LP Underground Twelve CD: Thoughts and predictions

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by bullettrain, Jul 10, 2012.

Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

Hm. Got it. Thank you. So, a demo is possible.

When do they usually announce the LPU?

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Wasn't LPU meant to be released earlier.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Usually sometime near the end of the year.

LPUX announced in October 2010
    LPU11 announced in November 2011

Flagrare

Got it. Thank you Ree! :awesome:

Shin-Yoda

Shin-Yoda New Member

i think this underground cd will be different then the past ones , LPU9,LPU10,LPU11 - on this LPUs they picked demos and release them outdoor , i think they might change this process because it's fair that 3LPUCDS are enough to erase the need for demos by the fans, and i think they might explore more and release something creative , like someone said earlier-acoustic songs, remixs,lives ,unreleased track,...

For Me a good undergound tracklist at this point is not a full demo CD because some demos get boring after the first listenings ,my idea of a good tracklist is something like this (at this point):

-One Remix
    -One Unreleased Track
    -One LT/AT Demo
    -One Live (a unique one)
    -One Instrumental Idea left behind
    -One Acoustic (maybe live) track

That's why my favourite LPU is LPU6, cuz the cd has a live, a unreleased track, an acoustic track,an instrumental,a version of RME played with chester.

Ofc when LPU9 and the following LPU cds were available i got mindblowed but when i listen to LPU11 i think it's lazy of them to not make anything fresh and creative ,they just pick the tracks and put em on a CD.
    btw, i really love to see LP process on the demos and i love LPU9,LPUX,LPU11 but if they release more of these it will become boring and lazy.

i can promise one thing the new LPU Cd will not just have demos, i trust LP

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tracks that i didnt like on LPU9-LPUX AND LPU11:
    -Sad, boring samples.
    -Stick N' Move Demo, another boring sample
    -Oh No, boring as hell
    -yo (mtm demo), boring instrumental
    ----the rest is damn good-----

i didnt like that they include in the end and esaul demos on the underground 11.i already own 3 bootlegs full of hybrid theory and pre-HT demos , dont need more, besides they are everywhere on the internet since 2001 -.-
    ANOTHER lame thing was the WID shinoda remix already available since 2007-2008 on the MTM tour edition.

my favourite tracks on LPU9.LPUX AND LPU11 were:
    -Across The Line
    -Fear
    -Drum Song
    -Soundtrack
    -Slip
    -pale
    -pretend to be
    -coal

,Login off

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
    Filip

Announced? That doesn't mean released, right?

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

People seriously expect WAY too much.. We are seriously luck that we get a LPU CD available each year. Just sayin...

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I like the idea of an acoustic ballad album.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Not sure if anyone said it (too lazy to read whole thread) but Pictureboard can't be put on an LPU CD and will never ever be released because it features samples of another artist that the band didn't get cleared.

Flagrare

Exactly what I think. In truth the majority of artists release albums to every 4 years. And EVERY FUCKING YEAR Linkin Park gives to us a new album! It's something amazing. We can't expect too much! [witeken] And we have to be thankful. [/witeken]

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

well it's more like artists release albums ever 2 years, but I see you point, but also at the same time you can't really compare it to other artists works because they aren't true "albums" if you know what I mean. I am still very grateful though.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

So kinda like "She Couldn't" then? So unless someone puts it up on eBay, we won't hear it anytime soon. :(

Anyway, I think they should include ATS & LT b-sides & demos this year. I think we've got plenty of demos from the HT & Met & MTM eras now so it makes sense they focus on the newer stuff.

That said, I'd gladly welcome another MMM... Cookies. As long as its not live tracks! :alf:

Oh and release the My December Team Sleep Remix!!!!! It's been 10 years now! :cocainefan:

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

With the demo lyrics for Victimized, I just had a glorious vision of an extended Victimized structured like a reverse Blackout, soft demo part and then add in the vicious album part. THAT would be insanely awesome.

HybridBharath

HybridBharath Well-Known Member

What is Pictureboard?

Geki

Geki >.

The fans should be able to choose what demos they want for a LPU album for once. That'd be cool and would definitely give back to the fans. I don't want to pay money for music that's just live tracks and remixes, I FUCKING HATE REMIXES. They have gave demos to us for LPU9, LPUX and LPU11 so I hope THEY CONTINUE THAT TREND. We definitely need:

MTM Demos (ONES WITH SCREAMING AND HEAVINESS)
    MTM Demos (Some softer ones)
    Meteora Demos WITH vocals. NOT instrumental.
    ''Thoughts that take away my pride'' track from Meteora sessions (It's even been used as background in LPTV 2007 so YOU KNOW it's out there)
    Pictureboard (I don't care if it's shit)
    Some old HT demos that aren't demos of songs we know of (Like Slip and Blue and She Couldn't)
    An ATS demo that isn't just a different vocal take, like I Have Not Begun
    A Blackout demo
    My December - TEAM SLEEP REMIX

Any of those things would make me fucking excited. The one that pisses me off the most is that THEY WILL NOT GIVE US THE THOUGHTS THAT TAKE AWAY MY PRIDE track. Like wtf. Fans have wanted that since the making of Meteora in 2003. It had full lyrics and vocals, and fully completed, why not release it to their fanclub?!? They even used it in the Summer Sanitarium episode of LPTV in 2007, it's used in the background, the music is the same heard as in the clip from the making of Meteora. You know it's completed and out there. Fans would go ape shit over that. I bet if they released all these rare and awesome demos that tons of people would actually BUY the LPU pass instead of just DOWNLOADING it for free. I pay every year and sometimes I feel ripped off. The last 3 years have been great, LPU11 was the worst of the 3, but I hope I'm not disappointed this time around. I've been an LP fan since 2000 and have payed for the LPU every single year since 2003. I buy a lot of LP merch and I also buy every single LP release that comes out, and sometimes multiple copies for no reason. Please give us this stuff, LP!! MIKE IF YOU ARE READING THIS, PLEASE MAN!!!

Tracks that I didn't enjoy from the last 3 LPU releases are:

Sad (Pointless, it's like a minute long and has no vocals)
    Stick N Move (Pointless, it's like a minute long and has no vocals, we also have a completed version of the track since 1997. Wtf?)
    Oh No (Pointless, it's like a minute long and has no vocals)
    What I've Done M. Shinoda Remix (We got this track in early 2007. Wtf? Not rare, and everyone has heard it. Not sure why it was included)
    In The End Demo (Why? I mean, it's higher quality, but we've pretty much had this since like 2000, EVERYONE has heard it)
    Bang Three (Cool to have, but the only difference is the intro slightly and the bridge has different guitar. NO VOCALS. Basically a WID instrumental)
    Robot Boy Optional Vocal Take (Kind of cool....I guess... But no one really likes Robot Boy and only some words are different. Why?)
    Esaul (It's cool to have the Frat Party version in HQ, but again, we've had it since 2000 and EVERYONE has heard it, even more than ITE demo)

Also, the Meteora demos are cool, but nearly every single one out of 9 demos are practically instrumental... It gets annoying. I think LP gives us the instrumental tracks because they don't want us to hear what they had for vocals on the tracks. I have a hunch that a lot of the Meteora and MTM instrumentals we got did have some vocals at one point.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

You have to remember that these are demos and the band are probably especially not happy with any vocals recordings which precede the finals.

Filip

How about ATS demos and unreleased songs?

The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

Excuse me, Sir..but I don't think so.

bullettrain

bullettrain Well-Known Member

+1

Robot Boy is brilliant harmony track, and probably one of the best they've made to date

20. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

I don't think we have any right to demand demos and what not. We have no idea what needs to be done to get these kind of things released, the band usually doesn't like having people hear unfinished work (they are known perfectionists), and we have to keep in mind that they don't HAVE to do any of this. They don't have to have an LPU and release a brand new CD for it every year. I'm grateful for whatever we get, even if it's a one minute instrumental. The fans beg and beg for demos and when the band finally does (and have been doing for the past three years), they complain that it's not good enough. Ridiculous. They have been giving you what you want.