're referring to LT)

20. KrylonShadow

KrylonShadow Well-Known Member

Fixed.

Just kidding, I don't think it sounds bad, but it's the most generic sounding track I've heard from LP, that's for sure. Maybe the full song will surprise me, but based on the percussion beat, chord progression and vocal melody, it just sounds terribly generic.

There's always a track on each LP album that everyone loves but I would never consider one of my favorites. Breaking the Habit, Shadow of the Day, Waiting for the End, and I'm guessing Castle of Glass will be the one this time. Oh, of course, Hybrid Theory has no such song, it remains the perfect album.