LIVING THINGS STREAMING IN FULL ON ITUNES NOW!

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Jun 15, 2012.

1. LP_A_THOUSAND_SUNS

LP_A_THOUSAND_SUNS New Member

Wow, i love every song on this album!!! It's weird though, about half the songs have more of an electronic influence than LP's last albums, and the other half have a prominent folk influence. Haha i never thought that LP would ever do folk, but it sounds amazing, some of the best songs on the album... and i hate most folk music!

2. Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

If this album doesn't win a Grammy next year I'm gonna fuckin lose it. It's so good. Hopefully this is the album that simultaneously brings the fan base back together and shuts up the people pining for HT3

3. Linkin_way

Linkin_way LPA VIP LPA VIP

Album has been officially LEAKED guys !

4. the11thdoctor

the11thdoctor Resident Time Lord

Wait, which one's Brad singing on?

5. The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

I just listened one time to the tracks, but SKIN TO BONE was in my top 3 list.

6. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

7. DaMU

DaMU Well-Known Member

"Until It Breaks," which is kind of an insane song, even before you get to Brad.

8. lpfanhun

lpfanhun Banned

Until It Breaks

9. Hybrid_Xero_21

Hybrid_Xero_21 Member

Has anyone successfully found a rip of the stream? That doesn't contain just random songs?

10. the11thdoctor

Oh ok... I'm on Skin to Bone right now... This album is kicking my ass!

11. the11thdoctor

I have. :D

Edit: Apologies for the double post, didn't realize nobody had posted after me... Oops! :(

12. MicCarrera

MicCarrera Well-Known Member

I thought Castle of Glass would be the worse song off the album. Holy Shit I was wrong.

13. Kurotaiyou

Kurotaiyou Member

The US Store wont let me listen to it. Is it still working else where?

14. Yurieff

Yurieff Meow. :3

Roads
    Un
    Fucking
    Traveled.

15. linkin park's most solid work hands down. Wow, I'm loving Castle of Glass.
    I am not finding any filler songs so far.

16. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Nice, thank you :)

17. Zumi

Zumi Sanji-like

OFFICIALLY? Where?

18. pompo

pompo ¬¬

I love I'll be gone and victimized..
    until it breaks and powerless are just epic! [​IMG]

19. fio1310

fio1310 Well-Known Member

Sooo who's up for a first impression album review? I have only heard it once so not many lyrics will be quoted here.

Lost In The Echo: 10/10 what can i say, perfect opener. From the moment that bass kicks in with the thunderous melody, you are in dreamland. Mike's rapping is phenomenal, and Chester's singing is.. well it's Chester. Amazing opener.

In My Remains: 10/10 A Chester-dominated track, lovely singing again, something of a slightly heavier Shadow of the day. Soft, poetic, yet packs a punch. Then there's THE break with Mike coming in, singing 'like an army falling one by one by one', sends chills down the spine. Amazing track.

Burn It Down: 8/10 No need for description, but a brilliant track nontheless in the context of the album.

Lies greed misery: 8/10 You all know it, maybe not the best song, but still powerful, an adrenaline rush, with some more great rapping from Mike.

I'll Be Gone: 9/10 Again a Chester-dominated track. Great singing once again. One of the more straightforward songs on the album, along with Burn it down, but Chester elevates it with his singing.

Castle Of Glass: 9/10 I'd been waiting to hear this track for a while, and it didnt dissapoint! Mike starts it off, very softly, and quite folky. The lyrics in this song are lovely and peaceful. Then Chester joins in and the harmonies are just superb. Lovely lovely song, and one that will grow on me.

Victimized: 8/10 Okay what the hell just happened here?? In a way one of the songs that reminds me the most of ATS for it's sheer audacity, and strangeness. Goes from Mike quite soft at the beginning to Chester screaming his head off, and what sounds like a fantastic guitar solo from Brad. Gonna need to listen to it again definitely.

Roads Untravelled: 8,5/10 Someone here described it as perfect for the ending of a cowboy movie, and i totally agree. Peaceful, calm, yet sort of epic. Another grower. Lovely singing from both Mike and Chester.

Skin To Bone: 7/10 I don't dislike this track, but i need to hear it again. Very catchy sound, Mike singing about 'Ash to ash, dust to dust' before Chester comes in. A grower, i think.

Until it Breaks: 8,5/10 Very weird song, quite jarring. Mike rapping first with a reggae-style beat, and then the verse that we've heard live. Different sections, culminating with Brad singing about his body bending until it breaks. He sings surprisingly well. Another grower, definitely.

Tinfoil: 5/10 My only dissapointment of the album. I kind of hoped it would be a bit more special than this, but i guess it does act more as an intro for Powerless rather than as a standalone song.

Powerless: 9/10 Perfect closer. Epic, Chester singing beautifully again (how many times have we said that about him??). Starting from a gentle piano, it gradually builds into an epic ending, and leaves us to reflect on a magnificent album.

20. Freddie92

Freddie92 Member

Sometimes i really hate living in Norway......