Artwork

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by GUNDAM, Jun 18, 2012.

GUNDAM

GUNDAM New Member

So I know there were comments made by LP on the subtlety of the artwork and how the fans would "get" it. So I would like to hear what people think about it now after (some of) you have heard the music behind it.

Personally, I like to think view the tearing on the cover as some sort of "mummy bandages' or a "cocoon". With the cocoon concept. I thought the "shedding" of the cocoon would not only relate to their new advanced sound, but the reversion to the early Hybrid Theory sound. Because when a caterpillar leaves its cocoon, it grows wings! (And apparently becomes a human soldier with butterfly wings ;))

now for you guys' thoughts :)

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

The way I see it is its as a phoenix, its burning ashes are lifting off and represents rebirth, but it will never be the same as before, but will turn into something better

millertd0513

millertd0513 Member

Loved the artwork from day 1, and always saw it as a human being exposing different layers of their lives. This was, of course, after hearing the band had fused all their styles together, and heard the album title.

Now, after hearing the album, it just solidifies every notion I had conceived about the art.