LIVING THINGS STREAMING IN FULL ON ITUNES NOW!

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Jun 15, 2012.

1. tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

I don't know if someone ralized or have said this before, but there's a verse by Chester on UNTIL IT BREAKS that is like Mike's rap part on the beginning of Blackbirds, reworked:

"Give me the strength of the rising sun
    Give me the truth of the words unsung
    And when the last bells ring, the poor men sing
    Bring me to kingdom come"

2. What I absolutely love about this album is that this album is so strong. Every single track (except victimized and tinfoil) are single-worthy. Wow.

3. TheJenk

TheJenk Banned

LOST IN THE ECHO / ROADS UNTRAVELED / POWERLESS are my favorites. Mike's verses are filthy!! :leak:

4. tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

WTF???
    It is Brad singing the final part of UNTIL IT BREAKS????????:WTF:

5. Currently listening...Will have a review later :D

6. mastae

mastae Some Honky

Again... Castle of Glass needs to be a fucking single. My god... I can't get over how good that song is.

"Cause I'm only a crack in this castle of glass hardly anything else I need to be" <--- Fucking beautiful.

Totally is. He also sounds like he could hold his own as a vocalist too. Jesus christ, I love LP.

7. regulusplusone

regulusplusone Well-Known Member

It's like all of them sat down in the studio and Mike said, "Alright guys, let's make some singles and put them all on one record with an instrumental near the end to break up the incredible awesomeness."

This album is just really, really good.

8. mastae

mastae Some Honky

I'm going to be really disappointed if COG and RU don't become singles. I know they're the more down tempo songs, but my god, they are some of the best songs LP has ever written.

I know I'll Be Gone is going to probably be a single, and I'm already disappointed with that, because in contrast with the latter tracks, it's one of the weaker ones on the album (although still a strong track).

9. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

So I started listening to LT around midnight and it's 4AM right now...The sun is rising and I'm not even considering stopping listening to it anytime soon... Good times

10. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I agree about I'll Be Gone, but unfortunately singles aren't about being "the best", they're about capturing attention of the mainstream.

And before anyone contradicts with me with The Catalyst, that was the clear exception. :p

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  11. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

As much as im loving LITE right now, papercut is still the best song opener of any LP album hands down.

12. Danny LP

Danny LP Member

how do you enter the shout box?

13. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

i declare a tie/draw

14. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

you type in the chat box above it? It's not rocket science. :potato:

15. arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

Skin To Bone is SEXY, first time i use that word for a LP song

16. nscoope

nscoope Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't think any album opener will ever beat Papercut but LITE comes damn close. After just one listen, my favorite Living Things songs are Lost In the Echo, Castle Of Glass, Skin to Bone, and Powerless. I love every song on the album so it's hard to put any of them above the rest but those 4 really stood out to me. This album definitely exceeded my expectations. I absolutely LOVED A Thousand Suns and I was worried that the next album would disappoint me no matter what just because of how awesome ATS is but Living Things is a fuckin beast of an album! Way to go LP, you never disappoint!

17. tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

22071822.jpg

18. Cely_lp

Cely_lp Well-Known Member

Roads Untraveled is really growing up on me. It's a 9/10 now :awesome:

19. Ok...just finished listening to the Album and here are my notes.

Lost in the Echo: 9/10

~ Intro track, with some nice drum work, great Rap verses and deep choruses. Nice electronic sample sounds.

In my remains 10/10
    ~Easily my Favourite on the Album! Nice simple and clean guitar riffs with Powerful vocals by Chester. Mike's verses are a perfect fit in the song.

Burn it Down 8/10
    ~ We all know!

Lies Greed Misery 7.5/10
    ~We all know as well!

I'll be gone 8.5/10
    ~Has a bit of a "punk" side to it. Pretty standard LP material

Castle Of Glass 10/10
    ~Second best song on the album. It has a really sweet tune with some epic vocal performances from our vocalists :D

Victimized 7.5/10
    ~Wierd Electro rock intro followed by a "nursery rhyme like" verse by Mike then it jumps to Chester screaming his lungs out...moving straight to Mike who hits some awesome Rap notes and ends with Weird Electro rock outro

Roads Untraveled 8/10
    ~Nice ballad that slowly builds up to the bridge with some really nice accompanying hymns

Skin to Bone 8/10
    ~Has a kind off Indian drum beat to it with some wierd electro pieces. Great vocals as usual

Until it breaks 7.5/10

~Electro Hip Hop by Mike followed by Chester's Folk chorus and ends with Brad singing (I was impressed actually!)

Tinfoil 8.5/10

~ An awesome instrumental which sounds like a mix of Wake and Session.

Powerless 10/10
    ~My third favourite...just perfect for a closing song. Starts off like Burning in the Skies and ends in awesome hymns, slick Guitar Riffs and Chester echoing Powerless...

All in all...it's a MASTERPIECE of an album. Can't wait to buy it in stores on the 26th :D

20. lpfan89

lpfan89 You will pay for what you've done

My mouth is dry as hell due to the fact that my jaw has been on the floor for hours now. This album is beyond amazing in my opinion. It may even beat Meteora as my favorite album, MAY! But I doubt it :p This album has everything. And I mean everything. Rapping, screaming, slow singing, heavy guitars, singing guitarist (Brad rocked that song), heavy drums, lots of electro feeling, even a song that straight up felt like a hip hop song. This will be on repeat until October when the new Three Days Grace album comes out!