08.17.12 - Camden, NJ (International LPU Summit Day 2)

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Aug 17, 2012.

Fatal

Fatal Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;2G8VWqnGe5Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G8VWqnGe5Q&HD=1[/video]
    Linkin Park: Camden LPU Summit Acoustic Performance (HD available!)

Just uploaded my angle of the LPU Summit Acoustin Performance. What a day this was. There is no better feeling than being surrounded by people who share such a close interest to you. It really is so easy to talk to anyone and bond with people throughout the day. I made some friends today and hopefully will have the opportunity to be with again. They were all such a fantastic group and this lifetime chance was fantastic on all acounts.

It started with a day full of activities; T-shirt designing, raffle ticket giveaways, LP auctions, and the chance to play with some of the bands equipment and get an up close view. Having only ever seen Linkin Park live once, this was really something special. I've never met the band and I knew this was a good chance. After a couple hours in the lobby of the Susquehanna Bank Center, we departed for the Hard Rock Cafe to eat some lunch. Options were small but free; how could I complain? Ordere a Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Pink Lemonade and a complimentary cookie. The highlight was filling the restaurant with hundreds of fans and the Hard Rock Cafe did fantastic in doing so as they also had Linkin Park music videos and live performances running on all televisions. The way back to the venue, I met several Linkin Park Association members and staff! The bus ride back almost resulted in our deaths as we took unique routes while we prayed for our survival. We get back and get in lines. Linkin Park arrives and sits down and for all members that had a dollar we kicked things off with a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors. We played this game until we had a final winner and I think the guy came out of it with around 30+ dollars, not to shabby. The band kicked off their acoustic set (as shown above!) and had a Q&A session.

Questions
    Why Medal of Honor over more established games such as Halo or Call of Duty? (Linkin Park responded very well and openly agreed to what he said; but they couldn't back down seeing as how it was already done. Sarcasm intended, I'm sure)
    Who do you guys want to collaborate with? (The band asked the fans which generated several responses; We ended up with a Eminem / Kelly Clarkson / Linkin Park collaboration project. The band is always looking for other artists to team with!)

Can't quite remember the others... The band then signed each Summit members item/s of choice and we followed up with a picture of all the attendees and the band. The day ended and a great day it was. Until the concert started at least.

Before I rant on about the show, I'll keep it simple: It was an awesome experience at the Honda Civic Tour! Mutemate, Linkin Park, and Incubus killed it. Front and center lawn, pouring rain, loud music, and fireworks basically sums up one of the better days in this life! I was drenched and their was no better way to experience such a show.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
    Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Amazing, incredible, outstanding day. I was lucky enough to win a personal picture with the band and be the photographer for the day. I guess $60 worth of raffle tickets gets you something! :awesome: It was so cool meeting many of the people that run the sites (both LPU and LPA) and getting some inside information. Got to eat lunch with Derek and Adam briefly and jam out to Linkin Park with a whole bunch of outstanding fans. As Chester said, "This crowd is like a band's wet dream!"

T-Issa

T-Issa Well-Known Member

It looks really amazing!
    How I wish I was there...
    It was the first time I've heard 'In My Remains' live. I like it sooo much:awesome:

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Wow! When chester started the chorus, i was literally like :eek: . It was amazing. Mike is really shy about singing. Guess he needs more exposure.

linkinkid87

linkinkid87 Member

What an awesome day, everything about the summit was amazing. Crowd singing along to the IMR bridge might have been the coolest part of the day. Got to meet Derek and Joe in line for the pit(i'm the lurker....apparently i did have an acct!). Was against the barricade whole show...unreal energy and setlist. Blew away the Wednesday show.

colinreid

colinreid Well-Known Member

Anyone managed to get backstage tours and Q&A clips?

Fatal

Fatal Well-Known Member

The band didn't do the backstage touring, most of the LPU administrators / LP staff members did that. Backstage pictures are everywhere right now though.

It didn't even cross my mind to do the Q&A on video, I was sitting right next to the question mic too.

colinreid

colinreid Well-Known Member

Oh okay. Hopefully someone else managed to record the Q&A

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Nice! What exactly do you get to do as photographer for the day? Where will your pics be posted?

It's awesome to read about your Summit/show experiences, glad you all had a great time!

@Colin - LPA Admins Joe, Derek and Todd have a lot of videos from the Summit and they'll upload those when they're not busy. :)

Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

Pretty cool, but I have to say that In My Remains is probably the weakest song on Living Things imo.

Geki

Geki >.

Really? I think it's the strongest. Goes to show how different LP fans are.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Holy crap, amazing! Also, some Girl i the crowd has a nice voice!

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

agreed

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

My thoughts exactly.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

First post updated!

I bet it was Amanda.

:awesome:

AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

Damn! it was too good!

StaticOnTheWay

StaticOnTheWay Makin' you all say "woah"

The second and third choruses were pretty tough to listen to...but the rest was awesome. And to whoever said IMR is the weakest track on LT, I have 3 words for you.

I'll Be Gone.

That is all

Geki

Geki >.

I agree. My best friend thinks IBG is this epic song. I don't like it very much. People say it sounds like DBS, I don't think it does. I just think it sucks. I like the intro and the verses, but the chorus KILLS IT for me. I don't like the lyrics in the chorus and the melody is not very good.

Fatal

Fatal Well-Known Member

I'll Be Gone is way too raw for me, I think when performed during Waiting For The End, it sounds better. Not really feeling the CD quality.

Among all my friends, they dig the new CD when we play it on some car rides, but I'll Be Gone is always skipped.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Fixed that for you. :shifty: