ERROR IN POWERLESS?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by DarkWolf08, Jul 2, 2012.

(BG)

(BG) Well-Known Member

you mean that the letter "a" 's sing is not a long perfect note?!
    if yes that's true, but maybe he wants to sing that part a bit weaker

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

He just lets the note get coarser. He does this all the time. It is not a crack.

rlkx

rlkx Like an army falling, one by one by one..

There is no crack, at least I can't find it. If by crack you say when he lowers the tone on the word fall, then you cant seem to understand how Chester is ON PURPOSE adding an emotional tone to the song. Sorry if I seem to be rude, just can't put it in another way. When I read the thread title ERROR in POWERLESS I desperately heard the song multiple times and found nothing... and the sentence ERROR on SONG for producers like Mike and Rick Rubin is not at all in their vocabulary, and IF they should let one mistake pass by, one of the mixers who revised the songs over and over would have heard it...

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I just listened to the whole album again, and this time, Powerless impressed me the most... Beautiful track, no crack in his voice..

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Go easy on the facepalms and troll faces, bro.

Anyway, I'm sure that the "crack" was on a purpose...it adds to the emotion. I noticed it like second time I've heard the song and thought to myself: "damn, that is a nice detail." Mike makes similar thing on In My Remains (like an army falling...)