Michael Jackson - Bad 25 Deluxe release

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Broman, Jun 14, 2012.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Asides from Linkin Park, I have a grand obsession for the King of Pop's work. My favorite albums are Invincible and Bad. This year, Sony has announced that they will be releasing Bad 25 (name was copied from Thriller 25 with same concept), a deluxe compilation of 3 cds, 1 dvd and 2 booklets. The 1st cd will include the original songs from the 1987 release of Bad in a remastered state. The 2nd cd will contain unreleased songs and demos from the Bad recording session as well as remixed tracks by various DJs such as A-Trekk, Afrojack, Skrillex, etc. the 3rd cd will have multitrack live recordings from Michael's Bad World Tour performance on July 16th, 1988. The dvd will be the footage from the July 16th performance found in Michael's personal vhs collection, which will be enhanced audio and visually, but left as Michael intended it to be as well as his songs. The 2 booklets will have phootshoot images, recording session pictures and live performance shots never before seen along with 1 poster of Michael from his Bad album photoshoot. All this comes down to be $44.99 and has a release date set for September 18th, 2012. Are any of you interested in hearing the King of Pop's new material or perhaps you have already heard the "Michael" album from 2012 and lost hope in Sony's truthfulness?

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

Skrillex and MJ? Sigh...

oh god, the producers better not screw up the MJ tracks like on the last album. They overused melodyne and the whole album (except Hold my hand and the song with lionel richie) sounded awful.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

I don't believe those were actually MJ's vocals, not generic enough, but as badly set up as "Michael" was set up, it did have some highlights like Hold My Hand and Hollywood Tonight

nscoope

nscoope Well-Known Member

Yeeeeah this sounds awesome! I love me some MJ and "Bad" is a great album.

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

I'm very excited for this. I also don't believe that the Cascio songs were Michael's actual lead vocals and I hope the rest don't get released.