Linkin Park LIVING THINGS Concert Event in Theaters Tonight

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 25, 2012.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Show is pretty awesome. Very cool experience seeing the band up on the big screen like that. I got there around 15 minutes before show time and they had a countdown on the screen and were playing LP music videos and promos for organizations like Power the World. At show time they played The Making of the Burn It Down music video, parts 1 and 2. Concert was cool, band was on fire, German fans kick ASS. They cut Runaway, POA, Catalyst, and Crawling from the show to fit it in the time frame.

Had a lot of fun, turned out there were a decent amount of people at my theatre. We jammed out and sang along and everything. Great night.

LP72290

LP72290 Active Member

So saw this in theaters tonight and got the album early today in the mail from the preorder! amazing day! :)

mastae

mastae Some Honky

They cut The Catalyst :( that's my favorite song live.

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

Was there much new documentary footage?

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

There wasn't any new footage. There was only the making of BID.

Kmid24

Kmid24 Well-Known Member

There wasn't any documentary footage from the LT exept Burn it Down making of 1&2. I was sad that they cut Runaway and Crawling but even though the Catalyst is my favorite song, I don't care to see it much live. Only about 10 other ppl showed up at my theater and none of them except my friend and I clapped after each preformed song. Also I think we were the only ones to sing along. It was still very enjoyable to hear it nice and loud on the big screen for my friend and I to sing along and head bang to.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Only ten people showed up to my showing as well. I was at the showing in Oaks, PA. Very good show :).

ryyyylp

ryyyylp Well-Known Member

Great show in Sunrise, Florida. Like 30-40 people. Everyone standing and jamming.

Jet5195

Jet5195 Active Member

So here in Montgomery, AL me and my friends were the only ones who showed up o_O. And to whoever said With You was cut from theirs it was in ours hmmm..

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

Got back from the Roseville showing.

Liked the nifty countdown they had and the (theater sized!) music videos, which made me wonder what I missed if I had shown up earlier. Also there was like 10 people at my showing. No wonder my local theater didn't show it.

My theater showed With You. I got a new appreciation for BID through theater sound systems. Awesome medly. Awesome Beastie Boys cover. Sad I didn't see The Catalyst........ Watching LPTV on a big screen made me kinda dizzy.

WheresMyFucknFrappuccino?

WheresMyFucknFrappuccino? I ordered a frappuccino...

LOVE IT.

ProjektSoxRock

ProjektSoxRock Of Beauty & Rage

Just got back from Newington, NH show. There was about 6 others and it was great.

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

Man my theater(AMC 16 Burbank, CA) completely fucked it up. They didn't show any of the making of stuff or other videos. They started the show 40 minutes early LOL. About 50 minutes in they realize that they started they show fucking early when half the people weren't even there yet, so they restart the entire show. I should have taken a piss then cause damn I was hurting during the 2nd replay. I think I was the only one singing along and banging my head. There was a decent amount of people though, around 30-40. Also they didn't even turn the lights on after the credits, had to use my phone flashlight to see.

The only plus was they gave out a free movie ticket because they fucked up.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Ok I was about to say, Really fun to watch because it was.

Was it worth the price? No.
    Was it very fun? Yes.

They showed making of BID video. Before theature event they showed catalyst video and power the world commercials. Showed BID video before concert. It was really amazing and fun to watch the band on big screen and they were nearly perfect! Best live band and I still stick to that (tied with Muse anyways!).

But I was hoping for Runaway, and I was pretty sure they played it at the concert, and now I just found out we were robbed of: Runaway, Points of Authority, The Catalyst, and Crawling. This sucked. Why the frick does it only have to be 1:30? could they not making the special event go longer? why set restrictions? make it 2 hours, show those four songs, add something special at the end. CMON! I had a friend with me, who really wanted to see The Catalyst live and he was upset they didn't play it but it turns out they did, it was just cut from the set. And he's not even a big fan of ATS, and really wanted to see it. so stupid. /rant

Anyways, there were only 4 people in our theature, but I expected low attendance because of the theature we chose to go too out of our options.

EDIT: yes, I shouldn't complain but I really wanted to see Runaway!

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

Yeah I was pretty pissed that they cut 4 songs too, seems very arbitrary as to why.

Kameiko

Kameiko Ketchup Face

Great concert, shit people paying attention to their cellphones next to me, and sad songs got cut out.

But regardless I had fun :).

INK12Many

INK12Many Well-Known Member

Good show!
    Great crowd for this one too. MTM show was only about 14 people, this one had a good 40+ people. Only one other LPU member in attendance, pretty cool people. A few sang along through the show, front row guy sang his heart out and fist pumped. So happy to be the only one to sing along to LIES GREED MISERY and UNTIL IT BREAKS for WFTE. Brought my Living things album to see if anyone can chat about their thoughts on the album. Three anxiously wanted to see the album, a good time to talk about it. They kept true to waiting until tomorrow morning to listen to the album themselves. A few others heard the leak and had interesting opinions towards it.
    All in all, it was a great time & show. Knew the setlist ahead of time, knew about when the songs were cut but didn't want to let the people around know about it.

What I did find amazing though was how CRAZY different a full theatre set makes BURN IT DOWN sound so good with such speaker display. You can hear every element to the song. I want that setup so badly to hear the entire album to.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

An amazing show. Chester sung everything perfectly.

kev_

kev_ Well-Known Member

I went to the showing in Anchorage, Alaska. Maybe 12 people or so. Everyone was reserved at first but started clapping and singing along as the show went on. Bummed to see a few songs cut but all in all it was pretty cool. Awesome to see Blackout in such high quality. I'm surprised at how well that song translates live.

Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I had fun. I just wish they had given us like a poster or something, but oh well. I went to the one in Mesa, AZ. About 15 people? Had fun with my friend and the guy next to me. We all got into and sang and rocked out haha.

Anyone know why they cut out 4 tracks? -__- especially "The Catalyst" :X