What bands are the CLOSEST in similarity to the HT/Meteora LP?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by ochocincorice, Jun 17, 2012.

ochocincorice

ochocincorice Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is the right section to post this in or not. If it's not, I am sorry and hopefully someone will move it.

But I was thinking about it and what other bands are the closest to having that unique old LP signature sound (crunching guitar riffs, rap/rock style, screaming (but nothing ridiculous))?

I am in the mood for downloading new music and old LP is my absolute favorite sound.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

no one

ochocincorice

There are some bands CLOSEST in similarity, I know none will be just like them...

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

High and Mighty Color is very similar in style, though they also veer into straight-up pop-rock. And they sing in Japanese. Red has the Linkin Park atmosphere down, but they don't have rapping. There's Thousand Foot Krutch and 38th Parallel, but those are Christian bands. In fact, so is Red.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Well, there's this:

[video=youtube;sXqFRjWe0Ic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXqFRjWe0Ic[/video]

Or this

[video=youtube;pdoIs1jZbCY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdoIs1jZbCY[/video]

Or this

[video=youtube;5zJJidE17Ks]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zJJidE17Ks[/video]

Or this, kind of a turkish old-Linkin Park

[video=youtube;arwpJv6aNW4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arwpJv6aNW4[/video]

You're welcome!

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

In style: early Papa Roach, Adema, Crazy Town, P.O.D, Taproot,
    In quality: none

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

There's also this Pakistani band called Entity Paradigm, which can be best described as an amalgam of Tool and Linkin Park.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Actually, there is a nu metal band called "No one" but I'm assuming you're not referring to them :D

ochocincorice

Thanks for the replies!

High and Mighty Color - not really my thing since it's a different language
    Red - listened to them before, they've got some solid stuff, will re-check them but a lotta mainstream rock if i remember correctly
    Thousand Foot Krutch - Great band. I have all their albums except for their newest one. Good stuff.
    38th parallel - not too familiar, they seem alright though. I'll check them out. Not sure if I like the Christian influences though
    Dangerkids - these guys seem pretty legit, and I see that they are newer. I like what I've heard so far, great find. Don't love the super heavy screaming though
    Hollywood Undead - already a favorite band of mine since their myspace days, they are awesome
    Blue Stahli - another guy I've never heard of, sounds pretty cool, will check him out too. Love that ultraNUMB song, shit's sick
    Bitti Ruya - not really a fan for the same reason as High and Mighty colors
    Papa Roach (early) - this was good shit, i remember those days, don't like them at all now though
    Adema - solid stuff, something about them I don't really like though, just can't point the finger
    Crazy Town - man I wish they stayed together
    P.O.D. - used to like their stuff back in early 2000's, but then they kinda went mainstream rock
    Taproot - unique band, don't know too much of their stuff so I will listen more to them as well

Thanks people, open for more suggestions!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
    Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

That really does sound like an imitation of Linkin Park haha. Wow.

This. They can all have similar styles, but the quality of music Linkin Park produces (old or new) is so much better than those bands. Even meteora is better than Papa Roach's best albums.

giordanno92

giordanno92 Active Member

Dry Cell
    [video=youtube;oa07QFQhK6w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa07QFQhK6w[/video]

There was even some trolling before ATS, somebody came with one of their songs claiming it was a LP Demo, Jeff Gutt really sounds simliar to Chester. Too bad the band is not together for a new record. In case you're interested, look for Disconnected and Dry Cell demos.

Scott D

Scott D Well-Known Member

Purge it, with Fire! HU is... bad.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
    Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Red most definitely. I stumbled upon them last fall in the draught of new Linkin Park music. Other than the lack of rapping, they have the Linkin Park style down-packed. Actually I find some of the atmosphere in their latest music to be superior to what was seen in Hybrid Theory/Meteora. If any band that truly evolved the nu-metal genre and trying pushing it forward, I feel like it's Red. This song in particular:

[video=youtube;qBWBlyjmCBs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBWBlyjmCBs[/video]

It made me wish Linkin Park would bring out another nu-metal song to see just how far they could evolve and blow Red outta the water.

Then Lost In The Echo was released, and all was well in the universe.

LeoMPhillyFan

LeoMPhillyFan Well-Known Member

Limp Bizkit
    Hollywood Undead
    Incubus (Make Yourself and earlier)
    Dangerkids

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
    Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

We be innovatin' while the rest be imitatin'. . . In other words, your gonna find other rap/rock groups but they all blow

zorrodude

zorrodude Well-Known Member

That Dangerkids song referenced Linkin Park and Innerpartysystem (both toured together) so I see where they get their influence. Also both happen to be in my top 3 favorite bands of all times (Linkin Park, Innerpartysystem, and Nine Inch Nails being 3rd) But I'm not sure I can go back to listening Nu-metal like that. I mean don't get me wrong, HT is still my all time favorite album, and if Linkin Park ever made another album that sounded like HT I would jizz all over the place and love it to death. But I know they won't return, and I'm GLAD they won't return to Nu-Metal. ATS and Living Things opened my eyes to active listening and appreciating the fact that exploring new sounds and not being labeled to 1, 2, or even 5 genres is simply amazing and makes music an art form again. Something that you don't see much of.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Metamorphosis was a weak album but I still like Papa Roach. And great to see another Hollywood Undead fan on this site!

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

LT>Meteora>Infest (Papa Roach)>Hybrid Theory=Minutes to Midnight> Rest of Papa Roach's music> A Thousand Suns> Metamorphosis (Papa Roach).

So yes, In My opinion Papa Roach does have an album better than LP albums

KaitoKid

KaitoKid Lyricist

this band mentioned Linkin Park @ 0:39. I think they do idolized LP.