LOST IN THE ECHO Music Video Being Filmed Today

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Smh. Not all of today's music is garbage. And not every thing played on the radio is garbage. You just have to find a good station, and even bad radio stations play some good songs.

2. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Indeed.

Meanwhile, people of the previous generation think the music we grew up on is garbage

3. Kameiko

Kameiko Ketchup Face

Sweet :D!

4. Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

Stoked that this is the next single - my second favourite track from the album.

What pleases me most is that they're not releasing the single to radio NOW, then releasing the video for it 8 weeks later - totally kills any momentum the song might gain from being viewable/listenable in a variety of media at the same time. The timing should always sync up IMO. Song hits the radio, people go online and find the video for it on YouTube immediately.

5. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

Like LP lol

6. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

I watch music channels on tv. Not for anything in particular but just as something to have in the background while I'm doing other stuff. For all the terrible crap they show, they do show some good stuff :lol:

I think this song'll do well personally. It's pretty intense for a radio song, and that's a good thing. Surely people would get tired of hearing the same terrible pop music over and over

7. LeoMPhillyFan

LeoMPhillyFan Well-Known Member

I just listened to QWERTY and it definitely is nu-metal. I only heard it twice at the time of writing and only remembered the "hide behind your lies" part. I forgot about the rapping and Korn-like guitars. The rest of the songs I mentioned are definitely not nu-metal though.

8. Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

'Better' is subjective.

If he likes/doesn't like the song, that's his deal. You can't justify 'why' a song is better to someone. I think that is the beauty of Linkin Park. Different songs connect to different people for different reasons. (especially since the Minutes to Midnight era). For example, I, for one, think that 'In Between' is a largely dull song. However, I know others that love it. I believe 'Robot Boy' to be one of the most beautiful things they've written. Other fans on here think it's trash. Can I say 'Robot Boy' is a better song than 'In Between'? Sure, for my own tastes, but I'm not going to push those onto people and call them out for their own tastes. I mean, I won't always understand it, but perhaps those songs connect to them (or don't) for specific reasons and I can respect that.

I can understand that the lyrics on Meteora could be better, but I've never been one for really absorbing lyrics unless I'm actively trying to listen to them. I will always love 'Faint' and 'Breaking the Habit' off of that album. Because of the lyrics? Nah. The 'Faint' instrumental is so infectious for me, and I'm hoping we get something in that same vein in the future from them. 'Breaking the Habit' was that old era's 'experimental' song, and I totally dig it.

Music, at its essence, is art and there's no universal bar for judging it. People can be condescending about certain songs or tastes (I'm not saying you did this, just in general) but that doesn't really make much sense to me. Some people love radio-friendly pop music, great. Some people dig long, atmospheric tracks with unorthodox structures. Good for them. I think this is where I've found my newfound respect for Linkin Park. I used to love Linkin Park for their trademark sound in their first two albums, but since then I've loved them for their unabashed willingness to explore new ventures for themselves and their listeners. I may not love everything they put out, but not many other notable artists consistently put out as diverse of material as them and I think that, in itself, is fresh.

9. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

^ Well said, that should hopefully put an end to this pointless debate for now.

I don't know why but I got a Terminator Salvation vibe from it. Survivors in a modern wasteland kinda thing.

10. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I 100% agree!

11. Delta Epsilon

Delta Epsilon Active Member

Good that we're finally getting the confirmation. Releasing this particular song as their next single should go a long way in helping to hook back some of the former fans.

12. JasonN

JasonN Well-Known Member

wow, I imagined about the same scenes like this when I was listening to LITE

13. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

The model is hot. Therefore, the video should be great! :lol:

14. Filip

That was filmed on a train station, could be the location for the LITE video.

15. Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

Up next, CASTLE OF GLASS, then I'LL BE GONE, then POWERLESS.
    Is my guess.
    I hope this video doesn't look too similar to From the Inside.

16. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

It won't.

17. Filip

I'll be disappointed if there are only 3 singles... Minutes to Midnight also had 11 songs and an instrumental, but it had 5 singles..

18. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Does anybody think what would be the single cover look like? :)

19. Filip

20. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator