Will LIVING THINGS Debut at no.1 This time?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by dontFindOutMe, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NateXY

NateXY I was by your side, powerless.

Just got about 5 people in my class to buy LIVING THINGS, not heaps but still something I guess hahaha :)
    I really hope LP win this... they honestly deserve it so much!

2. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

...Hey, whaddya know. Lost in the Echo is #104 on the NZ "Singles" chart for iTunes. ...Wha?

3. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

So my hopes that were right up in the sky after seeing LP on #11 and M5 on #52 have all crashed down.I really wish that LT debut at no .1

4. Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

It's number 1 on Australian iTunes and was only released yesterday.

5. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Even the M5 fans don't seem too happy with the album... And I found comments like ''I want the old M5 back'' which is exactly what LP has been getting for a couple of years. Anyway, M5 isn't as big as a threat as I expected. But dammit, I even liked all the Bieber songs I listened to. Now that he sounds like a man it's a whole another story. Anyway, I think LP will reach number one, maybe not debut, but it will reach number one.

6. Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

It's very hard to climb up to #1 on the Billboard 200 (Because sales almost always go down during the second week), especially with both Chris Brown and 50 cent releasing their albums the next week (July 3rd)
    I think we'll manage to debut #1, though.

7. Filip

Anyway, the Maroon 5 album got 51/100 on Metacritic. LP can beat that for sure.

8. Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

Yeah, the least LP have got on Metacritic is 56 (Minutes to Midnight) :)

9. dontFindOutMe

Where did you read it? I have very little hope that it is gonna debut at no.1(thanks to bieber and m5)

10. Panagiotis Papagianni

Panagiotis Papagianni Stay Away From Me Motherfuckerrrrrrr

Linkin Park has already passed Bieber on Amazon charts

11. Ashwin Rajashekar

Ashwin Rajashekar New Member

Well... I'm having a feeling that they have lots of chances to reach the top this week... The reason? The album released in India today, and preorder was open a month ago on a website called flipkart.com. And I don't think you would believe me if I say this, but all the DVDs were sold out yesterday, that is a day before even it was released... Maroon 5 and Justin Bieber Didn't have so much of a response.. So it think that if not all over the world, it would top the charts atleast here in India...

12. jessiexo

jessiexo Well-Known Member

Overall, internationally, I'm sure LP will get #1, US/Canada is an issue cuz as someone said, the public eats up bubblegum pop on a silver platter.

But LT is #14 in the US and #15 in Canada while Maroon 5 is #49 and #38.

Unfortunately M5 have 2 songs in the top 10 right now =\

13. NateXY

NateXY I was by your side, powerless.

Honestly I don't think the fact that 2 M5 songs are in the Top 10 is a threat, because the public heard those songs on the radio I'm guessing and a majority of people would be like, okay this song is good we should buy it. Hopefully most of them have no idea of the album which is releasing and just stick to those singles haha :)

14. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

I don't get why there's such a defeatist attitude towards this. Sure M5 and Bieber are both releasing albums around the same time, but the M5 album is being ripped apart by critics and even the Bieber hype has come back to a normal level now. I don't know about other countries, but LIVING THINGS is already at Number 1 in the Australian iTunes chart and it's been out for all of 3 days. I have high hopes for this album, and normally I couldn't give a fuck how LP albums do on the charts but I really want them to get recognised for this :)

Dude, I lost it! I'm still laughing hahaha :rofl:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  15. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Has Linkin Park ever gone up against a Bieber release? I don't think I keep up on these things

16. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

Even if they have, it wouldn't matter. In a Venn diagram of 'people who buy Linkin Park CD's' and 'people who buy Justin Bieber CD's', the intersection would be so small it'd be irrelevant. But I do remember reading somewhere that ATS sold 241k in it's first week and Justin Biebers last album only sold 30k more than that or something, which when you consider the fact that one's a concept album that divided the fan base and the other's over-produced easily digestible pop, is pretty decent.

17. dontFindOutMe

I am hoping that LT make up to the No.1. But on itunes, it is still out of top 10 albums and only 2 days is left up for the release. How can we manage that?

18. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

The key with Maroon 5's top two songs is that they're singles. However, Americans today rarely buy albums. Songs are more common that's why those two songs are so high while the rest of the album is barely getting anywhere. On the other hand, Justin Bieber doesn't have this problem because his fan base likes his music as much as Linkin Park fans like their albums.

19. OmarAbaza999

OmarAbaza999 Active Member

i really hope we win this :D linkin park is getting heaps of praise while maroon 5 are getting ripped apart for their singles. justin beiber is getting thrashed by his own fans. his prediction of 500k first week is goin down by the hour and is now even below 400k first week/ assuming he gets a -50% he will get less than 200k second week. but that is assuming he gets only 50% decline which is nearly impossible due to his fans making the album very frontloaded and secondly because the album is simply crap and i think he will get a 70-75% decline which means hes not a threat at all!! oly threat is m5 because they are goining at gr8 lengths to promote the album no matter what and eventhough the critics didnt like the album but their fanbase is loyal so they will be a tough cookie to crack, but im VERY optimistic and i think i deserve a thumbs up :chuck:

20. Filip

I also believe in reaching number 1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.