Living Things vs A Thousand Suns

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Money Maker Mike, Jun 16, 2012.

?

Living Things or A Thousand Suns?

1. Living Things

68.7%
  2. A Thousand Suns

31.3%
  1. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

So I'm doing my thing and just chilling out around the house, and then I get this feeling. Suddenly. That somebody, somewhere has jacked my analogy of LIVING THINGS and A Thousand Suns. I'm humbled. :kappa:

2. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I made that analogy in the Shoutbox around the leak day! Perhaps we think alike. :kappa:

3. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I still love it. Still my 2nd favorite album of all time!

4. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I can't get enough of Living Things. There's nothing better in summer than to blast some energetic and fucking awesome music all day everyday. I can throw on any song from the album and immediately get into that pleasant mood and enjoy the music.

5. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Can't pick! Love them both! Don't make me! *wimpers*

6. aKaRiot

aKaRiot LP Fanboy

Living Things. Hands down. It's giving Meteora a run for it's money and I never thought that would EVER happen.

7. aKaRiot

aKaRiot LP Fanboy

And which album is better?

Living Things :)

8. The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

ATS is the best LP album.

9. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

You're not even gonna qualify that with anything? Just going to fold your arms and say it's better? Okay. I'm not going to dress you down and hurt your feelings. I'm just gonna say that my opinions about nu-metal fans are totally justified.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  10. iPhantom

iPhantom Banned

I joined the forums to say this. I love A Thousand Suns and I enjoy it way more than Living Things. But why are you trying battle members opinions? It doesn't make any sense. You typed multiple paragraphs for no reason. If you like A Thousand Suns more, great. You don't have to force your points on everyone else. I love both albums, A Thousand Suns more but you don't see me breaking down Living Things complaining about how it isn't as unique and varied as the fourth album. You can make all your points all day long and these people are still going to hold their opinions. Who cares if A Thousand Suns isn't being appreciated as much anymore or Living Things is getting higher praise? Do you really think your posts about song structures / uniqueness / whole-album compared to singles-collection theory is going to make people change their vote? Jeez man.

Also, Living Things feels like a rush through Linkin Park's whole career. The first few songs are catchy rock or rap/rock songs, and then it gets a little bit softer and metal, and then it gets all weird and experimental. It's like three Linkin Park albums compacted into one.

My vote: A Thousand Suns. It was a close call.

11. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm not trying to proselytize anyone. I'm just proving a point. Take a look at the people who like ATS and take another at the people who like, say, Meteora. It's like living in the Bible Belt and not being a Southern Baptist.

12. iPhantom

iPhantom Banned

Well people have opinions. I know a guy who loves "The Fragile" but hates "Year Zero". He also hates "The Wall" and "Dark Side Of The Moon" but loves "Animals".

People can like anything they want no matter if it's Hybrid Theory, A Thousand Suns, Living Things, or LPU8. That's why this is a community!

You did make good points but some people just don't care about the points you made. I agreed with some, but they didn't form my opinion on the albums.

13. Gorgeous Nightmare

Gorgeous Nightmare Member

I don't know, I may be the minority here but I thought A Thousand Suns was a masterpiece. It wasn't just an album, it was art to me. However, most of the songs had to grow on me, I only liked "The Catalyst" and "When They Come for Me" from the start. But when they all did grow on me I loved them. HOWEVER, I got into Living Things much quicker. I fell in love with each song as soon as I listened to them, but I don't think it's as much of a masterpiece as ATS. So for now, I'm going with A Thousand Suns.