LIVING THINGS STREAMING IN FULL ON ITUNES NOW!

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Jun 15, 2012.

1. KiAllen

KiAllen Well-Known Member

Having listened to the whole album, Castle of Glass is definitely the stand out for me. One of my favourite songs they've ever written.

My favourite verse on the album though is Mike's third verse on Until It Breaks. So damn good.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  2. Cure4thItch

Cure4thItch BEST IN THE WORLD

But I said bass, not drums....(though, glad to hear theres some real drumming to be found!)

3. LP owl

LP owl New Member

:dafuq: Does anyone else think that Brad's singing in UIB sounds like Bon Ivor

4. LP owl

LP owl New Member

This album is great.. but as I sit here and listen, I really appreciate "A thousand Suns". That album is so incredibly unique. It truly takes you from one place to another.

I'm not one of those people who will try to compare this to what LP did over a decade ago. It is pointless, everything is different now. Whenever there is a new album I always read people saying how amazing it is only to see it rated on the bottom of their all time LP list. it wasnt too long ago everyone was saying how ATS was their best work, just as MTM before it. The truth is, none of these albums would have existed without its predecessor. LP is just as unique as they were in 98.. wow, its been quite the journey.

5. Geki

Geki >.

SKIN TO BONE and UNTIL IT BREAKS were what I wanted ATS to be...

6. regulusplusone

regulusplusone Well-Known Member

I was JUST thinking this.
    I watched their "PILEDRIVER" video on YouTube and one of the suggested videos on the side was the making of the Burning In The Skies music video, and so I watched it and then watched the actual music video for it and it totally put me in a different place. Like... Having listened to LIVING THINGS and knowing what they're capable of producing sound-wise after going out on that experimental/conceptual tangent with A Thousand Suns, it literally gave me chills to listen to Burning In The Skies again. :WTF:

7. 6161

6161 Well-Known Member

IMHO the "like that" words is kinda mike's signature.

8. YKA

YKA Well-Known Member

relistening to LT over and over again i really appreciate mikes stronger presence. his voice has something so hypnotizing, i go like WHOA listening to songs like castle of glass

9. regulusplusone

regulusplusone Well-Known Member

It's funny to think that when we first heard him actually sing on Minutes to Midnight there were some folks who really hated it and thought it was bad... Oh how times have changed!

10. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Shit I'm good, haven't cracked yet...

11. DarkWolf08

DarkWolf08 Well-Known Member

LOST IN THE ECHO 10
    IN MY REMAINS 9.5
    BURN IT DOWN 10
    LIES GREED MISERY 9.5
    I'LL BE GONE 10
    CASTLE OF GLASS 9
    VICTIMIZED 9.5
    ROADS UNTRAVELED 9.5
    SKIN TO BONE 10
    UNTIL IT BREAKS 8.5
    TINFOIL 10
    POWERLESS 10

I FUCKING LOVE THIS ALBUM! :headbang: :obama:
    I GIVE THIS ALBUM A 9.6!

12. Cure4thItch

Cure4thItch BEST IN THE WORLD

We stand strong, brother!

13. AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

kinda off topic, but is the pre order option on lp's official site over? I tried to preorder now and it said something like "we can't ship you're order to your country"...although the preorder thing is worldwide. kinda sucks..:(

14. jordanW241

jordanW241 Well-Known Member

Really love the new album, it's the perfect blend of everything LP are good at. At the moment, Roads Untravelled is my favourite song, which is strange because I usually prefer the more 'energetic' stuff. Can't fault any of it though really.

I'm listening to ATS again as I type this though, and I'm struggling to work out what album I prefer. From start to finish, or as an 'experience', I don't think LT beats ATS, but as a collection of individual songs, perhaps it does. I can see myself listening to individual songs as and when I feel like it from LT, but if I were to sit down and listen to one from start to finish, I think ATS clinches it. That's fine though, since they were evidently created for different purposes.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to hearing some of the new songs live - particularly Until it Breaks, I'm wondering if Brad will actually sing on his own or whether it'll be a gang vocal with him layered behind Mike and Chester... I'd definitely like to hear him make his solo vocal debut :p

15. Calvin

Calvin The rhythm projects 'round the next sound... LPA VIP

Am I alone thinking Victimized sounds like Behind Your Lies/Qwerty? Mike's rapping voice is basically identical between the songs and Chester's screaming chorus is also similar.

16. CloserStep

CloserStep Ash to ashes, dust to dust

Does anybody feel like the reviews that are out describe the songs in a way that neglects their heavy edge and makes them sound like all light and electronicy?

17. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I ask this same question, but specifically about bass guitar.

18. Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

That is why i don't like much of ATS live. Blackout is a perfect example. Such a dynamic song but during the live performances all but Chester are behind keyboards (and drums).

19. Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

From the reviews i have read people undersell the the epicness of ROADS UNTRAVELED or not even mention it. It feels like an epic 6+ minute ballad from the early 70's wrapped unto 3:50. I do think that is the best song on the album (in close contention with IN MY REMAINS).

20. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm listening to a different song but I don't see how one could compare Roads Untraveled to an early 70s ballad. Heck, it doesn't even sound like folk.

Edit: I can see how Castle of Glass *might* get some influence from folk or Americana (the tempo sounds Dylan-y and the lyrics are "bayou"), but apart from that I don't see it here either.