LOST IN THE ECHO Music Video Being Filmed Today

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 1, 2012.

1. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

2. linkinparkluvr224

linkinparkluvr224 Well-Known Member

i legit cant stop laughing right now oh god.

but back to the video, yes.

3. Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

Yeah, back to video......
    The girl (Carly Francavilla) is HOT

4. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Yes it is. It's nu metal and how come you're replying to nearly every comment in this thread?

5. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

dude, we know HT was and still is amazing. Especially for its time. To me that album still blows me away by the fact that it was written in the late 90's. It was funny to see a lot of bands trying to imitate HT. Things change though and if you take 1 second to look at it from the bands point of view, they simply want to cover more ground with their music. You seriously sound like a really bored 12 year old butt hurt kid with aspergers syndrome or something. For anyone to claim that they are a true "ORIGINAL LP fan" is childish and it makes you look silly. What does that even mean? How is it even remotely relevant to the discussion of what LP album one enjoys the most? It's ok to like HT and not ATS, it's ok to like M2M and not LT, and so on. Nobody cares. It's fucking music. Just appreciate LP and what they stand for.

6. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Hey hey hey, NOT COOL. Choose a different set of words.

7. Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

We really need to go back on topic or make a new one because this one is messed up.

8. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

Autism is thrown around so much these days. Damn near everyone has it. My apologies if I offended anyone, though.

9. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Can everyone just get back on topic like Ree already suggested earlier and stop bringing up these meaningless Hybrid Theory debates? Either discuss the video or just don't post in the thread at all because this is being derailed far too much. Thank you.

10. linkinparkluvr224

linkinparkluvr224 Well-Known Member

edit: kind of ninja'd by Joe*

she totally is. i can't wait to see what her role in the video is. ;D

11. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

The video will be amazing

12. omin0us

omin0us Somewhere in between the kick and high-hat...

Sooo, I'm visiting this site from 5-6 years, I made acc 2 years ago and as you see I don't right often but this time I got seriously ... disturbed by recent comments that I've read around here and around the net... I will try to be brief and clear - 1st of all - I don't think that ANYbody could/would/should leave HT behind in the list of albums. It may be old and not so actual, but so it is (probably) your mom. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I mean that for me, personaly, HT is like the thing that born (or spawn, I'm not sure what is right grammatically) a... thrill, the thing that gave me shivers. I mean that whatever some guys say they will always know that no matter how many good/better albums LP do - they will always be compared with the first one, especially when it's so successful album. BUT, you can't ever, I mean NEVER EVER say that anything new LP does it's weak or buls*it... This actually can be said only by man who never listened to their newer songs/albums. I think that somebody already said that, I'm sorry if I'm repeating, but the important thing is that the main, the basic, the fundamental idea of Linkin Park is still LIVING nad it was always living, nad it's the idea of mixing different sounds from different styles and put into effect the real evergreen, everlasting hybrid theory. I hope you understand what I mean with what I wrote. No hard feelings for ''ATS era fans'', no hard feelings for ''HT era fans'', no hard feelings for ''true LP fans''. The most important think is that no matter what YOU personally think, everybody has the right to have their own way of thinking, and everybody has the right to express it.

Back on topic:
    I'm really excited about this video! I now that LP won't dissapoint us!

Peace out and sorry for/if bad grammar...

EDIT: Sorry for bringing back this subject, I just wanted to express what I think, it won't happen again (writing on different subject, not ''express what I think'')!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  13. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

It's funny this argument comes up, as I was just spending all day watching various videos and docs of Linkin Park in chronological order, so obviously a lot of my day has been drenched in some of their oldest songs. There are two things I want to say about this: first, to do with their video doc where they're still Hybrid Theory (it's 1999 in the video) and they're still just a bunch of guys jamming and rehearsing in some apartment in Hollywood. Brad (may have been Mike, I'm not gonna go back and check) says something along the lines of "With our songs we try to mix things up structurally, so people listening can't go 'oh, here's the rap part' or 'here's the rock part.' We never want to just be a rock/rap group." Something like that. The point is I think they make it abundantly clear as early as 1999 that they wrote the music the way they did because nu-metal at the time was new and interesting, and they never intended to stick to that. Once they felt they'd taken experimentation in that genre as far as they could go with it, they would change things up, and be true to their name, Hybrid Theory.

The other conclusion I came to pretty much confirms that last statement. I was watching a bunch of their live stuff from around 2001 to 2004, so it was only nu-metal. Y'know what? It was really great to watch and hear because it's awesome music, but that's not where I am in life anymore. I'm not saying it sounded stale or anything, but I'm not in that state of mind anymore. The world - or even America and the band itself - was in a different place then, and a lot has changed between now and then. I was twelve years old when I was first introduced to Linkin Park, back in 2002, so I know I have. So I feel like as I have grown up and matured, so has Linkin Park's sound evolved and they've become a more serious band, truly a force to be reckoned with. I'm looking forward to growing alongside this excellent band, and I can't wait to see where they take things in the future. I want them to truly surprise me, and I have no doubt they will.

Edit: I didn't see the Joe-mobile come in. Well whatever, I already made my obligatory on-topic comment.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  14. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

Its cool bro but i never been called that b4 tho lol, thats a new one for me thanks.

15. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Exactly my reaction. Just spat rice onto my keyboard.

16. sian

sian YNWA

Tweet by Carly

30 Jun Carly Francavilla ‏@CarlyF_babyy
    I got the part in the Linkin Park and Jay Z music video!!! On set in two days #happytweet #dyingtweet #omg
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

I don't get it dose she meen a jay video of his own or has jay z got his hand in the new LP vid

17. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Already been confirmed as a mistake. There is no Jay Z.

18. sian

sian YNWA

Ok cheers just seen the tweet I guessed it was a mistake just wanted to ask

19. mastae

mastae Some Honky

lol silly bitch

20. Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

As always, I will never be much interested in music videos.

Doesn't help that LITE is the worst song on the album for me.