The Disney Classics Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Decay, Jul 25, 2012.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Whoever mentioned Robin Hood... That's what my sick days consisted of. Robin Hood and the second Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.

HybridBharath

HybridBharath Well-Known Member

I loved the animation of the older Disney movies. They made you feel warm :)

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

I think I'm gonna watch Robin Hood again later. I seriously love that movie. Prince John seriously one of my favorite Disney characters, he's hilarious! :lol:

Oh and people, Atlantis? Anyone? Treasure Planet? Anyone? :D

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Ah yes, I like that one as well!

The Horned King was badass and the.. creature (I think he was called Gurgi) somehow reminded me of Smeagle from LOTR :lol:

LeoMPhillyFan

LeoMPhillyFan Well-Known Member

I watched them nonstop as a kid obviously, but Aladdin and The Lion King are the only ones I still watch. I prefer Pixar, actually.
    BTW, did anyone else play Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 and watch the corresponding movie each time they were on a Disney world?

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Big fan of Kingdom Hearts! Actually bought the new one a couple of weeks ago. I tried to watch as many movies as possible that appear in that game to 'prepare' myself :lol:

LeoMPhillyFan

LeoMPhillyFan Well-Known Member

Dream Drop Distance? Sadly, I don't have the 3DS so I can't play it. :(

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Yup! Aw, that's kinda sad, it's quite a good game! Although the story is... well, it's a mindfuck :lol:

Liz

Liz ChainsawLiz LPA VIP

The Sword in the Stone! And Robin Hood! Both were me and my brothers faves (still are for me). We watched them together pretty often (and my brother is 8 years older than me xD)

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

That's what's so awesome about Disney Classics. They are for all ages!

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I know it's not a classic, but fuck me standing if Tangled isn't an amazing movie. Joe

Geki

Geki >.

I literally worshipped The Lion King as a child, I watched that movie multiple times a day, everyday, I even acted out scenes from the film and bought a bunch of stuff that had to do with the film. I also loved Beauty And The Beast, Hercules, Mulan, The Jungle Book, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid and I also used to like the old Mickey films with Pete and stuff like that. Disney is fucking amazing! It also reminds me of Kingdom Hearts.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I always enjoyed watching The Rescuers and The Great Mouse Detective when I was younger.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Watched Tangled yesterday and I loved it! It really has the feeling of Disney Classics but with a modern flavor. Although I still prefer the 2D animated movies, I like this style as well. Also rewatched Peter Pan. Nostalgia, nuff said!

Liz

Liz ChainsawLiz LPA VIP

Tangled isn't like amongst the original Disney Classic, but it's still a Disney Classic by name x) Which is awesome! LOVE that movie!

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Fuck, I wish I had a 3DS so I could try Dream Drop Distance. Squeenix really brought new life to the whole Disney franchise (not that they needed it). I've been on a full-length feature binge the last couple days, so I've been watching all of the well-known movies, from Snow White to Tangled, in chronological order. I'm currently on Cinderella, and I skipped Saludos Amigos and a bunch of the "packaged" films of the '40s, since they don't quite qualify as full-length (they're all collections of a bunch of shorts).

I also came to another conclusion: I really wish Disney animators went back to two-dimensional 'toons. As much as I love Wall-E and Toy Story and all those, I miss the traditional style. I've gotten pretty tired of 3D.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

I think it's safe to say that Pixar movies will always be about 3D animation. But I do want to see another 2D movie from Disney, like in the old days. But that raises the question: what would it be about?

It goes without saying that there are still lots of (maybe less known) fairy tales/myths/legends that can be told. What do you guys want to see if Disney were to make another cartoon?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

I mean just because Disney does a 2D original again, doesn't mean it has to be about an old fairy tale or something. I think contemporary children's TV and Japanese anime sufficiently well to that.

That said, I would love to see something like the fairy tales of yore, the Cinderellas and the Snow Whites. I think that's why everyone's so miserable nowadays, it's because American cinema is so damn dark and depressing. We could use some good ole fashioned levity and flights of fancy.

Or maybe a new Mickey film. We hardly ever get any of those that aren't direct-to-video.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Tangled was an amazing movie for sure. Joe